Bastila squad + Zaalbar

So, I won’t have Hermit Yoda unfortunately for a good while yet. Which means I’ll have to go with a double tank approach in the meantime most likely.

Options seem relatively limited to Kanan, General Kenobi, Old Ben, and Zaalbar.

Which combination of two would you choose and why? I threw in Zaalbar, because I feel his kit is very plug n’ play, and might be useful in a Jedi comp, much like Thrawn and Nihilus can be. Does he have a use?

Replies

• Options
    Double tank for Bastilla lead go old Ben and Kanan... protection up and ability block...
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Kanan spreads offense down like crazy with his counters. He is good on that squad.

Zaalbar is awesome but can go on other teams.
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses. So Kanan even over GK. That’s actually a relief. Kanan is rough to gear, but GK seems a lot worse. Was like visiting the Great Wall of China when I hit g8.
  • Killbot5000
    714 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Turvantus wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses. So Kanan even over GK. That’s actually a relief. Kanan is rough to gear, but GK seems a lot worse. Was like visiting the Great Wall of China when I hit g8.

Highly debatable if he's better than GK, but if it a double tank team i think yes.
    Old Ben is pretty much the unanimous best now for jedi, though.
  • Options
    Why you ever consider a scondrel tank, when jedi has 3 good tanks?
  • Options
    GK > Old Ben > Kanan
  • Options
    Okay, so now if I run double tank (which is what I’ll have to do until I get Hermit Yoda) - it is best to have GK with Old Ben?

I’m nearly at 50/50 here with responses with Kanan vs GK. I already intended to have Old Ben. He’s just invaluable. It’s the second tank that has me stumped.

As for the Zaalbar, I just assumed that if this team has situational stand ins such as Nihilus and Thrawn; why not him also? From a tank standpoint his kit is very impressive. Yes, there are Jedi tanks - I just wasn’t sure if they were better just by simply being Jedi tag, regardless of kit. That’s where I required some affirmation.
  • Options
    I think it comes down to preference. I prefer Old Ben over the rest, and prefer GK over Kanan. They all have their uses.
  • Options
    First question is: Why? Against which teams do you really need 2 tanks/taunts? On offense you can use a third attacker in my opinion. On defense there might be use for a second tank/taunt. Depends on your environment. Against Traya lead it doesnt matter - even with 2 tanks/taunts your Bastila squad has no chance. But there are a couple of Rex lead counter teams that might not be able to take out your squad if you have 2 tanks/taunts. That would be the time out-case then.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I'd base it off of who you're fighting. Crit heavy ppl like rebels and resistance? GK. if not, Kanan. There's also the aspect of passive taunting versus active taunting and that GK can contribute to damage by calling assists

Kanan's good for the offense down he spreads and the debuffs he cleanses, as well as that extra protection up. Healing when he takes a debuff is nice

But, you're team shouldn't be taking many debuffs bc of the bastila lead, so I question your need for a second tank. Especially with Old Ben getting an extra turn of taunt after the first one wears off (or gets smacked by Thrawn/Nihilus and the entire list of cleansers).

I'd go with another attacker. Especially because that's all Hoda really does when he can't heal bonus protection, call damage dealers to assist. Probably Aayla, maybe JKA?

On Zaalbar- excellent tank, especially when paired with Mission. He doesn't really have synergy with Bastila lead. Not only does he miss out on the pretaunt and protection, but because of all that protection the Jedi won't drop below 100% for a while. He also has no one helping him apply dots. The only role I see him playing with Jedi is the anti-NS tank. (Plauge dodges protection but Zaalbar heals on basic, gets counter and taunt when ally drop below 100%)
  • Options
    I use Bastilla with GMY, Hyoda, Ezra and GK. Works like a charm. The only teams I can't beat are Traya leads. I haven't dropped below 50 since I got them all to G12. My speed mods are top end but nowhere near god mods (only one set above 100+, then 3 between 88 and 97, and finally GK at 61+).
  • Options
    I run GK and OB. Top 20.

• EdSolo
    412 posts Member
    Options
    I would think I would go with GK and Old Ben. Old Ben can actively taunt as well as mass ability block. Since everyone will start with buffs, GK will allow a five toon attack on his first turn and can also add retribution if needed.

I am still five zeta pieces away from trying out a Bastila team, so I'm not sure how she works against the meta arena teams. I have been using the Bastila L, GM Yoda, Hoda, Ezra and GK team in GW to try them out, but I don't run into anything that challenges them. I figure the team is probably worthless in arena without the Bastila lead zeta. Granted, I don't have zetas on GM Yoda, Hoda or Ezra either at this point.

I have heard that a NS team can crush a Bastila team. I would figure that initially plague wouldn't stick unless they managed to make Talzin slower than Assaj so she could cleanse and then have Talzin use plague. I would like to see the match up to see how it goes. I also wonder if you would get into trouble if you can't take out acolyte before she gets stealth. GM Yoda is the only AOE character on the team so I'm not sure how it would go if you down to Zombie and Acolyte vs. Jedi.
  • Options
    Again, no access to Hoda for awhile yet.

As for my shard type; it’s still relatively new (maybe 9 months). Unfortunately for me the waters are full of mythical sea monsters. One guy has been over 3m GP for months, with over 60% roster being g12 and every toon ranging from +70-130 speed mods and is farming Traya already. Others are trying to keep up with him. I have JRT’s in #300’s already. I’m trying to phase over from Empire to Jedi. However, my first toon from Guild Event was Veers (since I thought it better than Hard Node). Otherwise I’d have Hoda by now.

I have Bastila wearing my first Zeta since ships 2.0 really forked me on completing challenges. Went from entirely ready to demolished and set me back a couple months. Was. Not. Happy.

Nevertheless, I was still staying top 50 with non-zeta g10 Empire team, all level 80 toons. However within these past couple weeks shard blew up and is leaving me behind. I slip anywhere from 150~350 now overnight, and it’s a daunting climb back up.

I’m well aware I should probably have level 85’s and focus on Arena only. However, I’ve been pushing through the events and just finished being ready for BB-8, and started my JRT toon farm to bring it to an end finally. Also, General Kenobi unlocks this next HAAT for me.

With that was going to invest most future resources into Sith Raid squads, which would ultimately net me the three necessary Arena squads. Jedi/NS/Sith.

https://swgoh.gg/u/turvantus/

Jedi are still shelved until I finish their abilities and get them up to g10 to replace Empire. I’ll mod shuffle at that point too. So don’t get too critical with how it things look. This is mostly for a toon check.

• Options
    Never spend Guild Event Tokens on anything other than Hoda / Wampa or G12, and even G12 only on arena toons. The stuff is just too valuable.
  • Options
    I am finding that sion works pretty well. Atleast in my arena shard.. I'm running g11 4* Zastila, g11 ezra, g11 gmy, g12 gk, and 5* g11 sion. Ranking under 100 every day.. top 50 is full of traya.. I mostly face jtr, cls, ns, zalp and rex lead squads
  • Options
    Never spend Guild Event Tokens on anything other than Hoda / Wampa or G12, and even G12 only on arena toons. The stuff is just too valuable.

Yeah, I'm regretting it for sure. At the time of me starting the game it just seemed logical to go the easiest route. Little did I know that currency was like being starved to death ever so slowly. Guild only nets about 4k per TB. So barely 30 shards a month.