Unbalanced shards

Zhiraf_Krasnyi
4 posts Member
edited August 2018
Post edited by Zhiraf_Krasnyi on

Replies

• No. This game is based on a marathon not sprint viewpoint and "rewards" players for their time and/Or money. If you want a shard shuffle start a new account.
    Ps. The system they have in place is the fairest way to do it.
  • The issue is i don't see why players should be punished for not playing almost everyday since they got the game. I've put money and time into the game so why should i need to start a new account? I like the system but feel it has flaws that can be avoided.
  • The issue is i don't see why players should be punished for not playing almost everyday since they got the game. I've put money and time into the game so why should i need to start a new account? I like the system but feel it has flaws that can be avoided.

You can recover your arena rank after a break but it is going to take a few months. Just focus on your arena team and it will improve and your rank will improve. You may also need to look at the rankings and tweak your team depending on what is being runn in your shard. I suggest ep, vader, thrawn, sion, and nihilas as a good team to build. If geared nihilas and sion work at low stars while you farm them and once you have them above 100k as a team they are still competitive at the top. Either that or focus on a bastilla lead jedi team. What will work best depends on what characters you have.
  • Palp lead does will against everything but traya and bastilla lead. Bastilla lead does well against palp lead but sucks against ns and traya lead. Both can do ok in a traya environment if maxed out and modded. Traya is ideal but probably a ways out for you. Palp lead would make the traya switch more seemless since you just sub out vader for traya. Ns is another ootion since they are good in the str but not quite as good in arena. A secondary focus is to get jtr for the hstr and build up her team so you can have a hstr guild accept you. This will probably take several months though. But you should be able to gear an arena team tgat can get in the top 100 in a couple of months. And that isn't that long to catch up.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The issue is i don't see why players should be punished for not playing almost everyday since they got the game. I've put money and time into the game so why should i need to start a new account? I like the system but feel it has flaws that can be avoided.

Your not being punished. Everyone ahead of you has built up better rosters and teams through commitment and "hard work".

The problem with "blending" people into a newer shard, is figuring out the best shard to put them in, and where do you out them at 20,000? That alone will take you a few weeks to get up to the top. If the placement is not perfect it could end up being a detriment or an exploit. It's too much of a can of worms for them to try and implement
  • To be fair it's pretty much like every video game. Take battlefield 1 for instance they released new DLC it came with new weapons which need "X amount of kills with Y weapon" if you take a few months off, you'll be rusty and not have the newest weapons.. to which you'll have to build back up for, against players who have been playing the same time as you.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    The issue is i don't see why players should be punished for not playing almost everyday since they got the game.

Nobody is punished. Nobody has characters or gear taken away from them. When you returned to the game you had the exact same roster as when you left all those months back. However, those who kept playing were rewarded with improved rosters.

• Waqui wrote: »
    The issue is i don't see why players should be punished for not playing almost everyday since they got the game.

Nobody is punished. Nobody has characters or gear taken away from them. When you returned to the game you had the exact same roster as when you left all those months back. However, those who kept playing were rewarded with improved rosters.

This. It sucks, but other people were progressing while you chose not to. I agree that the current situation is not ideal. However, it is not really accurate to say that you were punished. If I don't log in for a day because I'm too busy, am I punished by missing the login energy and daily rewards that other people got?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Shards mature. Once you start fully gearing and zeta'ing decent teams, you can hold in a shard even if you've had a gap.
    Still not a he.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    I took 11 months away from the game. I've been back more than a year now and managed to crack top 30 in arena just recently. So while it did take me a long time to get competitive again, it IS possible.
  • You snooze you lose.
  • I've been back 2 or 3 months now and this is my arena.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Why should you be rewarded for not playing the game by moving to a new shard? No one is getting punished here, it’s just the other players in your shard getting rewarded for actually supporting/playing the game. If you really think you can never catch up, just create a new account, takes but a few minutes.

It may seem discouraging right now but if you focus and gear that team where it is a 90k team instead of a 60k team, you can get to the top 200 pretty easily. It does take time but it is doable. The people above you in arena also spent that time. So far you haven't.
  • If you haven't already find a guild that is doing haat, hpit, tb, and, tw. That will really give you more gear a lot quicker. Hstr would be nice but likely not going to happen with your roster. Second participate in the raids and score as high as possible for better gear.
  • We actually just had a new entry into the shard chat that's highly engaged, highly effective, and about 1M GP below the average in the top 10 (and about 500k behind us FTPers). He had some personal stuff he had to take care of but stuck with it and is now kicking butt and making friends. Great story.

The beauty of arena is that it only takes five toons.
  • Palp lead does will against everything but traya and bastilla lead. Bastilla lead does well against palp lead but sucks against ns and traya lead. Both can do ok in a traya environment if maxed out and modded. Traya is ideal but probably a ways out for you. Palp lead would make the traya switch more seemless since you just sub out vader for traya. Ns is another ootion since they are good in the str but not quite as good in arena. A secondary focus is to get jtr for the hstr and build up her team so you can have a hstr guild accept you. This will probably take several months though. But you should be able to gear an arena team tgat can get in the top 100 in a couple of months. And that isn't that long to catch up.

Ummmm.... Palp lead beats Traya lead

Gear everyone up, take out Tarkin and that trooper, and add Nihulus + Sion, and gear everyone up. You'll be back in the game in no time.

Ummmm.... Palp lead beats Traya lead

I meant palp lead without traya in the team. I can beat both bastilla lead and traya lead teams with my palp non traya team. But victory depends on mods and rng. Most other teams it is an easy victory.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    The issue is i don't see why players should be punished for not playing almost everyday since they got the game. I've put money and time into the game so why should i need to start a new account? I like the system but feel it has flaws that can be avoided.

Your not being punished. Everyone ahead of you has built up better rosters and teams through commitment and "hard work".

The problem with "blending" people into a newer shard, is figuring out the best shard to put them in, and where do you out them at 20,000? That alone will take you a few weeks to get up to the top. If the placement is not perfect it could end up being a detriment or an exploit. It's too much of a can of worms for them to try and implement

Commitment ,Hard work huh. You mean mommy and daddy’s black Amex card? Yeah