"Balance the force" Jedi upgrade

Not complaining at all, but I was noticing that Sith squads are fairly superior to Jedi squads of equal level/gear/mods/etc.

I was trying to think of a way to "balance the force" with this, and I remembered that a huge part of Jedi training is deflecting ranged attacks. Wouldn't it be cool if all, or most, Jedi got a new deflection skill?

This skill could deflect blaster shots and possibly even some force lightning attacks. The skill itself at maximum training could be something like an 80% chance to deflect an attack from a blaster with a 30% chance to deal the damage back to the attacking enemy. Something like that, maybe? I don't know the mechanics of the game engine itself, so I don't know if it would be possible, but it's just an idea of a way to balance the force between Jedi and Sith. Thanks for reading and your consideration.

Replies

• Options
    Already thought about this too. A unique called "Blaster reflection". Would be a nice hard counter to Han solo or troopers.

GM Yoda could be even better against dooku and EP.
  • Options
    I think at the very least, artistically, this should be addressed. Any time a Jedi dodges, he should be deflecting the attack with his lightsaber. It would actually make “foresight” make sense and look cool.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    If anything, they could add it onto all Jedi, similar to how the Bounty Hunters have contracts.
    Maybe not as op as deflecting blaster shots but maybe something like in tune with the force or hightened force senses, and have them a %evasion bonus or something
    Post edited by Seku on
  • Options
    I really agree with everything said in this thread. Hey Developers! This is actually a great idea, hopefully you can do something with it.
  • Options
    The problem with this suggestion is that it would require so much coding in the form of defining which types of attacks can get deflected and which cannot. It's a lot of work. It would make more sense to use the existing mechanics to "simulate" deflection. Something like, "whenever an enemy attack is dodged due to foresight, "X" has a 50% chance to counter."
  • Options
    I like the idea that requires extra coding. It would show a level of commitment to the Star Wars legacy that the game deserves, instead of taking a short-cut to save time. George Lucas didn't take short cuts, he went above and beyond to present Star Wars on a level of special effects that had never been achieved before.

Anyways...
    Luke Skywalker's first training with a lightsaber was deflecting little blaster shots from training droids in Episode IV.

Quigon Jin and young Obiwan used deflection against the droids on the Trade Federation cruiser in Episode I.

We didn't get to see Anakin's initial training, but he was definitely using deflection in Episode II.
    Also, hundreds of Jedi were using deflection in the arena on Geonosis in Episode II.

All the Jedi, if I remember correctly, used blaster deflection with their lightsabers in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

Ezra Bridger's first training with a lightsaber was deflecting rocks thrown by Chopper.

The point is, deflection with a lightsaber is a BASIC skill all Jedi learn and use extensively. It shouldat least be considered to be added into this game for all Jedi.
  • Options
    Cool idea. But the Sith can deflect blasters as well. Something along the lines of increased tenacity, crit avoidance, counter chance, etc versus Sith would be more realistic. And increased deflection chance versus ranged characters by like 10%,but take 1% more damage from ranged attacks of all sources.
  • Options
    I really wish they would just go through a lot of the crappy characters and just make simple upgrades that require little testing and don’t change the game that much. For example, let’s take a look at Mace. Is there any reason we couldn’t do the following:

-Bump his protection up from 21k to 35k at G12
    - Change his expose chance from 45% to 100%
    - Bump his TM gain on hitting an exposed enemy from 25% to 45%. Maybe make it only during his turn to prevent possible loop mechanics now or in the future.
    - Reduce cooldown of Smite from 3 to 2 and increase base damage from 8.2k to 10.2k
    - Change invincible assault to recover 100% of damage dealt as Protection if under 100% health. Increase base damage from 4.9k to 5.9k

There we go, I just spent 3 minutes and drastically improved Mace and made him into a character that might actually by playable under a Revan or Bastila lead. It shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes to play a few battles and confirm it’s not too much. It doesn’t change the meta or the end game that much, but it gives us another playable character for TB/TW or whatever that is actually useable.

Let’s scale some of these guys up to compensate for power creep.
  • Options
    Anakin ideas

Add stagger to his primary attack if the target is not buffed.

Remove potential for self detrimental effect on his special ability.& add a Zeta: If Ashoka or General Kenobi are present they are called to assist on the primary target. Grant Ashoka, Anakin, and General Kenobi protection up 5% per critical hit for 2 rounds.

• Options
    Mace ought to have 100% counter chance as well. And +25% or so counter damage versus Sith.

The self expose on Anakin needs to be taken away entirely. If it needs a negative result for balance, have him self-inflicted cc/cd/offense down for a turn

Jedi Master/Apprentice duos need synergies as well