Can someone explain to me.

Seriously what is the point of having power ratings in the fleet arena. I understand that supposedly it is to give you an idea of how strong the enemy fleet is, but with how dependent the fleet arena is on RNG why even bother. Here is a good example my fleet arenas power is list as 427,148 yet I got completely smashed in just under a minute and a half. The enemy fleet power rating was only 299,729 that is a difference of 127,419. I'm sorry but I dont see how with that big of a difference I got smashed the way I did. If RNG really has that big of an effect why keep the power ratings cause obviously they dont carry any weight to how easy or difficult an opponent will be.vrcb1gl9oyz0.jpg

Replies

• Options
    Well, same thing for arena. 5 x g12 jawas get smashed heavily by a g8 titans. Further aggravating, all mods show the same power, yet there is a world betwen 0 and 21 speed secondary.
    So what the problem is really, is both RNG that was introduced in fleetminus2 and poor AI. I believe cg is incapable of fixing the former one, but should be able to do the latter.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Also a lot of the power rating probably comes from the 4th reinforcement. Guess what, battles almost never get to 4 reinforcements.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Two tanks and an attacker as starting lineup is a great set up. Tarkin reinforcements get retribution. Fleet GP really is false hope. You can get crushed by geos and they are always low in GP. Don’t look at that but instead look at each ship,abilities and pilots to have a better understanding of your enemies strength.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Brute force doesn't win all battles. Strategy and yes, RNG, plays a role. Power ratings are a SUGGESTION of the power level of the team, not the be all, end all. It's not an insta-win if you have a higher power rating, even much higher.
  • Options
    Or, how about, he has one less reinforcement and a six star cap, possibly he has only two reinforces? Looking at fleet GP is misleading, and rather pointless,
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Or, how about, he has one less reinforcement and a six star cap, possibly he has only two reinforces? Looking at fleet GP is misleading, and rather pointless,

This right here. they changed it (it wasn't any more useful before) to only represent how much someone has invested into a character or ship.

especially in fleet this is not useful because they could just not have a ship, or have one lower power ship. it doesn't make much difference, I usually never get to all 4 reinforcements.
  • Elendior
    129 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I am with you. The RNG pre decides pretty much 75% of fleet battles. Due to 3 starting ships it is nearly impossible to do anything.

If the starting 3 ships of him are that good, the fleet can be totally crap. 3 Ships are enough to decide the outcome of a battle.

For now the strategy in fleet battles is unimportant. As long as your starting ships are fully maxed it is hard to beat anyone at defence for now. The crit rate, the petency and tenacity of enemy ai ships is just bonkers.

Totally messed it with ships 2.0...

As for now the fleet strength only matters in TB. To decide how much points you get when stationing the troops. ... that all.
    Post edited by Elendior on
  • Options
    Pretty sad I know that it was kinda stale before cause nothing had been done and everyone pretty much had everything unlocked and maxed out. But at least before the change it was fun. I can't Express my true feelings as to what I think about fleets 2.0 now
  • Options
    I hope it is quiet about ships now, because the devs work on a 1.1 of ships. It needs a big overhaul and not some small adjustments.
  • Options
    Elendior wrote: »
    I hope it is quiet about ships now, because the devs work on a 1.1 of ships. It needs a big overhaul and not some small adjustments.

Were did you see this?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

A 1.1 after a 2.0? Nice attempt of trolling.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

I do not know if it was a mistake or not, but a rollback to 1.0 and a new attempt of improvement to 1.1 less drastic than the 2.0 may be nice.
  • Options
    I just look at the pilots myself, stars make little difference and level can make a difference.

At my current fleet shard if I see any 4* Cap ships still I know they don't have many (if any at all) purple abilities yet. It's mostly Tarkins right now still too.

I do a little research. The RNG will still hose you occasionally of course no matter how good your ships are. That said, the RNG deciding to be nice got me 5* Executrix and the ability challenge at 3*, certainly wasn't the quality of my ships and pilots that did it.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options
    Iceih_SWG wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

I do not know if it was a mistake or not, but a rollback to 1.0 and a new attempt of improvement to 1.1 less drastic than the 2.0 may be nice.

At this point 2.0 would be fine if they just readjusted how dependent it was on RNG.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    Also a lot of the power rating probably comes from the 4th reinforcement. Guess what, battles almost never get to 4 reinforcements.

If I could like this four times, I would...along with the post pointing out that strategy is far more important than brute Force.

If 75% of your battle outcomes are determined by RNG, it's time to re-examine your fleet.
  • Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Naraic wrote: »

If I could like this four times, I would...along with the post pointing out that strategy is far more important than brute Force.

If 75% of your battle outcomes are determined by RNG, it's time to re-examine your fleet.

RNG will always be a critical part of ships 2.0 and will always play a huge role no matter what ship combos you use.

I lose maybe 1 in 20 fights due to rng. And in almost every case i feel like i could have still squeaked out a win if i played it differently.
  • Options
    Yup, my experience mirrors Dune's. I don't care if you go first or last, chances are I'm going to beat you. As I said earlier, re-examine your fleet and your strategy.