Please stop marquee events

I've been playing over 2 years in I hate the way this game has changed every thing know is about having at least 3 marquee characters in the store at every moment in thinking well at least we're doing reworks we're giving back something. I can already see you guys intend to keep doing this until you totally ruin the game and make every dollar you can that's y I'm asking PLEASE STOP. I really enjoy this game in i don't want you to waist all the time and money I've putt into this game by making people quit playing because they hate the way you guys are killing this game.

In ps for the people who think a legendary event is way over due I agree with u completely but I forecast this same trend all year so talking about Revan is 4 nothing why do u think they keep those post up in general discussion if they removed them that would let you know they have no intentions on having one in that would hurt the marquee events God knows they would never want that 2 happen

Replies

• Options
    Is this also unreadable for native English speakers?
  • Options
    Sorry English is my 2nd language tried the best I could
  • Options
    rdufield wrote: »
    Sorry English is my 2nd language tried the best I could

No worries. As you pointed out, profit drives these decisions. So I wouldn't hold my breath until they change how they do things. Think of it this way. All those paying keep the game free for others :)
  • Options
    My biggest problem is if they can do 50 marquee characters a year know. Why can't they have 2 legendary events evey year so it makes this game exciting
  • Options
    rdufield wrote: »
    My biggest problem is if they can do 50 marquee characters a year know. Why can't they have 2 legendary events evey year so it makes this game exciting

My guess is when they do the math, it makes financial sense to do things the way they do. Legendary events push people to panic farm, and hopefully spend money. Same holds with Marquee events, they give us 3* heroes then sell us the shards to complete them.

• Options
    You're funding another EA corporate investor meeting by paying into this game. Just think how happy they'll be when they can get that extra bottle of champagne!

Seriously though, I'm not sure why we can't have more events like ghosts of dathomir or something. I got 25 shards of each Zombie and Spirit last time it was on for some reason.

I'm not sure what the quotas are for this game concerning revenue, but I have heard things like the game pulling in about 10 million last month alone. Couldn't source that figure but mobile apps (games in particular) are licences to print money

Marquees are an annoying tease though I will agree. If only they wouldn't keep ending up on hard nodes....
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I'd rather have those 50 free shards than not have the marquee events.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    They will stop soon. Even whales will get tired of buying so many new characters that they really dont care about

Nah, there is a sucker born every minute remember ???
  • Options
    I have rolled my eyes at the list also, but honestly, why do we care? I guess some feel compelled to have those heroes, but can't. Wanna know a secret? "There is always a bigger fish" QGJ. Just build your squads and focus on one at a time. Ignore the meta, ignore trends, only spend gems on energy refreshes, and gear. Let others keep the hamster wheel rolling.
  • Options
    Thanks 4 the feedback it makes me feel like I'm not alone. I'm really surprised they haven't pulled this post yet most of my comments only last 2 mins lol. It would mean so much to me if they would start giving so much more back because of the success there having. But that probably will never happen!
  • Options
    it'll happen. The way I see it is they're simply laying the groundwork for future legendary events. A lot of new movies and SW content has and is coming out and a lot of important characters haven't been released into the game.

As other's have pointed out, don't feel compelled to collect them all right away (I know it's hard I feel the same pressure). Favorite 3 or 4 characters that fit your goals and focus exclusively on them. You'll see more progress and have more fun without spending money. Promise.
  • Options
    I agree the Marque events are becoming too common. But in the end this game like everything in life is about dollar signs. They Release Marque characters only to put them in platoons in TB so you have to spend money to complete the platoons. It is a necessary evil; they have to make money to keep the game going. No one likes to work for free.

I would like to see them rework some other charters like Grevious and Mace.
    Mace Windu for the best saber duelist in the Order his power in game is severely lacking.
  • Options
    DeeOhGee wrote: »
    I agree the Marque events are becoming too common. But in the end this game like everything in life is about dollar signs. They Release Marque characters only to put them in platoons in TB so you have to spend money to complete the platoons. It is a necessary evil; they have to make money to keep the game going. No one likes to work for free.

I would like to see them rework some other charters like Grevious and Mace.
    Mace Windu for the best saber duelist in the Order his power in game is severely lacking.

This.
    Rather than pushing knew characters (although Embo is a BH people have been wanting for awhile), they should be revisiting older characters, reworking them for viability in the game, and letting us catch up with farming.
    Nobody is asking for meta shifting changes but when major characters like Mace, Grevious, JKA, etc. are near useless that’s a big problem. Not to mention that characters are added to platoons immediately forcing a P2W and nobody is ok with that. @CG_TopHat @CG_SBCrumb you there? Do you guys see the scores of posts about this? Would be nice if you actually LISTENED to us. That’s what’s we are asking for too. To not only hear us, but to listen to us.
  • Options
    Please stop marquee events and put every new toon strictly into chromium packs just like before. Give the whales an even bigger head start. Then do not make them farmable. Just keep them in chromium.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options
    I am curious how they will handle all of these mass releases. The last mass release was phoenix if I remember correctly and that was the last time gw, cantina, and arena got updated and then they said no more updates to those stores. All the other stores are still fair game. I hope they reconsider this release structure.

Fleet hard nodes are only good as secondary farming locations. GET already has 2 5+ month farm toons and all end game gear. Guild has all your useful gear and tons of character shards, most of which have other farm locations.

Typically teams with synergy have various farming locations to build them up quickly. Therefore when these next 3 scoundrels go to farmable locations only fleet, cantina node, and the GET store are left to keep them spread out.
  • Options
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    I am curious how they will handle all of these mass releases. The last mass release was phoenix if I remember correctly and that was the last time gw, cantina, and arena got updated and then they said no more updates to those stores. All the other stores are still fair game. I hope they reconsider this release structure.

Fleet hard nodes are only good as secondary farming locations. GET already has 2 5+ month farm toons and all end game gear. Guild has all your useful gear and tons of character shards, most of which have other farm locations.

Typically teams with synergy have various farming locations to build them up quickly. Therefore when these next 3 scoundrels go to farmable locations only fleet, cantina node, and the GET store are left to keep them spread out.

False! There are plenty of 20 energy hard nodes to put them on. Trollolololol
  • RawdSW
    150 posts Member
    Options
    Agree completely. Way, way too many new characters. Slow down or risk loosing your base. I will play this game for as long as I have a reasonable chance of collecting all characters with a modest $ investment. If that becomes impossible, I'll simply stop playing altogether.

So many exiting famous SW characters already in the game that can and should be improved and yet you choose to introduce more and more new ones that nobody particularly cares about.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Remember that legendary events only started 2 years after the game was created, and these Marquee toons are becoming farmable very quickly. So in all honesty. Since people didnt have an issue with them before they shouldn't now. I think there should be one legendary toon a year maximum.

Remember that we need toons in a faction for a legendary event. And observant player will take notice of this and say that "hey thats alot a marquee events, daily logins, and reworks, for BHs maybe their is a full faction pass/legendary event on the way (Jango)" instead of complaining about them.
    Post edited by jejuzang on
  • Tijack
    76 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    jejuzang wrote: »
    Remember that legendary events only started 2 years after the game was created, and these Marquee toons are becoming farmable very quickly. So in all honesty. Since people didnt have an issue with them before they shouldn't now. I think there should be one legendary toon a year maximum.

The main problem isnt that they becore farmable quickly (even if we dont have the same definition of quickly), but that most of the time they are in a single hard node and take ages to get to 7*.

If we assume that the average drop rate for shards is 33% (like most players), with 5 tries a day, and that we need 330 (or 280 if we complete marquee), thats an average of 1.65 shards a day, or 170 days to farm a toon from 3* to 7*.

Almost half a year, with around 2 months wait for the toon to become farmable. THAT is the problem.

TLDR Marquee doesnt suck, everything arount it does.

(Edit: typo)