Which mode is most important for rewards?

JohnLove11
153 posts Member
edited August 2018
So at the moment i am level 78. Due to a long period of absence after hitting around level 55, i am now not very competitive in a few areas, including arena (around rank 650, about 400 currency), i am unable to do big damage in the Raids, i barely make a contribution in Territory war. I am doing good with my ships (i think) and currently average around rank 80 which gets me around 1250 fleet currency. I am also able to complete GW (pretty much)each day thanks to farming Phoenix to 7*.

Which of these do people consider the most important in terms of rewards? And which of them should i aim to improve in and how? Currently i have just been building up my empire team after getting Thrawn and Palp at 6* and ignoring everyone else

Link to my swgohgg: https://swgoh.gg/u/johnlove/collection/

Thank you!

Replies

• GW is my main source of income and quite often purple ability mats. That increases a bit after level 80.

I only have two solid teams for TW and a poorly thrown together team for low end fights/cleanup jobs. That's just something that builds up over time.

With regards to raids, well you'll start improving steadily once you start throwing omegas on toons etc. Aside from STR which is hot garbage at any level of play.

Once you get past 80 it gets a little better. Mind you then zetas start rearing their heads.

You'll pretty much have to rely on the shard store and guild store for gear as raid rewards are roll of the dice, along with some farming from nodes

The game is basically breaking through a wall only to find there's a bigger, thicker wall, on the other side.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Crystals are the most valuable currency in the game still. With a steady high income, you can improve your roster faster. Your first goal should be to reach 150 crystals a day, which is quite easy (GW and daily challenges and login rewards net you almost 100 on average alone). 150 crystals will buy you 3 energy refreshes. Anything higher will make you able to buy gear as well from shipments, or buy even more refreshes to farm gear and characters faster.

Reaching top—500 in arena doesn't improve your crystal income buy much, but every little bit helps. If you can build a team to reach top—200 in squad arena and/or top—50 in fleet arena, you will begin to feel the improvement.

So.... don't ignore your pilots while farming your new arena team. Keep farming rebel ships to unlock Chimaera next time the event happens. Biggs is great for this. Also farm TFP. His ship is great, he works well under EP lead in arena (until you get access to Sion and Nihilus) and he will help you unlock R2D2 (your 4 other empire toons are more or less ready). JC's ship works quite well on offense, will help you promote Home One and farming JC doesn't interfere with other farming.

Don't farm specificaly for TW. That will just postpone and slow down other more important farming (various legendary and heroic characters).

Your scoundrels seem a bit underwhelming. Make sure, that you have a scoundrel team that can do the highest tear of credit heist available to you at your level. Credits ate another important currency to level and promote your characters.

Make sure that your guild does heroic Rancor and preferably also heroic AAT raids as well. In a 49 mill. GP guild, I guess you already do both. Make sure that your guild has high activity level and raids each raid at least twice a week. Don't farm specificaly for those raids just yet. Some of the usual priority farms, however, do well in the raids already, and that will do for now (EP, Thrawn, TFP, CLS etc.).
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    .... and being able to finish the zeta ability mat challenge, once you get access to it, should be a priority too. It requires executrix and ships at 5*.
  • Priority 1 is the max level of the credit heist. 2 is ships for the zeta mat challenge. Once you have both of these unlocked you can start to work on whatever the new arena meta is at that point. Empire are good now but most of the new toons coming out are aimed at ending their dominance.
  • I agree with @Waqui here. Crystals are the most important resource. Early game they will help you level up faster and late game they will be a valuable source of buying gear/shards from shipments. Personally; I found fleet arena to be much easier to do well in than squad arena. I've been taking 1st in my shard at my payout for the last 3-4 weeks now which gets me 400 crystals a day. I get 100 from squad and 100ish from GW/dailies which gives me about 600 a day. I can spend on refreshes to speed up farms and save some for shipments. Energy for hard node farms is vital at any stage of the game as they are the longest farms and being able to get max attempts every day will accelerate those Sion/nihlus farms.

Looking at your characters; I'd say you have a good base to start building a core fleet and I'd look at building a scoundrel team that can clear the highest level of credit heist available. You can build an empire team with Tarkin, Vader, Tie fighter Pilot, Thrawn and Palp. 3 of those characters will also be immediately useful in fleet with Thrawn becoming useful there later. Boba is a great Scoundrel to start with and also has a good ship for fleet, Storm Trooper Han makes a decent early game Scoundrel tank and is needed for CLS. Phoenix have great ships for fleet and you have Biggs already too. I'd honestly look at developing those areas and concentrating on bringing in crystals and credit for now.
  • @Waqui has some great advice. It might make sense to focus on fleet since it now offers crystal rewards and seems to be less competitive in most places than squad arena. Dark Side ships to be able to meet the zeta challenge are also very useful. TW comes with time. Even some people with 3M GP rosters have trouble contributing to GW because it there aren't enough good mods to go around to set useful offensive or defensive teams, even with the right gear and toons.
  • Arena
  • JohnLove11 wrote: »
    Which mode is most important for rewards?
    All of them!!! :D

Actually I am serious. In order to progress as quickly as possible you need to be participating in as much content as possible on a daily basis.

Needless to say this creates conflicts in the allocation of your limited resources. Build up multi-use characters where you can and prioritize the rest.

There is no perfect answer but there is always room for improvement.
  • In order, I’d say fleet arena is the best since it’s usually a bit easier to stay in the top ranks there compared to squad arena, you get crystals, and you can buy zetas when you don’t need any more ships.
    Next is squad arena for crystals.
    Then territory wars, which give zetas, omegas, and gear
    After that, territory battles for gear and crystals (if you score high enough)
    Then raids for gear and legendary characters
    Galactic war gives credits and crystals
    And mod challenges, DS, LS, Cantina, and Fleet battles give mods, gear, and characters. They’re on the bottom just because they take longer. But the poster who said everything is needed has a point. They’re all useful and needed. Still, that would be my order of importance.
  • Gear for crystals just seems like such a horrible deal. I've never bought any and can't find the value there...

3 refreshes of cantina and regular energy is always my priority as far as crystals. I'm using all my guild tokens and get for gear, and often use galactic war to buy shards to buy shard shop gear cause gw store is full of garbage.

Your dailies give you 165 crystals. Bare minimum complete them every day you play.

Getting into a fun active guild is important. Even if you don't help much, you can reap rewards from the guild. Getting to use your guild mates g12 cls is fun for the higher tier challenges. Farming sion and Baze cause I 3* those nodes thanks to cls.

Arenas are useful for the crystals but way overblown. Other game modes are more fun imo. Focus on where you enjoy playing and where can help you farm the characters you want to use.
  • thedrjojo wrote: »
    Gear for crystals just seems like such a horrible deal. I've never bought any and can't find the value there...

3 refreshes of cantina and regular energy is always my priority as far as crystals. I'm using all my guild tokens and get for gear, and often use galactic war to buy shards to buy shard shop gear cause gw store is full of garbage.

Your dailies give you 165 crystals. Bare minimum complete them every day you play.

Getting into a fun active guild is important. Even if you don't help much, you can reap rewards from the guild. Getting to use your guild mates g12 cls is fun for the higher tier challenges. Farming sion and Baze cause I 3* those nodes thanks to cls.

Arenas are useful for the crystals but way overblown. Other game modes are more fun imo. Focus on where you enjoy playing and where can help you farm the characters you want to use.

Caveat might be my toons are primarily g8, with my ep, thrawn, and Vader g10, dn, gmt, and Ezra g9, so maybe when you are looking at g11-12 toons it might be better value.
  • When you get toward end-game and have a decent crystal income from better Arena and Fleet Arena payouts, it makes a lot more sense to buy gear with crystals. For example, I buy the 20 stun gun salvage for 520 crystals pretty much every time it pops up in shipments, which is usually every other day.