Is there a benefit from upgrading green, blue, purple and gold mods before the update

Like to know if there’s any benefit or what the rationale for this statement about upgrading colored mods before the patch.
Suggestions for the next few weeks
“Level up your Green, Blue or Purple mods if you want to take advantage of how revealed substats are currently leveled into prior to the upcoming change. Hold off on selling lower level mods until slicing is available.”

Is it telling us it’s a good idea to level up colored mods before patch? Doesn’t make sense why any different waiting. Leave some greeens, blues etc at Lv1 as they are wouldn’t affect them would it post patch?

Replies

• Athusk
    348 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    It’s indifferent

The only benefit is that non-gold mods might get their secondary stats increased to gold tier status from slicing.

Edit: They probably meant that so you can see the secondary stats they have so you can consider slicing them to get slightly better stats on them.
  • GreenGoblin96
    1321 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Ir IS better. If I understood correctly, after the update, a mod will show all of its stats before upgrading one or more of them.

For example, you get a blue mod with speed and protection. As things are now, you are certain at least one of those stats will get an increase. After the update, a blue mod will get a new stat at level 3 and at level 6, meaning that the increase to existing stats will happen after all secondaries are revealed.

Simpler example. A green mod with a speed secondary meant that speed would go up one time, 100% certain. With new mods, that's not a guarantee. That's why they ask you to "precraft" mods
  • maraJade789
    284 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Well here’s the news that I’ve heard.
    Good idea to level up the good ones then as it’s something new in place now to guarantee that the stats available to upgrade. Wasn’t aware of that.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Well here’**** the news that I’ve heard.
    Good idea to level up the good ones then as it’s something new in place now to guarantee that the stats available to upgrade. Wasn’t aware of that.

Yeah basically this. As we no speed rules...
    Green mod Right now With speed secondary is guaranteed a bump. After the update it will not be guaranteed since it will show the other 3 stats first then bump one of the 4.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

I don't agree with the sell all Grey mods, because a Grey mod sliced 4 times could be a gem. I am only.selling Grey mods if I need the room.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »

I don't agree with the sell all Grey mods, because a Grey mod sliced 4 times could be a gem. I am only.selling Grey mods if I need the room.

This.

And upgrading all gold now is a waste, unless you are going to use it. All gold mods will upgrade the same now and in the new system
  • So only GREENS are guaranteed to roll the stat?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    So only GREENS are guaranteed to roll the stat?

Currently yes. Blues it can roll either of the 2, purple any of the 3, gold any of the 4.
    Right now you have better chance of rolling the speed stat (or which ever you want to roll) on a purple or blue than after the update which is why it is a good idea to level green to 3, blue to 6 and purple to 9 right now if they are showing speed (or which ever stat you want to roll).
    If they are not currently showing speed (or which ever stat you want to roll) it is better to wait because after the update unseen stats have better chance to roll since stats will be shown 1st then boosted.
  • I think we should just sell all our mods right now to get some money
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I think we should just sell all our mods right now to get some money

Lol. Do it!
  • GOWLIKEABOSS
    157 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I've been getting some massive stats from blue and purples too. 5% crit chance is common.

Here's what to do: level ALL your greens, blues, and purples that display a secondary stat that you like. Don't level grays or golds until the update drops.
    Post edited by GOWLIKEABOSS on
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I've been getting some massive stats from blue and purples too. 5% crit chance is common.

Here's what to do: level ALL your greens, blues, and purples that display a secondary stat that you like. Don't level grays or holds until the update drops.

Bingo... Sadly I sold a bunch of purples that did not show a good secondary stat because I ran out of room. Right now I am kicking myself
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I personally recommend 2 steps to leveling your blue and purple mods.

Greens I would just level to 5 followed immediately by 12.

Blue I'd level to 8 and then immediately level to 12 if the speed increased.
    Purple I'd level to 11 and immediately to 12 if the speed increased.

If the speed didn't increase on the blue or purple I would just leave them at 8 and 11.

The reasoning is that there may potentially be rollbacks on not entirely leveled mods so the ones that get the speed increase should be leveled to the breakpoint where there are no more secondary stat changes, while the ones that don't should be left for what is potentially another crack at raising that speed up. They say it shouldn't affect existing investments in mods, but things don't always work the way that we were lead to believe whether because of bugs or poor interpretation. Better to just play the odds.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »

If the speed didn't increase on the blue or purple I would just leave them at 8 and 11.

That can add up on the credits. Stopping at 3,6,9 can save credits for now to take advantage on other mods.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited August 2018

That can add up on the credits. Stopping at 3,6,9 can save credits for now to take advantage on other mods.

We don't know if there will be rollbacks to secondary upgrades on partially leveled mods under the new system or not. How could they reconcile a blue mod at level 6 without secondaries revealed under the new system where secondaries get revealed first?

Better to fully level the good upgrades and make sure they stick around, but not the bad ones in hopes they might change.... definitely fully level the good ones either way.

As for 3,6,9: I read somewhere that your secondary stats get bigger increases if you go to the brink of the next upgrade rather than the tip of the one you are on. It may be confirmation bias, it may not be, but I have seen better results leveling to 5. 8, and 11 than 3,6, and 9.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

We don't know if there will be rollbacks to secondary upgrades on partially leveled mods under the new system or not. How could they reconcile a blue mod at level 6 without secondaries revealed under the new system where secondaries get revealed first?

Better to fully level the good upgrades and make sure they stick around, but not the bad ones in hopes they might change.... definitely fully level the good ones either way.

As for 3,6,9: I read somewhere that your secondary stats get bigger increases if you go to the brink of the next upgrade rather than the tip of the one you are on. It may be confirmation bias, it may not be, but I have seen better results leveling to 5. 8, and 11 than 3,6, and 9.

Your right there could be. This time around though I am giving the benefit of the doubt as this looks like very well communicated announcement with good an bad in it.
  • Anybody getting +6 rolls today? I've gotten 6 so far. Have only leveled maybe 7 or 8 mods that had speed secondaries today so far.