when to Switch to Bastila

Looking for advice on if I should switch to Bastila now or upgrade her team more first?

https://swgoh.gg/u/presaria/collection/

I run CLS (L ZIBAT) + ZZR2 + JTR + Thrawn + Z RHan now. It does ok, but I can't really crack top 100 unless better mods start dropping for me.

Bastila, Ezra, GMY, OB, and CLS is what I want to run. The jedi are in the G10 range atm. Have zetas to use on Bastila lead and either Ezra or GMY. Assuming I want to keep OB at lower gear so he dies.

Replies

• Don’t keep Old Ben at low gear. Get him to G12+ like everybody else, and put a Zeta on his Taunt. He’s your tank, so you need him to tank, and if your gear him up, he’s one of the best in the game. The buffs he gives out when (if) he eventually dies are nice, but not something you should be aiming for.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    You'll get plenty of buffs with GMY already, you really don't need Obiwan to die for that. You should plan on using his ability block and recurrent taunt (you'll need a zeta for that) instead, those are much more interesting IMO.
  • Caljr
    162 posts Member
    Bastila is uselles after Last update, receive a lot of debuffs. Her Zeta was top before the update, now receive a lot of debuffs
  • I'm still seeing some Bastila teams winning in the arena. Was the nerf that bad?
  • There was no nerf... don't know what that guy is talking about. The zeta still reads with +150% tenacity and 35% more dmg.

Debuffs can still land if the enemy has really high potency.
  • Caljr wrote: »
    Bastila is uselles after Last update, receive a lot of debuffs. Her Zeta was top before the update, now receive a lot of debuffs

Sorry bud but you are seeing a bit of bad luck but there is no issues with bastilla zeta, she works flawlessly for me. Remeber, there is a small chance for debuff to land, it can happen.
  • There was no nerf... don't know what that guy is talking about. The zeta still reads with +150% tenacity and 35% more dmg.

Debuffs can still land if the enemy has really high potency.

This right here.
  • Not sure about your shard, but for most to be competitive you’re gonna need to zeta (in my opinion this order) bastila, GMY, Ezra, Old Ben. Also, any toon that is not G12 is like blood in the water. Echoing what was said, you want old ben as gear up as possible and at least over 200 speed to use mind trick and taunt.

And yeah.. there’s been no bastila nerf.. she works great.

Best of luck.
  • I run raid han on my nightmare team, and I can take out bastilla teams easily.
  • I made the switch to the same team. Bastila, Ezra , OB, GMY, CLS. Pretty happy so far, but I am getting targeted a lot because CLS is the only G12. other drawback is that the fights are long....
  • I would consider using Nest instead of CLS and go with ****(L), GMY, Ezra, OB and Nest. Your Nest needs work before that can happen though.

At your range of Arena though, I have no clue what squads you face. Looking at your roster, it seems that a CLS, R2, Han, Leia and Thrawn would do nicely for you. You can swap Thrawn for OB if you feel you need the tank.
  • LOL!!! It censors the abbreviation for Bastila Shan...
  • Presaria wrote: »
    I made the switch to the same team. Bastila, Ezra , OB, GMY, CLS. Pretty happy so far, but I am getting targeted a lot because CLS is the only G12. other drawback is that the fights are long....
    You should really gear up a 5th Jedi. The whole point of Bastila leader is the almost impenetrable tenacity. CLS does not benefit from that and will bring the team down.
  • Capable of top-tier arena if you have Hermit Yoda up. Needs a little more offense (maybe Anakin needs a zeta?) to get through Sith Trooper reliably against a Traya comp.
  • Besides Hoda and anakin, are there other Jedi options?

I’ve seen people using nest, but also defeats the Jedi purpose
  • EdSolo
    411 posts Member
    I keep contemplating this team. I have Bastila at 3* and G11, GK at g12, GM Yoda at G11, and Hoda and Ezra both at G10. I need five more zeta pieces to put a zeta on Bastila's lead, but don't have any other zetas for the team yet. I would think it is probably workable after the first zeta, but could really use other zetas on both Yodas and Ezra.

I am still using old school Titans at the moment. I have been stuck in the 100 to 50 range the past couple of weeks so I was figuring it may be time for a change. At this point, I see mostly Nightmare, JTR and NS teams. How does the Bastila team fair against those squads?
  • EdSolo wrote: »
    I keep contemplating this team. I have Bastila at 3* and G11, GK at g12, GM Yoda at G11, and Hoda and Ezra both at G10. I need five more zeta pieces to put a zeta on Bastila's lead, but don't have any other zetas for the team yet. I would think it is probably workable after the first zeta, but could really use other zetas on both Yodas and Ezra.

I am still using old school Titans at the moment. I have been stuck in the 100 to 50 range the past couple of weeks so I was figuring it may be time for a change. At this point, I see mostly Nightmare, JTR and NS teams. How does the Bastila team fair against those squads?
    Jedi get an easy win against nightmare, pretty easy win against JTR, and have a difficult time against NS.