Energy from Mod Battles and Cantina Tokens

maraJade789
289 posts Member
edited August 2018
Aren’t going to be availabe anymore.

Cantina Tokens will be removed as rewards for Mod Battles and Mod Challenges although players will be able to get the same amount of Cantina Tokens “

This is VERY upsetting, as like many experienced players, don’t need farms from characters from Canitna Battles.

The Cantina Tokens were valuable for purchasing extra shards to use for shard shop.

Believe it to be a major oversight and a VERY undesirable change.

Replies

• Jml727
    115 posts Member
    They are getting their own energy...I’d take not spending cantina energy on mods over losing getting cantina tokens from mod battles...
  • In that case,you can stop using cantina energy to farm mods and farm chars instead.Which is more shard shop currency, so I dont see what you are trying to say.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Agree with the above, we dont lose anything. You still have the same amount of energy to earn currency, it's just now not attached to mods. Some of the balance lost due to "not refreshing" is made up from farming a toon you already have, if you have all cantina toons.
  • If you want shard shop currency, why don’t you just farm cantina characters? That way you get both their shards and cantina currency which will give you even more shard shop currency.
  • maraJade789
    289 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    It’s obvious Cantina Energy for mods was giving Cantina Tokens to purchse extra shards to convert in shard shop. That’s gone. Don’t need to farm characters which I already have from battles as I stated already. Maybe it’s great for you. Idk. But that is not relevant to my concern.
  • Question is will there be tokens of some kind which we can still accumulate from Mod Battles. Then it would be okay converting them if there were a shop there.
  • The mod energy is a good thing
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It’s obvious Cantina Energy for mods was giving Cantina Tokens to purchse extra shards to convert in shard shop. That’s gone. Don’t need to farm characters which I already have from battles as I stated already. Maybe it’s great for you. Idk. But that is not relevant to my concern.

It's not great, but there is not real great loss. The energy that earns you tokens is still there and is free, so you can still spend it and earn tokens. As you said you dont need toons but I'm pretty sure you wont just let this energy sit there so you can farm a toon that you already have and make more shard shop currency that way too.
  • Ah @Kyno @DaPowerfulJedi you’re saying just sim farm the charactersa for extra shards. Like the 10 energy KRU and ship node? That’s better!!!
  • There are a bunch of toons that will be available to farm soon- so I’m sure a few will end up on a cantina node. As someone who has most farmed to 7* i still need two more toons from there. (Spirit and marauder) with many more coming.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ah Kyno DaPowerfulJedi you’re saying just sim farm the charactersa for extra shards. Like the 10 energy KRU and ship node? That’s better!!!

Yes. It will be a net loss most likely due to the fact that you will not refresh this energy as much, but not a complete loss from the current income.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ah Kyno DaPowerfulJedi you’re saying just sim farm the charactersa for extra shards. Like the 10 energy KRU and ship node? That’s better!!!

Yes. It will be a net loss most likely due to the fact that you will not refresh this energy as much, but not a complete loss from the current income.

This exactly. The free cantina energy you get will yield 2 to 3 times as much shard shop currency by farming a node with a toon+ship on it. Then you can spend the crystals to refresh mod battles.
  • Okay lol
  • Doxige
    98 posts Member
    There's not lose at all.. all the cantina energy will be generaring tokens from cantina Battle, in the same... The problem it's (and maybe Is this what are you pointing) that you dont need cantina shards, so you use refreshs to farm mods and get cantina tokens... Now, if you want to refresh, you must choose betwenn farm mods and lose the tokens, or win tokens in cantina battles AND farming less mods.
  • Even I can't find an L in the upcoming setup. No more "mod days", I can just hammer away at cantina as much as I please.

They will not find me blowing crystals on mod energy though if that is what I suspect they're up to, much like fleet battles. Another sneaky way of bleeding the whales. Or they're trying to get you to buy the mod packs.

A cynical mind understands a cynical game.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • It’s a pretty valid point. Some people don’t need to farm cantina characters. While I like the idea of mod energy- it can also render cantina energy to be a lot less valuable. Saying you can go to the shard shop more often is a joke (unless they actually put characters in there). While the shard shop is a good source of gear- it takes ALOT to get it.

I think an easy fix to this dilemma is to just add gear into cantina battles. Giving cantina energy a value to something other than useless characters to some- or a Bratislava like exchange rate for shard shop