Seriously?!?!!? Another Marquee Toon.....

Prev1
Remember new toons are not new content. How about a new Legendary toon or some Raid/TB/TW improvements? Seriously anything other than a new marquee toon.

Replies

• Mahbrethir
    234 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Yeah, I'll admit I'm kind of disappointed. There's a lot of stuff to farm now And I honestly just hate the marquee events anymore, and just auto them.

"Here, preview a well modded g12 toon that you won't be able to get for 6 months." That's.... not 'fun.' How about you just give us the toon, and add the practice battles as optional.

Edit: I'll admit that I'm looking forward to the character, I liked him in Clone Wars, but I was honestly expecting all this Kotor hype to be building towards another legendary.
  • Options
    and next week Embo will be in platoons
  • Options
    My guess (hope) is that they are trying to flesh out the lesser factions more. Which would be nice. But lets be honest... That isn't really the reason...
  • Options
    It’s not even exciting seeing new content anymore.
  • Options
    If that was the intent, we would have new Tuskens and Geos
  • Options
    Better inform the whales in your guild to get the toon at 7* quickly

That being said DS TB is much easier than LS TB so you can probably make do without full platoons
  • Options
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    It’s not even exciting seeing new content anymore.

When was the last time we had actual new content? The raid was a new raid, but the concept was not new. Ship table, not new. TW was the last actual new content. Everything else has been updating old content
  • Options
    Better inform the whales in your guild to get the toon at 7* quickly

That being said DS TB is much easier than LS TB so you can probably make do without full platoons

I neither encourage or discourage spending money on the game. If someone decides to buy Embo, great! if they keep him at 3-4* we will figure it out. CG is in the business to make money and should be allowed to do so. I just wish for all the money that is spent on the game, they would occasionally give the player base something we don't have to pay for.
  • Options
    The frustrating thing is we all have 20 marque toons in our rosters that none of us care about.
    Embo who? Bring in revan and I might spend £200 or jedi luke, maybe snoke,

Embo was big in Clone Wars, so he has a fan base.
  • Options
    Guess me seeing Embo in that one LS battle was foreshadowing. He was mean to me, the inferior series counterparts (Phoenix) beat him good though.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options
    Yeah, seriously feeling all there is are these marquee toons now.
    And since I won't even buy the packs now until 1) I see something done about STR and 2) ALSO, until I'm 100% sure NS aren't going to get thwacked by the nerf bat..... they just sit there waiting for their turn in the farm queue. I mean, not even a Bhodi level bone thrown to us in a long time.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Hey, those Platoon goalposts aren't going to move themselves...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Marquees are here to stay, don't act surprised to see another one. Besides, they are not the worst thing. That honor goes to the killing of the stores. All would be fine if characters went to GW or arena store after the marquee period.
  • Options
    Hey, those Platoon goalposts aren't going to move themselves...

Seriously, wouldn't want to remove or diminish any Pride and accomplishment....
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Marquees are here to stay, don't act surprised to see another one. Besides, they are not the worst thing. That honor goes to the killing of the stores. All would be fine if characters went to GW or arena store after the marquee period.

I don't have a problem with Marquees, I have a problem with the frequency of them and nothing inbetween.
  • Options
    yohann269 wrote: »
    The frustrating thing is we all have 20 marque toons in our rosters that none of us care about.

My point is half of the fan base have never watched clone wars

9t8k6ul9gkw5.gif

(JK, but I would recommend the Clone Wars to any person who considers themselves a Star Wars fan)
  • Options
    They have a lot more planned, after all that's what fleet battles was made for.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    They have a lot more planned, after all that's what fleet battles was made for.

You mean a lot more hard nodes to add new stuff to?
  • egtrip
    23 posts Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, a game can make new content to play or add new ways to play the content.
    Right now we are only being provided new ways to play old content.
    It feels like it is burning out long time players.
    I hope they are able to replace the spenders with new players fast enough.
  • Options
    I dont understand the surprise. They told us all new toons would be released via Marquee events.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Aaaand the thread is buried! Criticism sure doesn't have a long lifespan in General, a. k. a. the only section anyone reads...
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Aaaand the thread is buried! Criticism sure doesn't have a long lifespan in General, a. k. a. the only section anyone reads...

what exactly are you criticizing? That they are holding true to exactly what they said about new character releases?
  • Options

I did. And I loved it. :smile:

And...

9t8k6ul9gkw5.gif

(JK, but I would recommend the Clone Wars to any person who considers themselves a Star Wars fan)

Lol. That was pretty funny. Props. :smiley:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options

That half is missing out on one of the best pieces in Star Wars lore.
  • Options

NOT TRUE lol.

Clone Wars has a way more huge fanbase than you think of. Just cos you havent seen it or didnt enjoy it (not sure WHAT your problem is) but I desperately have been waiting for embo.

Clone Wars probably is the best thing to watch about Star Wars as for now. I prefer watching this than the new boring movies. SNOKE is a poopface no one wants. Who the **** is he? HE doenst have any story about him, gets killed by Darth Emo and really did nothing crazy.

Revan needs to be implented the right way. Everyone screams for him but Revan is a complicated char. The whole community would go beserk if they didnt match all desires for Revan. Will he be dark or light or both. Will he have more dark or light powers. And many other stuff to carefully think about.

The main issue with marquee events is the farmability afterwards. There is too many stuff on hard farming nodes. (Either ships nodes or char nodes).

CG has to make money I am aware of this, so why dont take a way that benefits whales, CG AND f2p players?

Just put new toons on hard nodes (after marquee events) but swap out these hard nodes. For example put "older" chars like Baze and Nihilus into other store where you can actually farm them and take their nodes to add new marquee toons.

The whales can still burn their money. CG gets new money to do new stuff and all other players at least can farm their toons they always wanted in a shorter time. So f2p players get the feeling of progress.

For now i feel like i am stuck. Farming gear for chars and gear takes ages. At least farming Chars should be easier.
  • Options
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    I dont understand the surprise. They told us all new toons would be released via Marquee events.

This. They tried something new with Mother Talzin and Wicket. The feedback was overwhelmingly negative. So much so that CG promised not to try anything creative like that again and would stick to Marquee Events from now on.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

• Options
    Elendior wrote: »

NOT TRUE lol.

Clone Wars has a way more huge fanbase than you think of. Just cos you havent seen it or didnt enjoy it (not sure WHAT your problem is) but I desperately have been waiting for embo.

Clone Wars probably is the best thing to watch about Star Wars as for now. I prefer watching this than the new boring movies. SNOKE is a poopface no one wants. Who the **** is he? HE doenst have any story about him, gets killed by Darth Emo and really did nothing crazy.

Revan needs to be implented the right way. Everyone screams for him but Revan is a complicated char. The whole community would go beserk if they didnt match all desires for Revan. Will he be dark or light or both. Will he have more dark or light powers. And many other stuff to carefully think about.

The main issue with marquee events is the farmability afterwards. There is too many stuff on hard farming nodes. (Either ships nodes or char nodes).

CG has to make money I am aware of this, so why dont take a way that benefits whales, CG AND f2p players?

Just put new toons on hard nodes (after marquee events) but swap out these hard nodes. For example put "older" chars like Baze and Nihilus into other store where you can actually farm them and take their nodes to add new marquee toons.

The whales can still burn their money. CG gets new money to do new stuff and all other players at least can farm their toons they always wanted in a shorter time. So f2p players get the feeling of progress.

For now i feel like i am stuck. Farming gear for chars and gear takes ages. At least farming Chars should be easier.

Most of us over 25 dont watch kiddies cartoons.
    Family guy maybe but star wars no thanks

Just saying, parts of the show were very violent and brutal. I’ve even heard some reviews say that the show should not really be meant for young children.