If you think Raid is boring and unrewarding

Edward
651 posts Member
Just register 0 damage as I have been doing, I got useful gear more often at lower rankings even the quantity is fewer, but I still consider the rewards are better than getting 40 Mk 4 Carbanti or challenge gear that I have thousands.

As for tokens, there is really not much difference. Credits and ship building materials, yes, there will be significant differences, but I can cover the loess.

Don’t waste time on something you don’t like.

Replies

• Let's all do zero damage!!!
  • well, just playing on auto also "solves" this, i guess?
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Blue_10 wrote: »
    Let's all do zero damage!!!

If other people want to spend an hour or longer to get one more Traya shard, let them. I am happy for 5 Traya shards without spending any time or efforts, especially the agony from bad RNG and restarts which can be very time consuming.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    well, just playing on auto also "solves" this, i guess?

You have to open the game, enter into battle which is a temptation for spending more time playing unrewarding contents like the raids. Plus, there is time zones, I am perfectly happy for not waking up at 4am to do raids and sleeping all the way to 7 or 8.

A lot of guilds are international and to find a proper local guild can be very difficult.
  • I've got to be totally honest. I've just finished 4 Sith raids back to back. For the sake of my guild. I hate doing it. I've just sent the guild a message saying I'm not doing it anymore, feel free to boot me if it has to be. I'm not wasting my time doing something I don't like. Life's too short.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Happy you found what works for you and even more happy you are not in our guild. We don’t tolerate zero contribution unless you have a reason,kids,work, things like that.
  • I didn't bother telling my guild anything. Having half of our people posting zeros tells them all they need to know.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I've got to be totally honest. I've just finished 4 Sith raids back to back. For the sake of my guild. I hate doing it. I've just sent the guild a message saying I'm not doing it anymore, feel free to boot me if it has to be. I'm not wasting my time doing something I don't like. Life's too short.

You know it's rough sailing when even the mods are hating on the raid. ;):D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Just nearly finishing another T3 raid soon. Can't wait to see what I get after this 7 day long slog. Hope it's something really cool.

It won't be anything cool or even useful, but I find medication of the illicit variety helps take the burn.

Nobody likes your raid that you appear to have some level of pride invested in CG.

You know, I once spent 2 years pursuing a project that never panned out. At some point you just have to admit you can't make it happen and write it off as an experience.

I've no idea why you just can't admit it's just not a very good raid and it's eating away at both guilds and players patience but it is. Probably too late to kill it with fire but not too late to make adjustments so people don't march on your offices with tar and pitch (traditional) or just cut off your pocket money.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I've got to be totally honest. I've just finished 4 Sith raids back to back. For the sake of my guild. I hate doing it. I've just sent the guild a message saying I'm not doing it anymore, feel free to boot me if it has to be. I'm not wasting my time doing something I don't like. Life's too short.

You know it's rough sailing when even the mods are hating on the raid. ;):D

I've always been open and upfront about thoughts and feelings. My game-playing and the little bit of moderating I do are totally separate.

I enjoy the game a lot, and get a lot out of it. I really don't enjoy the Sith Raid, nor find it worth them energy. So I won't be doing it anymore...and presumably will be looking for a new guild. Oh well.
  • I've got to be totally honest. I've just finished 4 Sith raids back to back. For the sake of my guild. I hate doing it. I've just sent the guild a message saying I'm not doing it anymore, feel free to boot me if it has to be. I'm not wasting my time doing something I don't like. Life's too short.

I have experienced the exactly same behavior in my guild, several people are deciding not to make a single attack on the TS, part because of the boredom and anger it generates, but also because they don't find it fair to make a very little damage and "benefit" from those who still make some decent damage
  • For those tired but need a home, I have a relaxed guild. Just make tickets, only requirement. "SkywalkerOG1" Currently around 25 active members. Anyone may join up. Don't mean to hijack thread :)

lyd9t9c2aot5.png
    e9ickjwctd6s.png
  • Edward wrote: »

If other people want to spend an hour or longer to get one more Traya shard, let them. I am happy for 5 Traya shards without spending any time or efforts, especially the agony from bad RNG and restarts which can be very time consuming.

The point I'm making is that it is a slog and everyone would like to zero damage it.

The problem is particularly if you are doing a heroic everyone needs to contribute. Otherwise there will be conflict between those who put the work in and those who don't.

If your not doing a heroic then it's easier to get away with. However not making a contribution will still be looked down upon by the leadership.

If everyone does 0 damage then the raid does not done
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member

In heroic!!!
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Edward wrote: »

The point I'm making is that it is a slog and everyone would like to zero damage it.

The problem is particularly if you are doing a heroic everyone needs to contribute. Otherwise there will be conflict between those who put the work in and those who don't.

If your not doing a heroic then it's easier to get away with. However not making a contribution will still be looked down upon by the leadership.

If everyone does 0 damage then the raid does not done

For a guild with 160m+ gp, it probably only needs 10-15 players with viable teams to finish a HSTR so we have long passed the stage that requires everyone to participate to finish a raid. Anyway, it’s very common to have 20 or more players with 0 damage in my guild.
    Post edited by Edward on
  • I am in a 142m gp guild and we have 10 people post 0s and 5 more post less than 500k
  • Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    To me the amount of stress related to the raid is the main issue, everything relies on RNG.

The secondary issue is the rewards are absolutely awful for anyone outside the top ten.