Hard Nodes, Ships 2.0, and Stars and Gear.

CG I understand you have to make the money to keep the game running. That being said whatever you set the rng at for hard nodes is abmyssal. 10 runs ona hard node and not 1 shard. Its even worse on the nodes that offed a ship and toon shard.

I dont expect a shard every drop but this is getting ridiculous. Out of the basic 5 run on a hard node over past week on 3 different toons I netted a total of 4 toons. This is not counting the extra 5 I buy from frustration when I dont even get 1 shard out of 5 runs. This is really driving me to stop buying energy refreshes and save them for cantina refreshes.

Ever since ships 2.0 I dropped from 50 to 100 to barely making the 200s. The one thing I noticed is the huge amount of 4 and 5 star capital ships. Sure you could chalk it up to players not having the ships to complete the challenges to level up the capital ship. That is until you see these same guys running 5 and 6 star fleets. So the challenges to level up the capital ships shouldnt be a problem.

I watched a YT video thay says now it pays to have your capital ship at lower stars. I mean this is the biggest baddest ship yet my 6 star exec is weaker then a 4 star home one. My tarkin is also g10. I got owned by a 130k 4 star home one led team of 130k and I am usually sitting between 170k to 180k depending on the ships. Whatever hidden nerfs were put in place has **** the fun out of fleet for me. Right now as long as I can maintain my 1k fleet rewards for my zeta investments. I have disengaged from fleet anything atm excluding the grueling daily challenges.

I have a 5 star G11 Sion and it wont allow me to place gear saying he has to be 6 stars before it can be placed. I understand this and felt that it wasn't that bothersome. This was right up until I saw a Zeta on a 3 star Bastila. If gear is held back by star level then so should Zetas. It is a trump ability of the same caliber as having a full G11 or G12 set. This is wrong and the arguements that abilities aren't tied to stars doesnt apply here since we are talking about Zetas which are above beyond regular abilities.

Any response about any of this @CG_TopHat

Replies

• Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Having a slower capital ship gives the advantage of countering their reinforcement, but late game maxed ships, the slower capital ship is at a disadvantage because of how quickly ships die.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The drop rates have been tested by players and shown to be 30% on average. Small sample size is not going to show this average.

The game is a grind, dont let it get to you. Make a plan and execute, you will get there.
  • That's a lie, you will literally never get there. By the time you get anywhere, you'll be even farther behind the people who were already there, because they're getting better rewards than you.
  • Sounds like you just have a bad rng week on you hard node, but drop rate is acceptable on average for them.

As far as fleet it sounds like you just don't know what you're doing if you get your butt kicked by so many different opponents. Maybe you should try a different fleet configuration. Before the rework i was stuck over 50 in my shard because i didn't have the old meta fleet. But in ships 2.0 I'm top 3 every day. There is not a single fleet in my shard that my fleet cannot best, and it appears that many others in my shards also have a fleet that can pretty much win against anyone.

So there is nothing wrong with ships 2.0 in fact it's fantastic improvement over the old ships and that stale old meta.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    The attacking player in ships has always and will always have the advantage. My ships are currently at 290,000 gp and I reguarly beat teams that are around 340,000 gp. Just because you have a higher go it doesn't garentee you a win on either offense of defense.
  • They make so much money it's unreal... Ships 2.0 was to make people like me fall back... We can't even use all the abilities or we lose to moff that has first attack
  • Almost 600 mil in profit to do the same battles... Why do you think battle front failed... This game is already made and charge you like $1000 to get a new toon maxed. Or 7 months of free to play
  • My 300,000 ship squad losses to 250 k because there is no time to use ability... Focus on attack only. As far as shards go... How much real money is it for 1200 gems? Then only get 7 toon shards from the pack... Or 2500 gems for the ship pack????? All garbage...spend $500 on this game and I bet you never Max a single toon, think about that
  • Has anyone ever got more than 50 shards from a pack??? Ever... Better chance to win mega millions
  • Better off as a time killer game... I was top 30 squad and now 200... #4 ships now go from 30-7 daily... Less is not more...it's a way for them to make money... I have $300 in it.. will never spend another dime
  • Warp3dM1nd
    149 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    The drop rates have been tested by players and shown to be 30% on average. Small sample size is not going to show this average.

The game is a grind, dont let it get to you. Make a plan and execute, you will get there.

I saw that post and even linked it to my guilds discord. Maybe it is bad rng or maybe irs not. I'm wondering if someone analzyed the shard drops for a year (which of course wont happen but it did happen in the dragon age game and the gamers proved the developers were lying and caused a massive cluster flub). Its easy to chalk it up to rng but developers can also put in stuff to purposefully make the rng worse. I hope that isnt the case but drops on hard nodes have steadily gotten worse for me.

Sounds like you just have a bad rng week on you hard node, but drop rate is acceptable on average for them.

As far as fleet it sounds like you just don't know what you're doing if you get your butt kicked by so many different opponents. Maybe you should try a different fleet configuration. Before the rework i was stuck over 50 in my shard because i didn't have the old meta fleet. But in ships 2.0 I'm top 3 every day. There is not a single fleet in my shard that my fleet cannot best, and it appears that many others in my shards also have a fleet that can pretty much win against anyone.

So there is nothing wrong with ships 2.0 in fact it's fantastic improvement over the old ships and that stale old meta.
    Then explain why in my shard people are running 4 usually some 5 star capitals while sporting 6 star ships all the way through. Tarkins ability block aoe MAY actually block 1 ship most of the time none. Im level 85 and have a decent grasp of mechanics and if I dont I ask my guild mates who been playing far longer then me. Alot of them have reported the same they have more issues facing a low star capital with 6 star ships then a 6 or 7 star capital with te same ships. That makes absolutely no sense.

Any nobody answered why it is right to put gear restrictions based of stars but yet allow a toon with 3 stars to have a Zeta. Im sorry but it doesnt wash for me. While they are abilities they add an extreme advantage to the team having zeta equipped toons. So I see no reason if gear is restricted by level then zetas should as well. They should 5 or 6 stars before being alllowed to put a zeta on a toon.

@CJ_TopHat @CG_RyDiggs or anybody CJ
  • I have only been playing since January. I am in a great guild with friendly and knowledgeable people. Everyone in my guild pretty much feel the shard drops have gotten worse and worse since they started. The ship battles are the worst. You spend 100 energy and don't get 1 shard. Then of course you have to wait till the next day to try again. Everything is made to be so hard so you take the easy route and buy what you need if you can. Money doesn't come so easy for me. Capitalism at it's best...hahaha! **** capitalism! I just want to play a game without having to spend 100.00 a month to get where I want to be so I will go it the slow route and maybe in a year I will have cls palp and bastilla Shan and lots more rimmed in gold with zetas all around. Happy gaming all!
  • Warp3dM1nd
    149 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    nikki51964 wrote: »
    I have only been playing since January. I am in a great guild with friendly and knowledgeable people. Everyone in my guild pretty much feel the shard drops have gotten worse and worse since they started. The ship battles are the worst. You spend 100 energy and don't get 1 shard. Then of course you have to wait till the next day to try again. Everything is made to be so hard so you take the easy route and buy what you need if you can. Money doesn't come so easy for me. Capitalism at it's best...hahaha! **** capitalism! I just want to play a game without having to spend 100.00 a month to get where I want to be so I will go it the slow route and maybe in a year I will have cls palp and bastilla Shan and lots more rimmed in gold with zetas all around. Happy gaming all!

My guild me also agree the drop rates for shards on hard nodes have steadily lessened. I belive it was done slowly so we wouldn't notice it right away until it reached this breaking point. Its the same as going nose deaf after smelling something for so long until finally you wake up one day to an overwhelming stench and wonder how it got so far. Im sorry but statistics from the PAST 6 months or whatever dont wash and dont apply to the here and now. Something has changed for the worse and if its to try and make me invest in these new toons they are in for a rude awakening. I do spend a decent sum on here but not on new toons because I dont have that kind of money.

The ship drop rates are even worse. The gods must have smiled on you if you actually get a ship shard or one of the upper gear to drop. Hard enough even trying to get some of the common gear you need to make higher gear which is quite ridiculous. It's as if they are on a end run to milk as much money out or the game before it bottoms out which is sad.

STILL nobody has addressed me from the CG side why they think it is ok for a 3 star toon to be able to zeta their abilities while gearing is held up by stars. It makes no sense if your going to let 3 star toons drop zetas then take the gear restriction off. I cant put anymore gear on my Sion because it isnt 6 stars yet we can zeta away 2 to 4 star toons. Zetas should be limited to 5 star or higher since the buffs they give can be on par with g10 through g11 gear. Quit ignoring the question @CG_TopHat @CG_CMandellorian @CG_CapGaSP or any other CG would be fine with me. This is exactly why the community gets mad because you guys pick and choose when and what you will answer.