Should I continue to develop Bastila?

Where I am: player lvl70. My core team consists of the typical starter characters. Gear lvl 7, mostly 5 stars. I’m trying to put together a Jedi team and have got JC, Mace, QGJ, Ahsoka, and Bastila.

I’m mostly f2p but wouldn’t mind spending a few bucks here and there.

So I impulse bought Bastilla and got her to 3* 19/30 with all my crystals. Is it worth it to continue to develop her with crystals and the $10 pack? Or will I get some other Jedi more easily farmable down the road? (Or is it a bad idea to do a Jedi team all together?)

Replies

• personally i would say wait for her to become farmable. The Jedi you have at the moment aren't the best so i would focus on building up others and by the time they are at a good level you Bastila should be farmable (or nearly).

I would recommend going for Ezra, Old Ben, GMY (if you can pick him up at 5* maybe, if not QGJ) and then maybe either Barisse/Luminara.

There are a few good Jedi heros at the minute but i personally dont really rate JC, Mace or Ashoka (without JKA) but its up to you what you go for man
  • Ahsoka is solid in Fleet and upgrading Mace will make his Fleet challenges much easier. Add Kanan, Ezra, and Old Ben for GMY. Old Ben is needed for CLS and is arguably better than GK on a Bastilla team. Phoenix has good ships, you need them for Thrawn, Ezra is fantastic, and Kanan is a solid fifth until you get Hermit Yoda.
  • Thanks guys. This helps a lot. BTW I just saw a 3* Bastila rated 7000+, so I guess it's possible to beef her up without stars and wait until she becomes farmable.
  • 14500 rated 3* Bastila in position 16 in my Arena....
  • In hindsight and from experience I would avoid her for now. I geared her and Jolene up heavily. She is my best toon. Was just recently auto placed in starter guild 5.

Now guess what...they are running Rancor raids there at level 5. So I have lost my best toon and one other solid one since they are mere 4 star toons. At our level, we just don't have enough toons to specialize more than maybe 4 squads so this is irking me.

Its not that I put alot of money into them cause I haven't but if they really want to encourage us to use these new toons the star level restriction thing should be a recommendation for raids and not a hard requirement.

My complaint here is just on raids and not Marquee events....

• LonnyE wrote: »
    In hindsight and from experience I would avoid her for now. I geared her and Jolene up heavily. She is my best toon. Was just recently auto placed in starter guild 5.

Now guess what...they are running Rancor raids there at level 5. So I have lost my best toon and one other solid one since they are mere 4 star toons. At our level, we just don't have enough toons to specialize more than maybe 4 squads so this is irking me.

Its not that I put alot of money into them cause I haven't but if they really want to encourage us to use these new toons the star level restriction thing should be a recommendation for raids and not a hard requirement.

Actually, you should find a proper guild , those start guilds are nonsense
  • I'll take a look around the guild threads GhostTrucking. I'm still relative new so not sure there would be many interested takers ... around 170k GP. Do have one 7 star (farm Luke) and 2 at 6 that I am working to 7 right now (Biggs and Qui Gon).
  • Bastilla is amazing with Jedi right now. I would continue to work on her. I have her 4* and zeta lead in my arena team.
  • Yes, Bastilla is amazing but requires a zeta on her leadership ability, which will still take some time to get when you are at lvl 70. There is generally no point in spending money on the $10 packs unless you don't mind spending a lot of money. It's a lot more efficient to buy shards from shipments once they show up there and but even that is quite expensive.
    The main problem with 3* or 4* toons is that they are no help in raids or legendary events. Building a jedi squad is definitely not a bad idea but you have to be aware that they are not arena viable without zetas and that they have to be at least 5* to unlock GMY, which is THE must have toon in any Bastila/jedi squad.
    At your stage, I'd suggest to focus on characters that can be 7*ed quickly and those should preferably be pilots (dual use). Early game Jedi characters such as JC and Ashoka may not be used much towards end game but are both decent pilots and therefore not a bad choice. The Phoenix Jedi are still the better option though.
  • LonnyE wrote: »
    I'll take a look around the guild threads GhostTrucking. I'm still relative new so not sure there would be many interested takers ... around 170k GP. Do have one 7 star (farm Luke) and 2 at 6 that I am working to 7 right now (Biggs and Qui Gon).

@LonnyE The guild I’m in ‘4 the Rebellion’ has a couple spots open. Here’s one of the officer’s recruitment threads: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/178267/50m-gp-guild-recruiting-hs-gk-shards#latest
    My ally code is 351-512-567 if you want to join. We’re about 51 mil GP and we run HAAT and HPit.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    LonnyE wrote: »
    I'll take a look around the guild threads GhostTrucking. I'm still relative new so not sure there would be many interested takers ... around 170k GP. Do have one 7 star (farm Luke) and 2 at 6 that I am working to 7 right now (Biggs and Qui Gon).

Mid tier guilds are crying out for members for tickets and tb and the rewards are much better doing heroic raids even if you take a zero.
    LonnyE wrote: »

Stars are so unimportant in general that if lower star characters could get into raids no one woukd bother starring a lot of charactera til they were ready to use g12 on the character.
  • There is a greater context to what I am saying Nariac. It is the combination of things I am warning other new players about. Maybe this lays it out better.
    1) You are automatically promoted in the starter guilds. For me, I was auto promoted to level 5 starter guild at level 67.
    2) Be aware that starter guild 5 is running level 5 Rancor raids.

Plan accordingly ie at least think of building up a different toon as your leader. For new players not amenable to using truck loads of crystals on character cards, building your main squad around Bastila lead may not be the best idea while she cannot be farmed in some way.

Thanks everyone I will look for a guild.
  • And what do you know, Jolene shows up in shipments today....