Territory War needs a new geographical layout

Degs29
361 posts Member
edited August 2018
When TWs first started, they were a lot of fun, and CG was rightly praised for it. But recently, all TWs seem to follow the same strategy: create an impenetrable defense on the front lines, and what you have in the back doesn't matter so much. This may not be a problem for the higher-end guilds, but it's certainly a problem for mid-tier guilds.

I think TWs would be a lot more fun if they followed this pattern instead:
2gz7vp3wcd36.png

A2 rewards twice as many banners as A1s, but would require both A1s be defeated first. Same goes for B, C, and the fleet F.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    Options
    You increased the number of regions: For low tier to mid tier guilds it is already a problem to put a good defense as well as have some heavy attack teams. The more regions exist,the more of the good teams will go into defense, in the current point system.

I like your idea, but I think just a new map is not enough ;)
    - The number of defense teams should be lowered.
    - I am not sure if the doubled points in the inner regions are preventing heavy defenses. We have now a similar situation and eery guild is putting up a strong wall in the first two regions, as you mentioned.
    - We have not enough ships

However, a new map would be cool.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, absolutely. The number of defense teams per territory could be lowered. My main goal with this layout is to get around that 2-territory wall we currently experience.