Grievous

Grievous is he with getting or not? I am not referring to how much he costs(as far as shards) to obtain, but is he a good/great character? I currently have nothing that I want to spend my arena and GW shards on and was curious if I should attempt him or not.

I figure I could turn in at least 30 shards a day, should give me 450 points per day. With what I currently have I figure I could have him unlocked in a month and maxed in about 4. I do not have an issue doing this for a great character but is he??

Replies

• Grievous is he with getting or not? I am not referring to how much he costs(as far as shards) to obtain, but is he a good/great character? I currently have nothing that I want to spend my arena and GW shards on and was curious if I should attempt him or not.

I figure I could turn in at least 30 shards a day, should give me 450 points per day. With what I currently have I figure I could have him unlocked in a month and maxed in about 4. I do not have an issue doing this for a great character but is he??

If you have droids to put around him
  • I have him, he's hard to get to G8, he is a lot like Yoda.. REALLY fun to use, but the AI does not use him well.

He is great to watch though, they did a good job on the animation and that laugh.. :D
  • Dekayingsoul
    632 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    BentWookie wrote: »
    I have him, he's hard to get to G8, he is a lot like Yoda.. REALLY fun to use, but the AI does not use him well.

He is great to watch though, they did a good job on the animation and that laugh.. :D

I love Yoda and the AI is not really my concern. I know that one day they will fix the AI or at least give us options so we can focus our team better. Don't want to not get food characters because of the AI ya know.

Hard to gear, hard like Rey? Can not imagine it being any worse than her.

Do you have with droid team or another?
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    I have him, he's hard to get to G8, he is a lot like Yoda.. REALLY fun to use, but the AI does not use him well.

I love Yoda and the AI is not really my concern. I know that one day they will fix the AI or at least give us options so we can focus our team better. Don't want to not get food characters because of the AI ya know.

Hard to gear, hard like Rey? Can not imagine it being any worse than her.

Do you have with droid team or another?

Oh Rey is a feather to gear opposed to Gg 140 purple mats t7 -> t8. 50 of those are v6 hair dryers
  • Paule
    39 posts Member

I agree 100%. I got him to 7 stars today and he is just like Yoda. Fun to play around with but no benefit to my A team whatsoever.
  • jkdmike
    148 posts Member
    I don't have him but when I read he can make a random ally taunt that scared me away from him. The last thing I want is for him to randomly make someone else on my team taunt if that person is low on health. Just doesn't seem helpful. If he didn't do that, I'd definitely go after him.
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    He's a lot of fun to use. I actually do have him in my arena team. But like others have said , getting him to gear 8 was rough!
  • @jkdmike his forces taunt kicks in below 50% health is someone else is not taunting, this seems like a perfect fit on a team with RG who's taunt kicks in at 50%.

For all the people who have him, do they have the synergy together like I am thinking? @Tony167 @Paule @TheVem001
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    @Dekayingsoul I use RG and GG together and love it. I surround them with Rey, GS and Barriss.

If grievous does the forced taunt , my only real worry is it landing on GS. If Rey gets it there's a good chance she has evasion, and Barriss has a ton of Hp. And that's if RG isn't taunting already . It works out well majority of the time
  • From G7 to G8 5 of the six slots require purple gear, some multiple purps and at 1 at 50 (stun cuffs)..
    Let's just say it's VERY Rey, Aayla,Leai like in the requirements. :/

The guy is a droid.. Don't they mass produce these parts?
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    From G7 to G8 5 of the six slots require purple gear, some multiple purps and at 1 at 50 (stun cuffs)..

So true lol and to get to 9 I need another 290 purple gear as well smh
  • Tony167 wrote: »
    @Dekayingsoul I use RG and GG together and love it. I surround them with Rey, GS and Barriss.

If grievous does the forced taunt , my only real worry is it landing on GS. If Rey gets it there's a good chance she has evasion, and Barriss has a ton of Hp. And that's if RG isn't taunting already . It works out well majority of the time

I have to ask, why Barriss? Just because of her huge hp and his force taunt?
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    I got the idea from someone on here, the name escapes me tho. Maybe @Niemsco ? Barriss is there more for the defense. Good mark for the force taunt. High hp to keep her alive long enough to hopefully heal the squad and get the taunters reloaded and my cannons health up.
  • jkdmike
    148 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    @Dekayingsoul

It's definitely possible I don't understand how his taunt works. I don't really use any taunt characters in the game at all. It says if he's under 50 percent health, will make a random ally taunt for 1 turn if nobody is already taunting. Does that mean he could randomly pick someone else to taunt that's low on health?
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    @jkdmike RGs taunt activates any time someone drops below 50% health automatically. As long as his taunt is active grievous won't make any ally taunt.
  • jkdmike
    148 posts Member
    Ahh gotcha, thanks now I get it...lol
  • @jkdmike I don't have the answer for that, I don't have him yet but it does read that way. For me that's not an issue as I want to run a HP/AoE team to put him in.

Phasma - L
    Kylo
    Anakin
    RG
    GG

Was thinking it would be fun and I don't plan on using them anytime soon. My goal is 6-10 months from now when the level cap hit 90 when their hp and AoEs hit their max.
  • @jkdmike his forces taunt kicks in below 50% health is someone else is not taunting, this seems like a perfect fit on a team with RG who's taunt kicks in at 50%.

For all the people who have him, do they have the synergy together like I am thinking? @Tony167 @Paule @TheVem001

His taunt is a little odd. It is not immediately when he hits 50% it's at the end of the attack sequence. This is problematic if he dies during the sequence. If he does die no taunt or turn meter gain is received.

Hope this helps,

On a side note, I would have thought that (immediately) ment that the moment of sub 50% would be the time his passive activates. Dissapointed in this.
  • TheVem001
    229 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Tony167 wrote: »
    From G7 to G8 5 of the six slots require purple gear, some multiple purps and at 1 at 50 (stun cuffs)..

Just got my Gg t8 last night. I swear I heard Sinister Laugh while looking at req mats for t9

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    @jkdmike I don't have the answer for that, I don't have him yet but it does read that way. For me that's not an issue as I want to run a HP/AoE team to put him in.

Phasma - L
    Kylo
    Anakin
    RG
    GG

Was thinking it would be fun and I don't plan on using them anytime soon. My goal is 6-10 months from now when the level cap hit 90 when their hp and AoEs hit their max.

I'd want to at least try Bariss in that team. Her health equalization with all those tanky toons should work great.
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    TheVem001 wrote: »

Just got my Gg t8 last night. I swear I heard Sinister Laugh while looking at req mats for t9

Ha, I know. It's ridiculous how much purple he needs

Ha, I know. It's ridiculous how much purple he needs

@Tony167 hey there by chance do you have the following toons maxed and if you do would you be willing to run a test in GW/arena on auto pilot? Lando lead, Shan, RG, Gg, old daka? Mine are close but not maxed and am in a "I wonder" spot on this team
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    @TheVem001 my Lando , Han and daka are 7* gear 7. RG and GG gear 8. If that will do I'd be willing to test it out for you. But have to wait till my reset. My arena and GW are done for the night.
    @TheVem001 my Lando , Han and daka are 7* gear 7. RG and GG gear 8. If that will do I'd be willing to test it out for you. But have to wait till my reset. My arena and GW are done for the night.

Aye that will do perfectly the Gg and rg are most important gear levels. I appreciate it!
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    edited March 2016

Aye that will do perfectly the Gg and rg are most important gear levels. I appreciate it!

So I tried your team out in GW today. I used it against a QGJ, yoda, Lumi, GS, poggle squad. All maxed.

I can't video on my phone so can't actually show you the battle, but I lost pretty badly, right now there just isn't enough speed in it if say. the damage was good, but was quickly over. I'm sure against other builds it could do alot better tho
    Post edited by Tony167 on
  • @Tony167 I also tried it in GW last nite. I can see where it has problems, but also steam rolled last leg including QGJ lead final battle. However; the differences between human and AI are defiantly vast. The more I think and reflect on it, I lean towards your experience. Thank you so much for testing and using a precious arena turn.
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    How does his forced taunt thing work? It says they gain taunt for 1 turn and 100% turn meter so wouldn't the taunt just go away immediately?
  • @SWHS no, end on start of next turn.
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    @SWHS no, end on start of next turn.

Oh OK. So how about putting him on a team with other tanky AoE characters like Boba? Seems like that could be good.
  • Paule
    39 posts Member

Yup, too costly for a relatively weak toon. I'm focusing on gearing up my B team instead of getting GG max.

Like Yoda, he is a fun character to play and a great reward for whales, but he will not help you in arena.