What qualifies a person as HSTR ready?

Prev1
HK666
1263 posts Member
I want to join the Traya club, but I'm only at 1.5 mil GP. I think most top guilds want their people with like 2.5 million GP.

I've hit a kind of laze in my account where I'm just progressing who ever I like. Which is great, I'm having fun, but part of that fun is getting all the Old Republic Era toons and gettting them usable. So, while I wait for that last batch to become farmable, I can set my sights on SiT and SiM (and finish Sass).

Or, I could focus on working towards Traya and getting good teams for the raid. I've largely ignored it till now bc I knew I wasn't gonna be able to compete at Heroic, and instead just have fun with teams at the fourth level. (droids are one of them, which is another group I want to level).

So, if getting a few teams maxed out for STR is what I gotta do to be ready without waiting for another million or more GP, then I'll try to do so.

My question is, what teams are best for HSTR, and how many must a player have before they can be considered ready?

https://swgoh.gg/u/deeziee/collection/ -what I have, if it helps determines teams

I'm finishing Vet Chewie and Hoda, planning to switch to Wampa
Farming Sion, Young Han, Veers and Vandor Chewie, and Stark

Finishing my Imp troopers enough to get IPD shards is a goal, but I'm not married to the prospect. Was gonna persue Storm and Death troopers after Chewie

Replies

• Options
    Well I'm not in a hstr, nor am i planning on jumping ship to join one. With that said, my understanding is you need at least 1 hstr team. Jtr, chex, ns. Something. I think the main thing though is stick with a plan. I hate seeing a whole bunch of level 85s with blue gear, it seems like alot of credits that could have been better spent.
  • Options
    To be HSR ready you need JTR squad all gold, Death Trooper (Chex Mix, he’s the hard one to farm). Night Sisters are a plus, but you usually only need 3-4 people in the guild with maxed NS so you can usually join with just JTR and Chex Mix
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    What's the exact JTR team? Obviously JTR and BB8, but I'm not sure who else. I'm guessing Resistance Trooper, OG Rey, and Visas/Hoda

Is Chex Mix the team of CLS, Han, Poa, Death and Chirrut? If so I need to get Poa and Chirrut from scratch, Death only needs the last two stars and gears levels

that's it tho? Two-teams? A lot more within reach than I thought.

And thanks for all the help
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    HK666 wrote: »
    What's the exact JTR team? Obviously JTR and BB8, but I'm not sure who else. I'm guessing Resistance Trooper, OG Rey, and Visas/Hoda

Is Chex Mix the team of CLS, Han, Poa, Death and Chirrut? If so I need to get Poa and Chirrut from scratch, Death only needs the last two stars and gears levels

that's it tho? Two-teams? A lot more within reach than I thought.

And thanks for all the help

Jtr rt Rey r2 bb8
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    R2? They get by without a healer?
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Options
    Yep do 2-4mill without healer, bit easier if you have Visa though, less RNG.
  • Options
    You can get by without a healer if they are highly geared. An alternative team that does less damage, but is easier would be to put Hoda in place of Scav Rey. I usually run that team even though it does less damage because I don't have a lot of time to retreat and try again if something goes wrong.
    For P2, you can use a variety of teams, including the JTR team from P1, a team with AA, Leia and tanks, Boba (L) Sabine, GK, Thrawn and Wampa, FO team KRU, FOO, FOS, FOX and Kylo. (a lot more teams can do dmg in p2)
    For P3, the chex team, you can sub in Rex for Chirrut (if you need) and poggle/jka for pau although pau is the best choice. He doesn't need to be super geared, just enough to give his offense up buff.
    For P4, NS are the best team when DN and Sion are both up, you would need Ventress (L), Daka, Zombie, Talia and MT for the best results. You can run without zombie, but you won't get the huge dmg.
    Some guilds may take you with a lower GP as long as you get your 600 and are active in TW/TB and working towards your HSTR teams.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I'm definitely active, but I don't expect anyone to take me until I have a few HSTR teams because my GP is so low (unless I'm wrong and most Traya users don't have 2mil+ GP)

I'll shoot for JTR and Chex Mix first (I've got the resources to star chirrut and pau, gear everyone while I wait for JTR) and try to join while building other teams.

Thanks all!
  • Options
    Shhh... wait.

You need 2 full teams out of these 4.
    1. JTR,
    2. Thrawn-kenobi-wampa-sabine with one more, 3. Chex mix.
    4. NS.

Highest damage potential of those teams are in JTR and NS. You need to invest heavily in these teams tho. Wouldn't recommend. Not yet.

Easiest investment is chex mix and wampa's (assuming you have wampa and sabine quite developed already, atleast i did lol). Chex mix can do good damage as long as you have good off mods.

Now with that outta the way, you need to be able to complete TB special missions, and most combats to join a hstr guild. And that's the toughest part for a 1.5m gp player. GG. ;D
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I'm kinda closing in on IPD mission, but other than the basic Phoenix, TB specials are out of my reach. I can 6/6 one fight in the last stage DSTB, but don't really have another team

I'm 5 shards from a max Hoda, but Wampa isn't unlocked yet.

I'm still set on getting JTR and Chex Mix teams ready. Along the way my Imp troopers should be able to get IPD. JTR will be another solid team for LSTB and I'll have to find another DS team.

It'll still prolly be a minute until I can hope in a hstr guild, but i'll prolly be around 1.7mil instead of 2.5 thanks to everyone's advice.

NS will probably get put off for a while
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    JTR is no longer a hard requirement like she used to be. There are other teams now, that do well enough to do your share in phase 1 — mainly jedi.

To beconsidered ready fir hSTR, I'd aim for having one team for each phase:

JTR/jedi for phase 1+2.
    Leia machinegun team, GK with HY, Wampa and friends or similar for phase 2.
    Chex/Greedo Mix for phase 3.
    Asajj lead NS for phase 4.

With 4 x of the above teams you will be able to help a guild start farming hSTR. However, less will do, if you are accepted into a guild which already has hSTR on farm.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Regarding Chex/Greedo Mix:

Optimal moddings is required to make the team work. I'd suggest to investigate a bit to learn how to set up speed, turn order, offense and crit chance/damage for your team.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks waqui

Didn't know much about it before I started this thread, but I found some more info on Chex Mix. Didn't really read it considering I've got very far to go with Chirrut and Pao, but I'll be able to find how to mod them

I'll probably go for JTR or Jedi bc I haven't put much into my Jedi and JTR seems more useful. Hopefully by the time those two are ready I'll have a p2 team

I'll try to get in an HSTR guild once those 2-3 teams are done/almost done, then probably work on NS so I can do my fair share
  • dheneb
    17 posts Member
    Options
    I think most hstr guilds have it on farm honestly. In my guild we finish it in under 2 hrs with only around 30 participants. I would say to join a current hstr raid guild, ls/ds tb teams much more important, along with gp and g12 toons for territory wars. (My .02$)
  • Options
    I'm surprised No one here has mentioned the Trooper team. It can do a lot of damage in P2
  • Options
    I'm surprised No one here has mentioned the Trooper team. It can do a lot of damage in P2

Highest i've seen is 1.5m with g12 troops. My own g11 one does 500k with a lot of effort, can't see it working much better. You got better comps?
  • Yawansumame
    12 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Most guilds that are doing hsith won't touch you because you have little else to offer the guild. Those guilds are fully participating... All day long and in all events with vigor. You have to have toons for tb, you have to be able to post defenses in tw and you must be able to beat others in tw. If you get picked up in a guild like that, you will be booted quickly for lack of help for the guild. Just keep growing. You need a lot more to be considered. I wish you the best. As for teams, jtr, scav Rey, rt, r2, bb8 - phase 1. Troopers, fully loaded Phoenix squad, palp lead, dn, ds, GK and gat can easily get you 2%. The last team I posted can do it all in one run if they are geared - phase 2. Chex mix, rolo teams, greedy teams. All geared of course - phase 3. And if course, NSs for dn in phase 4. Then just kitchen sink as the rest fall easily. We normally finish the raid in a couple hours. Good luck!
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    that's fair and a concern of mine. I'm hoping JTR, Chex Mix, IPD earning Imp troopers are enough to let me slide in and then I can focus on more TB stuff. Maybe it'll happen, maybe it won't

Are you guys saying I should just try to get TB teams together instead of HSTR teams? JTR will still be valuable, but I'll need to work on Rouge One, Pheonix, and probably a team who can 6/6 on the last stage. Troopers, Bounty Hunters, and I don't even know who can 6/6 on the last DS stage. I currently use Palp, DN, Sion, Tarkin, Thrawn, and I usually only get hit once or twice. Undergeared Tarkin usually lives. Who else can do well in the last phase? NS? Troopers? BH? FO?

And I'll need to work on Ships to if I'm trying to get TB ready.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    HK666 wrote: »
    that's fair and a concern of mine. I'm hoping JTR, Chex Mix, IPD earning Imp troopers are enough to let me slide in and then I can focus on more TB stuff. Maybe it'll happen, maybe it won't

Are you guys saying I should just try to get TB teams together instead of HSTR teams? JTR will still be valuable, but I'll need to work on Rouge One, Pheonix, and probably a team who can 6/6 on the last stage. Troopers, Bounty Hunters, and I don't even know who can 6/6 on the last DS stage. I currently use Palp, DN, Sion, Tarkin, Thrawn, and I usually only get hit once or twice. Undergeared Tarkin usually lives. Who else can do well in the last phase? NS? Troopers? BH? FO?

And I'll need to work on Ships to if I'm trying to get TB ready.

Tb ready and gp is essential if you want a guild that has hsr on farm. If you want a guild thats 100 million + and a has a real hope of doing hsr soon you need 2 fully maxed teams which is much easier but you dont know if they are really ready or just telling you thry are ready.

Also dont go for nightsisters. Yes they are an easy way to get hsr points but not guild needs them. Many guilds close to hsr dont count nightsisiters as a hsr team when theybrequire two hsr teams to join the guild.
  • Options
    It depends on what kind of guild you join. If you join a guild that is about to beat HSTR or has just done so then your HSTR teams will be more appreciated and they will want you.
    If you join a guild that has HSTR on farm then they will not care for your HSTR teams and they will look at your TB/TW stuff.
    So if you do work on HSTR teams try to look for a guild that is on the verge of doing heroic or has just started doing it.
  • Options
    Something not to overlook - gear levels. Ive learnt it the hard way.
    I have 4 perfect hsr teams all 7 star g9+ and...theyre bad. G9-g10 is not enough for anything. You need at least 3 golden in all teams and the rest at g11 - and thats not to lead the scoreboard, but to do the minimum expected.
  • Mr_Wasnidge
    16 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    You're mid-game looking to jump to end game... admirable, but not usually very practical.

Early game is about building the pillars to the point of acquiring legendary toons and beating challenges / events and tuning one team for each arena.

Mid game is about maximizing rewards all around. This is when you get those hero toons worked up and start earing ROLO and IPD shards. Finding a HAAT farming guild that will take you on as early as possible helps, but once you are strong in HAAT and solo capable in HPit, sometimes moving to a younger, but ambitious, guild helps to reap more rewards as they will lean on you to lead those and, in exchange, feed you tickets. Although TW/TB rewards will drop, as will the STR tier you're running, being in the top 3 in every raid can more than make up for that... especially since you dont have to drop too far in guild GP to go from the bottom to the top of your guild in raids. It also helps if your ROLO and IPD are starred up (not absolutely necessary) or if you can hit high enough in fleet arena to get a Zeta most days from Fleet tokens.

The key to mid game is multi purpose builds. Troopers, for example, work well in TW to take down many former meta teams and take care of certain events. They are needed in DSTB. They will help in STR, and are not useless in HSTR... Bounty hunters are needed for TB, with Embo out, they are a very viable HSTR squad, have their own event and do very well in TW. zFinn resistance make excellent offense in TW and TB, BB8 and RT and R2 or Scav Rey will go on to form the 3/5 Of a JTR squad until Visas is ready... they work well with R2 for P2 HAAT... and they can often climb past difficult teams on offense in the arena as long as you swap them out at the end of your run. NS work in different phases of HSTR, to varying degrees, depending on the toons chosen and the lead used. They do well in DSTB, TW under Talzin, Asaaj is part of the team that solos from 30% left in p2 to the end of HAAT.

Essentially, during the mid game, farm whoever gives the most return on investment.
  • Options
    I have 4 perfect hsr teams all 7 star g9+ and...theyre bad. G9-g10 is not enough for anything. You need at least 3 golden in all teams and the rest at g11 - and thats not to lead the scoreboard, but to do the minimum expected.

False.

chqqj26e64z5.png

Don't worry about gear levels. Worry about mods though.

For chex mix, g9 cuts it for 3 other than han and cls(need to be g12).

In ns, all can be g11. Nothing lower though.

For JTR, it's the most investment heavy team(so that's my least favourite too). Can probably do 2m with g11/10 though, with only lead zeta.

P2 is the only place where gear needs to be gold pretty much (even there i run g11 characters and get 2.5 :V).

And all that, *cumulatively* will net you more than average tbh. But most hstr guilds have lower half just posting 0 now haha. Might as well improve you tb performance for getting into a hstr guild. ;D
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I mean, I wasn't going to get these guys starred and just not gear them

@Mr_Wasnidge I didn't really know whether to consider myself midgame or endgame, and I was really inefficient early-game so I had to spend a lot of time at level 85 getting teams I should of grabbed earlier. And I wasn't in a good guild for far too long, which is why GK is only 5 stars or something.

I think I'll stay in my guild until I jump us because I can place high in Pit (most of us can solo it, but most of them don't wanna put the effort in) and we similarly have like 12 players in Haat- I can't beat most of them cuz I don't have any proven teams, yet the damage I do put out gets me top 10

I stopped farming whoever gave the most investment... I think about when I got the JTR reqs mostly ready, and I've still been farming Vet Chewie still. I've put a little too much to guys like SiM, Sass, and other toons that just don't put out as much.

I really appreciate your advice, and I'd like to ask how you think I adjust my farms

I'm currently

Energy- Sion, Veers, Visas, Resistance Trooper --Sion's almost done, Veers is too. Stopped farming Vandor bc I don't see a proven use

Cantina Energy- Vet Chewie, With Death and Snow after. Snow at 6* and Death is 5* (or six, but prolly five)

Cantina Store- Pao

Guild Store- Stark + Young Han (thinking about switching to one at a time so it'll go a lil faster) not getting any gear

Arena Store- Greedo + Shards

Fleet- Fulcrum, GG, Chirrut.... I've got about 30k material that I'm holding onto for a zeta spending spree

I'm going to jump around from gearing the JTR, Imp troopers, and Chex Mix teams

good plan or nah?
  • Options

False.

chqqj26e64z5.png

For JTR, it's the most investment heavy team(so that's my least favourite too). Can probably do 2m with g11/10 though, with only lead zeta.

P2 is the only place where gear needs to be gold pretty much (even there i run g11 characters and get 2.5 :V).

And all that, *cumulatively* will net you more than average tbh. But most hstr guilds have lower half just posting 0 now haha. Might as well improve you tb performance for getting into a hstr guild. ;D

Lol. Youre posting a pic to show that g11 is not needed, with a g12 and 3 g11s in it? :D
    Also, why the hell would you need cls to be g12? What you need from him, is his lead ability to counter..
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options

False.

chqqj26e64z5.png

Lol. Youre posting a pic to show that g11 is not needed, with a g12 and 3 g11s in it? :D
    Also, why the hell would you need cls to be g12? What you need from him, is his lead ability to counter..

The previous poster said every team needs at least 3 gold (ie g12). He is saying less can work.

As to cls in chex you need to kill a sabre with han shoots first and cls's special. You dont need g12 to do that but it avoids rng if all 3 attacks fail to crit.
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Options

False.

chqqj26e64z5.png

Also, this is a picture of paper zombie. Aren't they about to "fix" that phenomenon soon?
  • Options
    As others have already stated it really depends on the guild you join. If they already have hstr on easy farm, they don’t need you to have any teams. In fact, those types of guilds would probably prefer people who don’t do great in the raid so that the people who worked hard within the guild to get them to the point that it was on farm can continue to get top 10. Those types of guilds are looking for people who can contribute to getting extra stars in TB and doing better in TW, which with a 1.5m gp is probably not going to be you. Sorry if that sounds harsh. I don’t mean that to be mean in any way at all, just stating the reality.

The second type of guild, which is probably going to be more up your alley, is the guild right on the cusp of getting hstr on farm or just recently got it on farm. Those types of guilds typically are looking for people people with good squads for phases 2 and 3. Most guilds on the cusp of getting hstr on farm have plenty of p1 squads and enough nightsister squads for p4, but where they struggle a bit is p2 and p3. So you want a few good teams for p2, like fo, Machine Gun Leia, Bastila Jedi, etc. There are a lot of viable p2 teams. For p3 you can help the most with a strong Chex Mix or Bounty Hunter Greedo squad.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    thanks for the info.

I know I can't bring much to the TB/TW table. I know I can get some of the TB teams ready, but to me troopers seem like the only worthwhile team at my level. Phoenix doubles for Chimera and is raid worthy (as far as I know), so maybe them, but I don't see it for R1 and BH, even tho the latter one is pretty good, Imp troopers and BH do some of the same stuff

However, that's assuming I'm joining a guild that has it on farm. I've got no problem contributing, or I guess having my contribution needed, to the raid. I'm already set on getting JTR and Chex Mix. So I'll see how close I am to a p2 team after everything else. Also, isn't JTR good for p2
  • Options
    Jtr is good in all phases. Problem is, you need jtr + a few other teams (p2 and p3) to actually provide what guilds need. 1 jtr squad isnt cutting hstr unless there are really massive whalrs in that guild already to make up for it.