Player compensation over mods

Replies

• Options
    I just finished my jawas a few months ago, and I'm in the middle of farming them on both my alts, but I don't feel people with Jawas (myself included) should be compensated for anything. Nobody was forced to farm them, and those who did have a mod set that other players who didn't still don't have and will still have to farm and upgrade. I am a little peeved that I've been wasting time and resources on the two alts that haven't got them yet.

But I don't get why they would eliminate the one use people had for an entire faction. What I would like to see is something else added to make them at least somewhat relevant. Maybe have a jawa event similar to what they have for the Ewoks. Or make them needed as one of the two teams for an assault battle (maybe a new one that requires separatists after their hopefully upcoming rework)...something. But being given something just because you farmed jawas is a little much.
  • Options
    I don't think we need compensation and I especially don't want a Jawa event
    I took them to 5/6*, gear 7 or 8 for the challenge and never used them again
    I'm not keen on needing to gear or farm them further
  • Warp3dM1nd
    149 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    They are taking away from players who were in the middle of farming them. I started farming them several motnhs ago because I needed the crit damage mods now because of where im at. Had I known any of this months ago I could have spent that time and crystals on something else I needed just as much. So your right I feel cheated as hell. This is nothing like a marquee player becoming F2P because they had a choice to spend those crystals. I didnt because the crit mods are required for several teams i have been building to be effective. So I broke down and started farming the damnable things and guess what 4 months later they arent going to be needed.

How about when you announced the upcoming mod changes you also mentioned you will no longer need certain toons for certain mods. You didnt or at least not in anything I have read about it. So yeah I feel cheated and feel like the shards invested in those worthless jawas should be refunded. Im sure I am not the only ones who was in the process. This could have been prevented when you annouced the mod change but you didnt so we kept wasting valuable time and other resources only to have it be thrown away.

It's mot like you can say oh well they are still useful here and here but they arent. Besides the tuskens the jawas are the most wasted programming space in the whole game and should just be removed to the background as npcs. Hell they arent the only ones total amount of absolutely worthless characters is well into the 60s. But that is a discussion for another day.

Im sure instead of doing whats right you will come up with some lame daily challenge or event that will require use to farm them anyways just to validate not having to compensate those of us who have wasted much effort in the past few months trying to farm them.
  • Options
    Warp3dM1nd wrote: »
    They are taking away from players who were in the middle of farming them. I started farming them several motnhs ago because I needed the crit damage mods now because of where im at. Had I known any of this months ago I could have spent that time and crystals on something else I needed just as much. So your right I feel cheated as hell. This is nothing like a marquee player becoming F2P because they had a choice to spend those crystals. I didnt because the crit mods are required for several teams i have been building to be effective. So I broke down and started farming the damnable things and guess what 4 months later they arent going to be needed.

How about when you announced the upcoming mod changes you also mentioned you will no longer need certain toons for certain mods. You didnt or at least not in anything I have read about it. So yeah I feel cheated and feel like the shards invested in those worthless jawas should be refunded. Im sure I am not the only ones who was in the process. This could have been prevented when you annouced the mod change but you didnt so we kept wasting valuable time and other resources only to have it be thrown away.

It's mot like you can say oh well they are still useful here and here but they arent. Besides the tuskens the jawas are the most wasted programming space in the whole game and should just be removed to the background as npcs. Hell they arent the only ones total amount of absolutely worthless characters is well into the 60s. But that is a discussion for another day.

Im sure instead of doing whats right you will come up with some lame daily challenge or event that will require use to farm them anyways just to validate not having to compensate those of us who have wasted much effort in the past few months trying to farm them.

Just to point out, datcha has a use, Je has a use and Nebit has a use, they may not be current high end arena squads, but they are assuredly useful and not useless as some folks seem to be screaming on here.
  • Options
    Everyone has still been on the same playing field. Quit crying. This is a good addition
  • Options
    The compensation is that we’ve had access to crit damage mods for two years now and the folks who didn’t work on Jawas still have to wat a couple more weeks.

We’re waaaaaaaaaay ahead.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Warp3dM1nd wrote: »
    They are taking away from players who were in the middle of farming them. I started farming them several motnhs ago because I needed the crit damage mods now because of where im at. Had I known any of this months ago I could have spent that time and crystals on something else I needed just as much.

I was also farming Jawas, have all except Engineer at 5*. Which part of farming them did you spend crystals on? There's no need for that at all.

This is an update that vastly improves the game for 99.9% of players at the expense of removing a slight competitive advantage from a small number of people, name new players who had just farmed jawas in the past few weeks. Even for those people it makes life BETTER because now they don't have to worry about team requirements for any other mod set.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    vksg wrote: »
    Schustring wrote: »
    The "compensation" for farming Jawa was the competitive advantage having those mods gave you over those that did not have them... enjoy!

This.

They are not taking anything away from players who earned these mods "the old way". So there is no need for compensation.
    Sorry, but this is not true. At least not in general.
    If you belong to an arena shard were the first players who decided to go for Jawa/mods just finished farming them and could now start farming restricted mods, nobody has yet been able to enjoy any competitive advantage. In fact, half of the playerbase within those shards*** is currently suffering the negative side of a chosen trade-off and will never see the positive effects.
    Call it bad luck for the midgame players, lucky for newbies and so-what for elder gamers, but not "This.". That's dismissive.
    *** Fictional stats, but you get the meaning.

Even in that scenario, they are not taking anything away from anyone.

How a player chooses to develop effects them in many ways and as I said there are people on either side of every change, but they are not removing anything. Them changing the path for players to achieve a goal is not a detriment to those that took a different path, not to any extent that would require compensation.

If someone chose to farm jawa at the detriment of their development or arena rank or some other measurable, it is still just their choice and path for development. Sure it's not ideal, but it also wasnt a huge disadvantage to take the time to farm those toons if done correctly.

I understand what you are saying, but it's a bit obtuse. They didn't choose jawas cause they wanted to use them, they choose them for a very specific purpose with a very specific goal in mind, and the goal posts just shifted on them. People have a right to be upset about it, and want some sort of compensation. I don't think they deserve it, but they can want it. Best compensation could be a Jawa only event that they can do now....
  • Options
    Don't expect compensation.
    Some changes are good, game needs to grow, new players already have a lot of more important factions to worry about.

But more than likely an event of sorts will pop up, why would they want you to not farm them, they will give a reason to farm eveyrone.

Deployments in TB for example.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    vksg wrote: »
    The "compensation" for farming Jawa was the competitive advantage having those mods gave you over those that did not have them... enjoy!

This.

They are not taking anything away from players who earned these mods "the old way". So there is no need for compensation.
    Sorry, but this is not true. At least not in general.
    If you belong to an arena shard were the first players who decided to go for Jawa/mods just finished farming them and could now start farming restricted mods, nobody has yet been able to enjoy any competitive advantage. In fact, half of the playerbase within those shards*** is currently suffering the negative side of a chosen trade-off and will never see the positive effects.
    Call it bad luck for the midgame players, lucky for newbies and so-what for elder gamers, but not "This.". That's dismissive.
    *** Fictional stats, but you get the meaning.

Even in that scenario, they are not taking anything away from anyone.

How a player chooses to develop effects them in many ways and as I said there are people on either side of every change, but they are not removing anything. Them changing the path for players to achieve a goal is not a detriment to those that took a different path, not to any extent that would require compensation.

If someone chose to farm jawa at the detriment of their development or arena rank or some other measurable, it is still just their choice and path for development. Sure it's not ideal, but it also wasnt a huge disadvantage to take the time to farm those toons if done correctly.

I understand what you are saying, but it's a bit obtuse. They didn't choose jawas cause they wanted to use them, they choose them for a very specific purpose with a very specific goal in mind, and the goal posts just shifted on them. People have a right to be upset about it, and want some sort of compensation. I don't think they deserve it, but they can want it. Best compensation could be a Jawa only event that they can do now....

Sorry, but they didnt move the goal post, they removed them. Being upset that others who are in 99% of cases not in direct competition with you can take a different path to something you completed and have been "reaping the benefits of the rewards", doesnt really seem necessary. Sure every can and should feel however they want, but we should all also be able to logically go through this and see that it doesnt effect most players, except for the very small % who are literally unlocking that challenge right now and may not have the opportunity to reap the rewards.

The previous setup for mods was based on a concept that was never fully followed due to the removal of 6 and 7 dot mods. The mod challenges (up to 5 dot mods) lined up with the faction bonuses in the raids and the raids also gave out that type of mod (6 and 7). As was pointed out earlier, there are uses for many of the toons required for the challenges and it's not a complete "loss" to having them developed.
  • Options
    If there are any downsides to the upcoming mod management update CG has planned, they are by far outweighed by their huge upside. In my personal estimation, there are absolutely no downsides whatsoever.

This is a time to be thankful all of our gaming lives will be vastly improved. I am extremely excited for these upcoming updates.

But it's your 'right' to complain, although I don't identify with your complaining. It sounds like your just trying to find fault.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    Frankly, aside from the generic Jawa, I'm real glad I have all the other Jawas at a good level. Engineer and Nebit still work real well with droids, Scavenger is great with clones in AAT p2, Dathcha is superb in AAT p1. I use four jawas (no Engineer) plus General Greivous as a territory war team that holds fairly well, and use the Engineer with my droids as a territory war team that routinely holds off a bunch of attacks. Good platoon fillers, too.

Do I use them in arena? Ha ha no... But that doesn't make them a worthless drag on my roster or anything.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    I really haven't taken the time to understand the mod changes. Because of that I stopped buying/selling/farming mods a month back.

Should I be buying, selling ones that are perceived as bad now or just holding onto everything for dear life until the changes take affect?
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    I really haven't taken the time to understand the mod changes. Because of that I stopped buying/selling/farming mods a month back.

Should I be buying, selling ones that are perceived as bad now or just holding onto everything for dear life until the changes take affect?

Should farm health mods likely, and keep anything with a speed secondary, green blue purple, after you level it up, to get the best chance a a desired bump.

After things change, mods will reveal all secondaries, BEFORE bumping ANY stats
  • Options

Puke.
  • Options
    You barely had to touch the Jawas to get them at a point where they could complete that challenge, and it gave you first access to one of the top 2 most powerful mod sets of the last 2 years. And anyone who plays any length of time will end up with all of those characters 7* on accident, or bump them up a bit for platoons, or extra GP anyhow.

However, if someone wants compensation for having to get the Jawas to 5*, gear 6, level 65-70 then why not give it to them. It's so close to nothing that it might as well be nothing. If 10 cents would make a complaint go away it might be worth it.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    However, if someone wants compensation for having to get the Jawas to 5*, gear 6, level 65-70 then why not give it to them. It's so close to nothing that it might as well be nothing. If 10 cents would make a complaint go away it might be worth it.

Ha! Now there's an angle I hadn't considered--We all get 100k credits and a couple mk1 BAW Armor Mods in our inboxes.
  • Options
    Mod challenge requirements dissapearing isn't a bad thing.

For new and younger players it means they have more flexibility without having to farm Jawa/Scoundrel etc to5* in the middle of their other priorities, allowing them to access good mods sooner.

For those who've worked to complete those teams, you fall into one of 3 categories:

1. You worked on the characters because etou needed the mods, and have had the benefit of those mods as a reward for however many months/years
    2. You farmed the requirements by accident or through team completion for other modes, in which case, no loss
    3. You've only just unlocked the requirements having worked on them recently. This is the only category that really has lost out, and it's not going to be a huge one. Also, as requirements go in this game, 5* is pretty generous compared to the number of nodes that need 7*, so you saved 185 shards at least.

Of all the possible complaints about this update, this is one of the weaker ones....
  • Options
    Viserys wrote: »
    I think people just don't understand this update. Nobody is getting screwed and no mod is becoming useless.

Please.I would urge you- an internet discussion forum is not for place for sense, reasonableness or rational points to be made.

Please monitor your posts and correct forthwith!

: :p

• Options
    I can’t believe this thread is still going.

There will be zero compensation given.
  • Truf
    32 posts Member
    Options
    I must say that you are all taking this out of hand! Every one has been asking for ages for an overhaul of mods!

Now I can be very critical at times but firmly believe they couldn’t have implemented 6dot mods in a fairer way for everyone and creating a new mod energy is much better that is having to further rely on cantina energy to stay ahead of the curve with mods.

You all say that you need compensating for farming jawas because they are now obsolete. So what. It’s an ever shifting game. Do you expect compensation when the meta shifts and your meta toons become obsolete and the zetas aren’t as good as they once were? No you don’t so why expect it for Jawas.

I for one say thank you and well done to the devs for implementing such a massive change without affecting the integrity of the game. I just hope we don’t encounter too many bugs with it.

• YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I farmed Jawas. I am farming Jawas on an alt account too (well, not anymore, but I was). I definitely don't feel like I'm owed anything for doing so.

But it's not about giving the players who have them some kind of compensation or reward for having put the time and resources into developing jawas, it's about having any reason whatsoever for new players to want to go out and do the same.

Jawas are minor players in the Star Wars Universe whose entire existence as scrap dealers is to gather junk around Tatooine and sell it to the locals. That barely justifies them being in the game at all. But since they ARE in the game, and they ARE fun characters, why not give them some sort of appropriate event that gives you shard shop currency, or gear, or something that makes sense for the characters? I mean, there's a huge omega crunch in this game right now. You could introduce another means of bringing omega mats into the game through a jawa event of some kind and kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Or make Jawas replace Scoundrels in the droid heist and call it droid salvage or something.

Honestly, I don't think it would take much to give them some sort of meaning in this game, and why wouldn't CG or anyone else not want them to have one?

But compensation? Come on now.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    ZatyraJinn wrote: »
    Everyone has still been on the same playing field. Quit crying. This is a good addition

Yes. Yes. Don't be so sure.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    ZatyraJinn wrote: »

Yes. Yes. Don't be so sure.

@Nikoms565 maybe we can propose to CG people that don't like the tool can have the option to opt out and use the old interface, opt out of 6* mods, and opt out of slicing.....problem solved?
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    Oh no something is being change oh we require compensation oh get over it
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    So when meta shifts and toons get out played do we get something for free? Hahaha NO
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    I want compensation for not farming jawas. Everyone that farmed jawas earned speed mods and I didn’t. Gimme gimme gimme
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    I want compensation for not farming jawas. Everyone that farmed jawas earned speed mods and I didn’t. Gimme gimme gimme

I'm with this guy. Except for the small matter that Jawas don't get the speed mods, that's Resistance.

I also didn't get crit damage, crit chance, damage or defence mods.

I demand compensation in the form of seven star squads (geared up to 12) relevant to each challenge, apart from Jawas.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
This discussion has been closed.