Don't understand

I am not understanding the point of guilds thus far. Is this in hopes that one day guilds will be introduced if so what about servers? How do you get around not having server names? Or is it just a collection of players to chat about the game outside of it? I am a guild fan but as stated before I don't understand the premise.

Replies

• I totally do not get it either ...
  • Nickis852
    27 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I think it's for sharing allies not quite sure yet Lol. Lemme know when you fellas find out.
  • Could anyone creating a guild help me out with this.
  • The guilds feature will not just be a socially interactivity center, it'll also represent GvG we believe (according to the devs). And no, you don't have to be on the sane server. This is not a MMO.
    Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.
  • @Ascansio so it will be able to cross servers, I have never played a game that could do that. The point of servers it so handle so many different players and all of them act independently. A server can only handle so much information if they worked together then what's the point of having different servers?
  • Ascansio
    270 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    @Dekayingsoul In my opinion, dividing players into multi-servers was done on the purpose of allowing different people to compete each other and get awarded. If all of us were in the same server, there would be huge chaos for the reward timings, so many people locking each other. Can you imagine that? I think that explains the point of creating multiple servers.

And we're talking about a mobile game here. I repeat, this is not an MMO, there's no sandbox open world for you to explore and do quests and stuff like that. The mechanics in this game are pretty simple. So cross server interaction won't be a big issue if they can manage to do that. I'm not %100 sure of what they'll deliver though, these are just backed assumptions. Maybe the devs will just fail us on our expectations.

But; if the community manager (Jesse) is creating a whole new forum section to let us form guilds, what's the point of questioning his purpose, any particular reason?
    Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.
  • @Ascansio I am not questioning that they will implement guilds into the game, they absolutely will at some point. My curiosity is how having this section on the board is going to work. I do understand this is not an MMO and that it is more simplistic so they would not need as much server space. But in order to implement guilds they have to add a lot to the game, universal live chat which calls for a translator if they merge everyone onto one server. That in itself takes a lot of space, and while this does not mean that they would require 50 different servers they would have to have multiple independent servers just for that feature. I have played many game apps like this one and they all have different servers and they do not/can not cross servers.
    Personally, I love guilds and what they bring to games but I can not see how signing up for a guild on the board will translate. Seems like they are dangling a carrot in front of us without the hope of us ever grabbing it. While there maybe a pile of carrots at the finish line, this particular one is out of our reach. I was hoping (as this was the first time I went into this section) that something was said previously that I did not see that was a little more concrete.
  • @Dekayingsoul I see your concerns about cross-server interactions. But doesn't the ability of forming allies through different servers tells us something?
  • What's a guild?
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Ascansio wrote: »
    @Dekayingsoul I see your concerns about cross-server interactions. But doesn't the ability of forming allies through different servers tells us something?

Are they? How can one tell if they are or not. Not saying that you are wrong, but right now we are playing the game at its most simplistic, when more is added will it still be that way? I hope that it is, but again I was hoping that there was some more information about it somewhere I have yet to see.
  • There are certian gear pieces that can only be earned from raid in a guild. You can usualy find them in the shops everycouple days but u need crystals to purchase or guild currency or shard shop cash