New toons are not exciting anymore just letting you know.

Cstone812
266 posts Member
edited August 2018
Marquee event after marquee event then straight to hard nodes...getting super stale and really not exciting seeing any new content coming anymore.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Especially characters that half of the fan base have no idea who they are!

Woo Raiden makes it to SWGOH!
  • HOW DARE CG GIVE US FREE NEW CHARACTERS EVERY MONTH!!!!
  • We dont need more character, we need tons of gear!

They are not free and if they are extremly op you can use them at 3 starts. And even then they are useless for raids and for TB. And when they come to table they are on 20 energy hard node.

I know right, heaven forbid we don’t have to buy them.
  • Agreed. More isn't better. Better is better. With that said, I don't understand how there's still no Rebel Chewbacca in this game (and to a lesser extent, no Jango Fett). There really only needs to be one Chewie (like there's only one R2), and that's the one they haven't released.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Yeah, it's hard to get excited for characters we will likely never get to 7*, but you all are directing your anger in the wrong direction. Marquees aren't to blame, giving whales a head start is fine. It's the decision to kill the stores what turns it into a slap in the face. If a character, after the whale only period, appeared in, say, GW store, all would be fine.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Yeah, it's hard to get excited for characters we will likely never get to 7*, but you all are directing your anger in the wrong direction. Marquees aren't to blame, giving whales a head start is fine. It's the decision to kill the stores what turns it into a slap in the face. If a character, after the whale only period, appeared in, say, GW store, all would be fine.

Mostly agree. If we knew at least one toon would end up in a store now and again that'd definitely help the marquee perception, no question.

However, if I can guess at the OP a little more - it's that we haven't gotten any alternatives to it. Traya and BB* were the last toons that we could play for. Those legendary's and now the mythic's that follow feel like they get at what I want from SWGOH better then many of the other events - and certainly better then the farming alternative.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice

Yes but then you wouldnt farm one character for 6 months and if you farm it for a 6 months there is a chance for you to buy packs for said character
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

Yes, but then whales might not whale out if they know they can get a character quickly and easily in a few weeks. It's not nearly as much as a headstart if the character goes to GW rather than a hard node. I find the hard node releases annoying too, but I see the financial logic.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    gufu21 wrote: »

Yes, but then whales might not whale out if they know they can get a character quickly and easily in a few weeks. It's not nearly as much as a headstart if the character goes to GW rather than a hard node. I find the hard node releases annoying too, but I see the financial logic.

As it is now, it's either whale out or die, which is terrible for the long term health of the game. Old players will start burning out.
    Aaaand the thread is buried! Criticism sure doesn't have a long lifespan in General, a. k. a. the only section anyone reads...

I agree that it's hard to get excited about a character that won't be usable in Raids for 6 - 12 months, but if they're good, they're still viable in TW and Arena (Bastilla, DN, Traya, and others being prime examples)

Also, stores aren't dead. Guild Store, Guild Event Store, and Fleet Arena Store (I think this one) are all still open for characters to be added.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

I disagree. Having those stores be there for long term players to convert to shard shop currency is fine. The real issue is what all these new characters do to platoons. CG is forcing each guild to either pay thousands of dollars every month, or not fill platoons.

If they would revert back to non-farmable characters and ships only being in 5 and 6 it would be fine.
  • SWGoH: the one game where people complain when they get free stuff. :smirk:

Call me crazy if you want, but I for one appreciate the fact that we get the (marquee) character for FREE in the first place. I understand the the logic of how much of a pain it is to farm the hard node for forever before 7 starring them, but there's over 150 toons in this game. Who says we need to farm the new (marquee) toons if we don't want to? You don't HAVE to. This game is for fun anyway, isn't it? Farm what you want, and I'll farm what I want. There's plenty of other great (if not better) toons out there. If only 5 toons in this game worked well together, then there wouldn't be so many teams in the metas out there. That's just my 2¢. Anyone else? :sunglasses:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • I think they should create mini events like talzin and wicket to supplement the farming of marquees. Remove the zetas if that’s a concern and just give char shards.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    SWGoH: the one game where people complain when they get free stuff. :smirk:

Call me crazy if you want, but I for one appreciate the fact that we get the (marquee) character for FREE in the first place. I understand the the logic of how much of a pain it is to farm the hard node for forever before 7 starring them, but there's over 150 toons in this game. Who says we need to farm the new (marquee) toons if we don't want to? You don't HAVE to. This game is for fun anyway, isn't it? Farm what you want, and I'll farm what I want. There's plenty of other great (if not better) toons out there. If only 5 toons in this game worked well together, then there wouldn't be so many teams in the metas out there. That's just my 2¢. Anyone else? :sunglasses:

The problem is that, one day, you will hit the wall and you will have to farm those new, hard node only characters or forego farming shards entirely. You might not be there yet, but the time will come. And when it does, the game will start feeling more and more stale and less and less fun.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Maelice wrote: »
    I think they should create mini events like talzin and wicket to supplement the farming of marquees. Remove the zetas if that’s a concern and just give char shards.

This! And more Galactic Bounties as well!
  • That’s my issue. Sure marquee events yea whatever but why not add some to the stores

The marquee events don’t bother me as much as putting everyone on hard nodes does. Even with sion on two nodes it still took me a couple months to max him.

The problem is that, one day, you will hit the wall and you will have to farm those new, hard node only characters or forego farming shards entirely. You might not be there yet, but the time will come. And when it does, the game will start feeling more and more stale and less and less fun.

I don't mind farming toons off a single hard node. Especially since they increased the cap to 5 battles. I'm not a big spender so it allows me to gear them up at about the same rate as the star level for that character and also tidy up some other toons on gear and mods.
  • KyJoe_Cool wrote: »

Agreed. and I think the transition to releasing exclusively via marquee is designed more towards newer players. The game is finally at a point where you can focus on a specific faction and have success in multiple game modes. There's far less buyers remorse than some of us older players experienced when we geared up OG Jedi or had to focus on toons from disparate factions to be arena competitive.

Plus, arena teams are no longer a hodge-podge of DS/LS and toons. Although, I do miss running my Phasma, Rey, Royal Guard, Geo Soldier, and Lumi arena squad.
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »

Agreed. and I think the transition to releasing exclusively via marquee is designed more towards newer players. The game is finally at a point where you can focus on a specific faction and have success in multiple game modes. There's far less buyers remorse than some of us older players experienced when we geared up OG Jedi or had to focus on toons from disparate factions to be arena competitive.

HOW do new players get benefits of this? They have a 3 Star of something with no gear. At lower levels all chars QUITE have the same strength. Many chars get their real performance at higher stars orgear or even some only with mods. Which is all stuff new players do NOT have. They just get the feeling: Oh wow, im on normal node 4-6 and my char i wanna farm is on 9-b hard. Along with 5 others. This game takes years to get 4 chars i desire. Let's play something else.

We get something free - COOL. But its like a supermarket that gives you a fake plastic banana telling you to make a banana shake with it. You just have some more stuff staying in your cellar for 3 months. Just to realise its another hard node farm that has to wait another year. I struggle getting Baze and Nihilus (which some time ago were in the shard shop) ... Now they are on the hard node, along with sion, bossk and some other viable chars.

I bet Qui'ra, enfys, Range trooper etc. will got to hard nodes aswell due to their usefulness. REALLY **** about this. Embo will be the same for sure. There were TWENTYTHREE Marquees so far this year...

Marquee events wouldn't be that bad if the chars went to areas where you can actually farm them. Not those " You get- one-shard-every-3 days-hard nodes". By the way - raising the node attempts from 3-5 changed nothing at all. It just burns more energy. You still get only 1-2 shards. I once had 5 shards, but i had 0 shards the 3 days before so all in all you get 1-2 shards only. So it takes at LEAST 4-5 months to only take a char from 3 to 7 stars depending on how much you focus on refreshes. If you'd get them on a store with 5-10 Shards a day it would take 1-2 months. THAT is fair and makes you feel progressing in the game.

So for example Baze could now be moved to another store yet. So why not put them to Arena store for example or ANY other store like the shard store again. Give the people the chance to decide whether they farm a char they want or gear they need. I get chars faster to g12 than farming a char from 3 Star to 7 Star on hard nodes. He's been out for a long enough time now (Nihilus the same).

I (and many others) for sure wont buy stupid 80 € packs for pathetic 55 nihilus shards. Nearly all of the spending whales already have him. So why not changing this? They still could release new chars on marquee events and swap out the hard nodes with new chars (so they still get the money from the whales) but the (bigger) rest of the community still has the chance to get them faster too.

If they keep this money making style I wont spend a penny. If they change it like I suggested (or at least somehow) I would even spend some money - if the prices make sense. Not those 60-90€ packs.