Quests, a failed feature of the game

I have not completed more than 3 quests since they were incorporated into the game. Nobody seems to be doing them at least not actively.

People are not got to play a weak battle when they can sim it and no matter what you say to convince me otherwise, you know it's true cause you probably don't bother to do it yourself either.

I have never seen content being implemented so poorly in a game before, literally 80% of the community isn't even worried about doing them. The rewards are awful and basically provide no incentive to do them. But even if they did they are so long and nasty that people would still not do them. Simply let's say that to complete these quests you would have increase playing time by at least a few hundred %. Which is unrealistic and makes no sense.

Fix quests, make them shorter, more meaningful and easier, but not too easy, to aquire. Make sure that they reward people who use certain factions very often and get rid of those specific faction kill requirements or at least lower them by a ton.

I've yet to find purpose in doing those quests and that's just an indicator of a poorly added feature. The whole system needs a rework and you need to listen to the community.

Replies

• It's just another grind for the sake of grinding really. Going out of my way to murder Jawas and Tuskens isn't going to happen any time soon, not for 3 wicket shards anyway.

Nor am I doing 20 mod battles (yet, with the mod changes soon it may be doable) when I can be getting 5 dots from the challenges.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Stop prioritising it. It's supposed to be that, not to be done actively. Don't like it? Ignore it.
    It's something for the laaaaaate-game players to do when they run out of things to do in-game.

But someone will always complain, what do we know lol.
  • Im with the op in the sense that it was a similar big error CG made comparable to all the disastrous 'improvements' in the past half year (str, str rewards, fleetminus2, acolyte nerf..) to spend a lot of resources on imppementing something that noone does. Why waste these on that on things that the average player doesnt play? Utter waste.
    The part where I disagtee with op is that I think its a resource waste already, so the last thing I want is for CG to put even more effort into such a dead end. Leave it as it is - and learn from it for thr future. Do things that the community wants, and not something thaz an overly creative aet student trainee comes up with.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Who said they are supposed to be quick? Didnt they say the opposite?
    9weaaxesod7i.jpg
    They are not meant to be rushed, if you want to you can try, but it's not necessary because they are a vanity item, they dont have any affect in game.

If you dont like them, dont do them, they dont hurt you.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    9weaaxesod7i.jpg
    They are not meant to be rushed, if you want to you can try, but it's not necessary because they are a vanity item, they dont have any affect in game.

Yes, thats a key difference compared to the other failures. You can just ignore quests. And I bet 99% of the players do exactly that.
    So again, was it worth spending game developer efforts on something that 99% of the players simply ignore?
    Can you possibly not think of any other area of the game that if improved, would lead to the enjoyment of more players?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    9weaaxesod7i.jpg

Yes, thats a key difference compared to the other failures. You can just ignore quests. And I bet 99% of the players do exactly that.
    So again, was it worth spending game developer efforts on something that 99% of the players simply ignore?
    Can you possibly not think of any other area of the game that if improved, would lead to the enjoyment of more players?

Your opinion does not equal 99% of the player base.
  • I like some like the raid ones
  • Stop prioritising it. It's supposed to be that, not to be done actively. Don't like it? Ignore it.
    It's something for the laaaaaate-game players to do when they run out of things to do in-game.

Read. I'm not prioritizing or trying to do any quests. That's the problem, there's no incentive, they are purposeless, a fail
  • The only fail is this thread.
  • The sith raid is a major fail, so this thread is not the only.

Read. I'm not prioritizing or trying to do any quests. That's the problem, there's no incentive, they are purposeless, a fail

No offence but how far are you in the game? What is your gp like? If it's below 3m gp, i don't think quests are *necessarily* meant for you.

If you are above that, i apologise that you don't find them interesting, at the very least. :D

No offence but how far are you in the game? What is your gp like? If it's below 3m gp, i don't think quests are *necessarily* meant for you.

If you are above that, i apologise that you don't find them interesting, at the very least. :D

2.7 and they are absolutely not interesting
  • I like them. It's a neat thing to work towards now that we have HSTR on farm. Because they don't have any real impact on my gameplay, I can work towards them without anxiety. If I have to pause progress, I'm totally cool with that.

Seems a strange thing to get worked up about.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    They said from the get go that the prestigious quests were purely for the vanity of the individual player. Just a title to display saying "look, I managed to do/persevered with this". That's supposed to be the reward.

I've got Fulcrum, Sith Agent and Jedi Knight just rumbling away in the background, will start bounty hunters when one of those is done. Not actively pursuing them, but when I get close to a part of the achievement I'll work to finish it off.

Finished all the other small quests, and those rewards weren't terrible for fairly little effort.

With regards to playing weak battles, enter, hit auto, repeat 30 seconds later. Fills in part of a commute or whilst waiting for arena attempts to come off cooldown.

Don't like the quests, fair enough. As you said you don't have to do them. I don't think they were a waste of Dev time, I'm sure people are putting an effort into achieving them.
  • Clam down bro. Try to enjoy yourself, it's a game. If you don't like the quests, then don't do them. Fun for me, none for you.

I am two steps from claiming the Jedi Knight title, which I am pretty happy about since my Jedi were pretty sad when I started. Would like to pursue Jedi Master but the QGJ Squad Arena requirement looks pretty daunting.
  • With Bastilla that QGJ in Arena challenge will become much easier.

I think the difficulty vs. rewards for the quests missed the mark. The whole idea was to have something lower than the Achievements, that are easier to obtain, but a lot of these are going to be much much harder, and the rewards on the way to the final prestigious title are abysmal. Either the quest lines need to be shorter/easier for each stage, or the rewards need to be increased.

Most of these will happen eventually just by playing, but I'm not really diverting much effort towards them. I was manually doing extra marquee events and GW tables when I had time with my bounty hunters to get the contract completion count up, but now I'm limited by Wampas, so pretty much just waiting on territory battles to happen to get wampa kills.

I agree, quests missed the mark of what they should be about, but I highly doubt it is very high on the CG To Do list of things to update.
  • I wish they had them for literally every character and had it apply to arena and TW only (player vs player modes). And make the rewards really good, with less desirable characters getting the best rewards.

For example, have something like heal for 1 million/5 million/10 million HP in arena/TW with Jedi Consular. Reward 1/3/5 zeta pieces for doing it.

Have that for 150 characters or whatever we are at now and arena will become fun again. We will all be trying to see what combinations we can win with while using unique characters, and arena will become more diverse.
  • Maybe the rewards aren't really great but it's free. For me personally it's more about the achievement than rewards. I'm a gamer since my childhood and I love to achieve something difficult or something that takes a long time.