Inactive players in arena

I made a post before on a possible fix for me and other players in arena to make things easier and realized i may be going at it a wrong way. My issue was i was inactive 8 or so months and it will take me well over a year to catch back up and i had no chance of getting anywhere in arena. A different way to approach this would be to possibly remove players arena teams after a certain time period. Say a player hasn't logged on in two months or so. Their team in arena would just disappear from teams you could choose to fight or they are just moved to the very bottom of the arena. Would love to hear what everyone thinks. I also have an example of a team that probably shouldn't be at this point in arena if it were an active player.

Replies

• Options
    First off, one of those players deserve to be dropped just cuz. Second, as mentioned before, work on your arena squad, and you will easily climb up past the casual players into higher ranks.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    If you didn't miss Bastilla Shan, just jump on the train and climb to the top this week already.
    Now and then these opportunities appear. New nightsisters (Talzin and zombie) are another example.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Furthermore, if a player can hold rank without battling, that player earned the ranked. If you can't get pass, then you don't deserve to pass.
  • Options
    That player is only holding a rank because of how outmatched everyone else is. He was a high tier player who stopped playing. If you didn't notice my top team is only 56k power and is an emp team with around G9 on all of my toons. I don't think i should be fighting such high geared toons so low in arena. All it does is slow everything down for me.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Remove him? And put him where? What if he decides to come back after 8 months like you? Makes no sense.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Remove him? And put him where? What if he decides to come back after 8 months like you? Makes no sense.

Give him no rank. I would've been totally okay with not having a rank/being at the bottom when i came back and moving back up if i wasn't getting stuck on teams like this.
  • Options
    You haven't played the game in ages. You are 20,000 squad power below the people above you in arena. You are trying to beat G11 and G12 toons with a G9 squad.

Those players have been active and/or invested more than you did. Heck, they may still be active.

Exactly why should you get a free pass to move ahead of those players and skip 8 months of grinding and farming that everyone else has done?

There is absolutely no circumstance you deserve to bypass them. They have invested more time/money in their squads. If you want to rank higher, you will have to do the same. It won't take you 8 months, but it won't happen overnight.
  • Options
    The same thing happened to me, really struggled to break into the top 1000 after 8 or 9 months not playing. I had no understanding of shards or the game much at all. Had started it and ditched it a few weeks in only to return.

I would have restarted but invested a fair bit and got cracking on the arena. Within 5 months I've moved to the top 500 by working. I'm with active players now who have been playing longer than me but that's fine, it's a challenge. I'll never be #1 but I don't play the game for that.

Keep working on your squad and you'll rise through the ranks. The inactive players should just be avoided unless you can take them.