Super troopers....

Damodamo
1574 posts Member
So, working on troopers atm, what’s the ideal squad comp? I have all of them, just want to gear the ones that work best as a group.. I’ve zetad veers in prep, is starks needed as well?
Any opinions will help!
https://swgoh.gg/u/damodamo/collection/?f=imperial-trooper
I have zetad veers since the last update..

Replies

• crzydroid
    7255 posts Moderator
    Moved to strategy.
  • Mahbrethir
    234 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I don't know about ideal... but Zveers lead, shore, death, and now range trooper. Range trooper is just freaking awesome. As far as a 5th goes.... I'd work on Stark, so you'll have a good ipd team, but I do love Magma Trooper paired with deathmark and all the assists from Range trooper.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    I haven’t touched range trooper yet :/ Stark is on my kind of gear farm rota, but arena/jtr squads have been priority.. but I’m concentrating on troopers now for a while..
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Zveers utterly essential. Rest depends on how you'll be using them so worth gearing them all up. Range + Gar Saxon is completely ridiculous too so worth doing.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    @CHFC22 I won’t be using them outside of tw/Tb and fodder for the hsr to be honest..just looking for the most utility from the squads..
  • Snow is a beast. Range really needs 7* to shine and that is like half a year away. Snow pretty much solo'd that rebel event this morning.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Not a fan of magma myself, so I use a combo of:

Zveers
    Death / snow
    Krennic / starck
    Shore
    Storm

Range & Gar mean you'll get Gar doing 5+ counters on every aoe.

Thrawn instead of krennic / starck in sith raid too.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    Thankyou @CHFC22 gives me a starting point
  • w6qctg4rj6u8.jpeg
    I would definitely zeta these guys.
  • I just geared them up for Rebel Roundup.

They're not particularly high gear, and mods are average but I am very, very impressed. Man, they hit hard!

Veers, Starck, Death, Storm and Snow.

Snow is the most fun...hits like the proverbial truck.
  • I'm about to start building my IP team and I've got the following troopers 4* or higher right now:

Snow (7*)
    Magma (7*)
    Shore (4*)
    Death (4*)
    Veers (5*)
    Storm (5*)

I'm planning to use Range (currently 3*) when he comes farmable and I'm about to start farming Starck. With that in mind, which one of the above should I remove from my troopers lineup? I'm leaning towards Storm, but it's between he and Magma. The other will be replaced by one of Starck or Range once they're ready.
  • I just geared them up for Rebel Roundup.

They're not particularly high gear, and mods are average but I am very, very impressed. Man, they hit hard!

Veers, Starck, Death, Storm and Snow.

Snow is the most fun...hits like the proverbial truck.

This is my setup, except I recently switched to Rangetrooper (exchanging out Deathtrooper, who's sort of lost in the world now - maybe subbing into my Empire team instead of TIE fighter pilot?). Rangetrooper at G9 and 4* is flipping fabulous and I don't miss Deathtrooper at all while he's there. Trust me. It's just beautiful.

Can't do without Snow, though. As CJ says (like that @CoastalJames? Just gave you a new nickname!), he hits like an absolute mac truck. And he hits EVERYONE and he gets to do it A LOT. He the man.

As long as we're talking about this, how essential is Starck's zeta? I've already got zVeers and I'm wondering how much difference it would really make to zStarck.
  • SamuraiUX wrote: »
    (like that @CoastalJames? Just gave you a new nickname!)

I'm immortal! At last!

:D

• YKMisfit wrote: »
    I'm about to start building my IP team and I've got the following troopers 4* or higher right now:

Snow (7*)
    Magma (7*)
    Shore (4*)
    Death (4*)
    Veers (5*)
    Storm (5*)

I'm planning to use Range (currently 3*) when he comes farmable and I'm about to start farming Starck. With that in mind, which one of the above should I remove from my troopers lineup? I'm leaning towards Storm, but it's between he and Magma. The other will be replaced by one of Starck or Range once they're ready.

I'd keep Magmatrooper, he provides some utility for raid/events. I usually sub him in for Snow in rebel roundup tier 3, to help stop all the buff immunity in the last encounter. He's also pretty solid in P1 of STR (try Thrawn (L), Death, Shore, Magma and Zeers--it's my second highest damage output after JTR and they require way less gear).
    For TW/TB you'll probably want stark as he is quite fast and can double buff the entire team to push them forward under a Veers lead, plus all those buffs will be solid with range trooper. Probably something like Veers, Stark, Range, Shore +1 (I prefer death, especially in TB where he double taps all rebels).
  • I’ve just finished my trooper team and I would say you need snow for damage, very important against NS. Stark provides essential turn meter and buffs for damage. Death trooper is very good for the raid, works well in other raid teams but farm is quite long so up to you. Finally you want shore or storm for the tank. Shore is definitely the better character however is harder to gear and the grind for shards is painful. I stopped farming him once I unlocked him at 3* because it was taking too long for me. Go for storm if you want a full 7* team.
  • Impérial troopers are very fun to use. They are not OP but they are a very useful team I use as much as I can. My go-to trooper team is the following:
    zVeers(L), Starck, Death, Snow, Shore troopers

Recently I gave my Range Trooper a shot and, wow, he is good, even at 4 stars. I can use my Death Trooprt somewhere else now, my trooper team will still crush opposition.
  • Zveers L Zstark DT Snow Range

Range is the star. His protection buffs just WOW.

DT fast as possible. Get deathmark on and veers give speed up.... 5 on 4 before you can blink