Vets Useful After JTR?

I know JTR is one of the best characters in the game. When looking at farming for her Finn and BB8 are useful. Scavenger Rey is a good damage dealer. But I keep reading that the Vets are completely useless after you get JTR. Is that true?

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    No. They are very useful in TW and work in TB on a scoundrel team.

Clone Chewie, Vandor, Vet Han, Vet Chewie + Storm Han or L3 or Gamorrean Guard or even Zalbar is a very strong defensive team for TW.

The vets as a pair have 2 stuns, AOE ability block and AOE speed down, a buff wipe, and do good damage. They have a lot of control abilities.

After the last 3 months, Scoundrels are a very good faction and you can easily build 2 strong teams out of them.

Also, even after you get JTR, zFinn is still good. If you get Holdo and Rose you can build 2 good resistance teams. ZFinn Poe RT, RP and a 4* g7 Rose went 6/6 in TB when I tested it yesterday.
  • Options
    Ok. That makes me feel better about giving up 3 months to farm them!

Also I always like to double check because I've read that CLS is a garbage toon and this forum lol
  • Options
    My vets haven't been used anywhere since unlocking JTR. They're ok characters, but others that are more worth the gear.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Dxtrinc wrote: »
    Ok. That makes me feel better about giving up 3 months to farm them!

Also I always like to double check because I've read that CLS is a garbage toon and this forum lol

Yeah as he said above they are not world-beating characters, but they are not terrible. Depending on how deep your roster is, they are useful in TW. Starting out focus on arena team, etc.
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    I like them in TW a lot. They are on my to-do list to gear up so they can eventually go against more competitive squads there.
  • Options
    I dont think Ive ever touched the vets, nor intending to do anything qith them in the future. Theyre only for getting jtr, and yes, its a long farm, but if you want to compete in hstr, you dont have any other options really.
  • Options
    Dxtrinc wrote: »
    CLS is a garbage toon.

He's the second best character after thrawn IMO. Who even said that? lol

Yeah, they are borderline useless. Chewie is pretty strong, but there are 10 characters that can do what he does, but better.

Haven't touched those two since unlocking JTR. I'd rank them a tad below ewoks in terms of usefulness. ;D
  • Options

Gear is much too expensive for the limited usability of the vets, it's better used on characters like meta-toons, raid-teams or pilots for example...
  • Options
    There were two huge problems they had. 1) They didn’t have a good leader. 2) They were too easy to control (ex: Chewy hits like a truck after the enemy takes several turns, but usually he is debuffed by then.

There are some answers for those now. 1) Qira is a tremendous scoundrel lead. They will stack even more offense and will be extremely durable with the protection gain. 2) L3 is an awesome tank that dispels debuffs from scoundrels when hit.

The newest solo characters also have other indirect synergies that give us a squad to build around the vets now. They got a HUGE boost with the latest characters.
  • Options
    They are not useless and both hit like trucks. I have them both zeta’d and G12. Although I don’t think Hans zeta works properly. Need another team in TB other than Rebels and Resistance? These guys will get you through.
  • Options
    I disagree about adding holdo and rose to finn poe and pilot. Add 5s and nest. Watch the crying begin.