Preventing Critolyte, Second Pass [MEGA]

Replies

• I had a thought, this could kill my Rancor Pit team... her two ticks of TM are critical to keeping it from attacking. I don’t see how this is better than the 50 stacks everyone asked for.
  • How about just nerfing traya then 95% of the player base wont be affected at all by anything
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    hmm, how was it with the double attacks of acolyte? didn’t she call two „sisters out of the grave“ to attack with her?

i now use my nightsisters against the foresight squad jedi. will i win 9/10 fights after the update, too?

her basic attack should ignore foresight.
  • Whatever you guys do, release the update AFTER the weekend! Please @CG_TopHat no more Friday patch releases
  • Vondy
    77 posts Member
    As mentioned above, the implications for dealing with foresight are pretty troubling as are those for talzin lead zeta resurrections. To address the former couldn't the ability be changed so that it cannot be evaded?
  • in the case, her basic attack cannot be evaded, this can help with the double damage to revive the one called sister instead of two.

would be fair.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    It's a good solution. And I won't say boo about zombie until I see what you guys come up with. I hope to see this same work ethic in the future if changes need to be made instead of another Friday afternoon rush job.
  • I have a feeling the beta testers and devs are not testing this on less than maxed out accounts. I have guild mates that will be impacted in everyday things like grinding GW because they can’t win it yet. Her double shoot is a big deal for foresight using opponents.
  • Vendea
    39 posts Member
    This seems like a good fix to me! Much better than the previous plan as it keeps damage high and actually increases chance for stealth and more healing.
  • Why not refund the gear on zombie and let people do the paper zombie if they want? Much better than reworking a toon and strategy that is interesting.
  • This isn’t about paper zombie...yet. This is about changing acolyte which truly effects the team overall regardless of which lead. I run Asajj and I need her to break foresight then get one more hit to do damage, otherwise she’s Hermit Yoda except with no buffs to share
  • TlMMEH
    60 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I am not convinced that her PvP viabilty is unchanged. With Two attacks she was able to pop foresight, then rez another nightsister who attacks, then shoot a second time, and then rez a second nightsister who attacks. She was effectively getting 3 attacks after popping foresight. And this extra damage was NEEDED to break through any kind of team worth its salt. I am worried that now she won't be able to secure any kills on her turn to revive nightsisters under Talzen's leadership.

I think to keep it on the same playing field she is going to need to be able to attack through foresight when stealthed and have any nightsister who revives to attack under Talzen's leadership do double damage as well.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Shellzbutt wrote: »
    How about just nerfing traya then 95% of the player base wont be affected at all by anything

Because the 5% it does affect are the most important players if you want to make money. Upset them, ruin your business.

I may very well be the only one who is hoping Zombie gets nerfed. I am not very competitive, but at the moment, the Nightsisters are the only thing blocking my path to glory. The devs tried something very risky when adding Talzin Spirit and Zombie, a team that worked so differently it was bound to not fit in right somewhere; thus leading to this endless loop because Traya was also a risky character. I don’t use NS, and I believe they deserve to be nerfed. Oh and they have almost no importance to Star Wars.
  • If you guys are hell bent on destroying night sisters instead of nerfing Treya, (who is the actual problem) can we get refunded for all of them? I understand you have to keep the wales happy, but not at everyone else's expense.
  • Messing with Zombie just seems like your robbing players of one of the games most entertaining factions. For what? To preserve the difficulty of Sith raid. Read the feedback on the Sith raid. It’s not fun. All the unique attributes of the toons are useless. The very things that make them fun to watch and play have virtually no effect on these less personal Kotor characters. I have a bad feeling about this
  • @CG_TopHat. First Id like to thank you for working on this problem with some in the community. And I think the solution you came up with is better then the last. As someone who has used nightsisters for a very long time ( assaj lead was my first zeta and it was pre rework) the acolyte has been a integral part of my roster, her double tap helped me solo my first rancor, 2 hits 2 chances of tm removal.
    That being said i do understand the need for a change, the double tap as mentioned was and is a great way to deal with foresight so that might need to be addressed, there is one more problem that comes up however, but I have a solution to it.

With the double tap acolyte can on turn 1, hit twice. The first hit putting her into stealth and then hitting again this time with 50% damage boost from being in stealth.

Under the single hit new version her first hit will put her into stealth, but you have to now wait till she gets full tm to actually gain the benefits of 50% offense for being stealthed and the double damage. And you need to hope her stealth isn't dispelled between her turns.

Solution:
    Is it possible to just put in " at the start of her turn she has a 90% chance to gain stealth... "

This would allow her to get the bonus right away, and although its not as good as the double tap at least gives her the damage from the start. Its not a perfect solution but it would help, just a thought anyway.
    Thank you for your continued hard work
  • This option is far superior to the previous idea. Changing the raid mechanic would screw with all the work people have done trying to clear HSTR. The change does make NA slightly worse in some ways, as mentioned above. But NS is not been a serious arena squad for a long time. My top 50 has one NS squad, and it uses GK instead of NA. In TW, NS is awful on defense since everyone knows it melts to troopers. On attack, you may as well use NA and zombie with Nute, and the change makes NA better with Nute since the chance of failed stealth on 1st attack goes from 30% to 10%. For the various ways I use NS, this change won't hurt me at all, but the previous change made HSTR significantly harder.
  • Shellzbutt wrote: »
    How about just nerfing traya then 95% of the player base wont be affected at all by anything

Because this team could be done without Traya at all? Qira can’t also give health steal up infinitely to a character.
  • NEW_GUILD
    2 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Why was paper zombie allowed in arena for months?
  • Can't just change her kit to do doable attack (original the way it was) in PVP and PVE. But against raid boss she does the new update atatck (double damage)? I mean they do that with thrawn fracture? And Traya Isolate.
  • Why not just make Traya's Isolate against raid bosses give attack up or crit chance up instead of health steal up? That way it would have absolutely no effect on Traya's kit outside of the raid, and Acolyte wouldn't have to change at all.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    TheBatman wrote: »
    Why not just make Traya's Isolate against raid bosses give attack up or crit chance up instead of health steal up? That way it would have absolutely no effect on Traya's kit outside of the raid, and Acolyte wouldn't have to change at all.
    The devs stated that they were able to create the infinite loop using Qi'Ra also.

The problem is NOT Darth Traya
  • TlMMEH
    60 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Ultra wrote: »
    The devs stated that they were able to create the infinite loop using Qi'Ra also.
    The problem is NOT Darth Traya

No, the problem is Bonds of Weakness. Fix that and you disable all the loops, including the StHan one that got nerfed way back at the beginning.

• NS_Lives_Matter
    14 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Don't change any Nightsisters. Here's 2 options I can come up with many more add me to your testing chat @CG____.

OPTION 1: Change the raid 50 stacks then they are lethal. Even 40 stacks would be fine. If you feel this can be exploited there is option 2.

OPTION 2: MAKE THE RAID IMMUNE TO HEALTH STEAL UP. Health steal up isn't needed to pass HSR so just make Sith Raid immune to health steal up. Just allow the natural health steal each character already has.

Both of these options are reasonable, address & fix the problem, and impact the player base MUCH LESS than anything proposed so far.

You (TopHat) have admitted health steal up is a problem and future toons released with this ability could break the raid. The issue isn't really acolyte, zombie, daka, they have existed for months in peace. The problem is HEALTH STEAL UP Devs even admitted HEALTH STEAL UP IS THE PROBLEM in this in previous update seen here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/177646/rollback-of-friday-s-bonds-of-weakness-change#latest

@CG_TopHat says
    Darth Traya is a part of that loop (with her Health Steal Up), but we’ve reproduced a similar team using Qi’ra – so really the problem is Asajj (and Nightsisters) with Health Steal Up mechanics.

Remove Asajj from the sentence and it is more direct and to the truth:
    Darth Traya is a part of that loop (with her Health Steal Up), but we’ve reproduced a similar team using Qi’ra – so really the problem is with Health Steal Up mechanics.

I don't understand why Nightsisters keep getting dragged into this conversation they are in the team but not the problem. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see health steal up is the problem. Without health steal up the loop isn't possible, no teams use Health steal up, yet many guilds pass HSR.

Honestly this whole thing is coming across as if someone is out to nerf one of the best strategies available for HSR, the timing is impeccable when players unlocking Traya and 7* Traya have been using Nightsiters and zombie teams pass the raid for Months. This is a mechanic that has been confirmed as WAI several times.

Confirming a kit as WAI is essentially green lighting players to fully invest in it. Now after Millions have done so your changing your mind saying paper zombie is not WAI?

Expecting players who have used it for months get to keep their proceeds (7*Traya, 5* Traya) and players farming it f2p now have to find a new route, sorry for 6 months or more of investing?

In what world would this not cause a severe reaction from your player base?

If I was EA I would look at this like:
    What can we do to make sure then next time we release a excellent new kit (and confirm it as WAI) MORE people invest in our new characters and kits because players have confidence kits will not be negatively changed after acquisition. By negatively changing Nightsisters your DECREASING the chance people invest in future characters. This is logic.

Please consider OPTION 1 or 2 even both, These impact you player base less, and you make more $ developing confidence with your base. It's a win-win!
  • I would imagine that you could make it so that bands of weakness only triggers once per character per turn. That would allow Nightsister Acolyte to attack twice and only gain 50% TM. Or make it so that Asajj’s zeta only triggers once per character per turn. To clarify, I don’t mean that Acolyte could benefit on her turn, and then not again until her next turn. But she could benefit on her turn, then on each ally turn, and on each enemy turn. She just wouldn’t be able to benefit from it twice during her own turn. That would probably be the best fix. Though, i’m guessing that any change to AV’s kit -even if it’s ONLY impact is to critolyte- would meet with extraordinary outrage from the community. Then again, you can’t do anything without angering a ton of people. I recall people throwing fits over the 20 free zetas that were given to everyone awhile back.
  • jodelmeister
    31 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Regarding the upcoming Zombie rework. I get it, that you want the players to gear up the toons, cause money is all that counts. But why won't you start with making the toons useful that nobody WANTS to gear up, since they are trash. I'm looking at toons like Lobot, GG, the Tuskens and many more. Make them useful and I promise you'll gain more money through that as with the Zombie rework. And you'll don't have to touch the Daka Zetas and leave us a fun and unique strategy in the game. Don't please the players who are unable to read and understand mechanics.
  • If you are worried that changing zombie might make us take Daka off the night sister team, then what about all the gear we put on Daka? If you're gonna reduce her effectiveness to the point of refunding our zetas, well I'd rather you refund the gear
  • Yeh this change makes NS a lot worse against teams with GMY(bastila lead) and JTR than they were. Who are NS useful against now as they were the main uses for them...
  • Yes, it decreases the value of Acolyte in PvP, but tbh...why use Acolyte in arena anyway? Talia is at least as good in PVP (if not better) and useful for STR P4 Teams. Any Stealth related Stuff for P2 Acolyte Teams remains nearly unchanged. This solution is way better than the one before.
    I'm only worried with the upcoming Zombie change...