How does the purple bonus protection work?

I understand the green protection absorbs damage at 1:1 ratio. Does the purple protection do it at a higher ratio? What are the differences between the two kinds of protections? Is physical or special damage more effective on purple protection?

Thanks

Replies

• It’s just a different colour to indicate that it’s protection up, versus regular protection. It takes damage at the same rates from any attacks as regular protection does,
  • There is not much of a difference between normal and purple protection. In order to defeat an enemy, you need to reduce their health to zero. Before you can remove their health you need to remove their normal protection. Protection up (the purple protection) is just extra protection that you have to remove. It doesn’t take damage at a different ratio. An alternative to dealing damage to protection up is dispelling it since it is a buff and certain abilities can remove buffs. Physical and special damage do not have any special interactions with protection, health, or protection up.
  • The difference is that it is protection from a buff which means it expires and can be dispelled unlike normal protection.
  • Thanks! I never realized that it could be dispelled before. The reason I thought it worked at a different ratio is that sometimes it seems to take a lot of damage to go down a little. But now that you guys made me realize that it's a buff...
  • It can’t always be dispelled. In particular I refer to Bastila lead, which grants non dispellable prot up.
  • It can’t always be dispelled. In particular I refer to Bastila lead, which grants non dispellable prot up.

Right... the little lock thingy...

Right... the little lock thingy...

Might think it goes down at a slower rate because in most cases, like Bastilla, it's 150% of a characters health, so like GK could have 120k extra protection.