Exciting variety

Jonnyc2114
7 posts Member
edited August 2018
ctsrluvcrw4x.jpg
I loooong for the day where more then 3 ships we're useful. RNG wasn't life or death, and time spent farming didnt not eventually lead to time wasted

Replies

• My shard is currently mostly Ghost, Phantom, Biggs. Most like a Vader in the back (perhaps a Consular if they haven't got him), along with a Boba.

Not many seem to have managed the 5* challenges aside from myself and the top end.

Doubt the last two ships released have inspired any variety either. I didn't have long with ships 1.0 before 0.5 dropped so I don't know how things used to be.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Fleets now is yourself hoping and praying RNG will deliver a target lock, its guaranteed for the AI, but not so much for yourself.

On top of that in my experience even with g12 pilots, on average i get one turn to the ai's 3, maybe 4
  • Jonnyc2114 wrote: »
    Fleets now is yourself hoping and praying RNG will deliver a target lock, its guaranteed for the AI, but not so much for yourself.

On top of that in my experience even with g12 pilots, on average i get one turn to the ai's 3, maybe 4

Are you playing against tarkin teams? Because his unique feeds tm to allies when anyone dies.
    Also, if you’re fed up with relying on rng, don’t. The reason that team is meta is because when you use it you don’t have to rely on rng but when the ai does it will.
  • I’m confused. This is an outdated meta...
  • Jonnyc2114 wrote: »
    Fleets now is yourself hoping and praying RNG will deliver a target lock, its guaranteed for the AI, but not so much for yourself.

Are you playing against tarkin teams? Because his unique feeds tm to allies when anyone dies.
    Also, if you’re fed up with relying on rng, don’t. The reason that team is meta is because when you use it you don’t have to rely on rng but when the ai does it will.

As you can see in the pic, most thrawn, and it doesnt matter who is the cap ship same story each time, ai takes out or severely damages one of my ships in their first salvo every time, and ive seen many others including in my guild suggest the same thing
  • Caljr
    162 posts Member
    imgshhbxekcbdhe.pngbrl7eq0j4a8b.png
    In top arenas Tarkin with Genosians rule, players over 4M like him or me
  • It varies form shard to shard. If the few top players start to use Tarkin with geo's others will mimic it.

Theoretically there are 3-4 Teams that can be on top. But mostly shard seem to go for mimic teams somehow.

All in all Ships lacks of sheer numbers of Starfighters. The char arenas would look even worse if we only had 30 Chars.

So we need more ships in total and we need a REAL COMPLETE REWORK of ship battles. Not just reducing the starting ship count to 3 and buffing up some geo's that no one really had.

We need Capital ships that can be attacked to achieve some effects on the enemy fleet.

Attack the Bridge to block the enemies capital ship abilities.

Attack the Hangar to prevent the enemy to call reinforcements.

Attack the weapons to prevent the enemy to attack with his capital ship.

Attack the engines/ power plant to slow down the enemy capital ship.

Destroying all 4 parts grants you a victory. (Or killing all enemy fighters)

And therefor we could need some Bombers like Y-Wings or Heavy Assault fighters like B-Wings. With this and a starting line of 5 again one could plan more strategic teams. You had to decide to built an anti fighter Team. Or do you simply rush the capital ship and so on.

THAT would make fun to me. And then we could get some Fleet Raids. Possible Raids: Attacking Super Star Destroyers, Lucrehulk-class battleships, the Death Star and so on. Many potential still is there to be explored.