Anyone Go North in TW?

Does anyone's guild go North in TW in order to take the fleets as a piece of strategy? My guild always goes South and since ships were upgraded every opponent has gone South as well. Is there strong opinion either way?

Replies

• Options
    My guild almost always goes south because the enemies there are generally easier. Our opponents do the same thing unless we are so hopelessly outmatched that it doesn't matter. I assumed that most guilds put stronger teams in the north to protect the fleets because that's what we encounter most often.
  • Options
    We always go north and have won almost all of our TWs.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options
    North is usually preferable as it opens up more of your roster (aka ships). The only time it might not be preferable is if you went heavy on your own ship defense (and so lack offensive capabilities) and/or the enemy strongly defends the two northern ground territories.
  • Options
    Always north first.
  • Options
    My guild goes south because our opponents usually set heavier defense north to protect their fleets, and my guild really sucks at ships. There's maybe 5 of us who are good on offense. We're too casual to dictate farming, but that would be The Thing I'd make my whole guild improve if I could. It makes a lot more strategical sense to maximize your roster use, plus ships get you more points for defeating them.

We still win though, so it's fine. :)
  • Options
    if you know what are the meta teams, and everyone in your guild have counters for it, you can aim to do the whole map (or at least try to).
    for us, it varies and changes, sometimes south, sometimes north, but in most cases, we are opening ships, the middle zone, and the south zone. its either we clear full south and then start north (or the opoosite) or we just combination of the two.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    We go south and stack our own Ship territories with our best fleets, since ships 2.0 we haven't been able to clear both enemy ship territories. It's easier to clear the squad based territories for us (context: 133M gp guild). We've trapped a few guilds going north that way, they run out of steam clearing ships and leave the back ship territory on the table, we clear the bottom once we're past the first 2 tough territories and into the weaker areas. We learned this after falling victim to that strategy a few times.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m