Content Update 8/9/2018 (MEGA THREAD)

Replies

• EA_Cian wrote: »
    Me again! Let's please be respectful. I've removed two posts from the thread that were detracting from the focal point of this discussion - the content update that's been announced.

Mkay. Well the content that’s been pushed regarding he Acolyte NERF is universally hated by your player base. Would appreciate it if you could ask the development team to respond to this instead of continuing the week long silence.
  • @CG_TopHat wrote:
    Ultimately, they carried your voice forward and helped us keep the Nightsisters great. Thank you for your service!

Apparently your beta testers aren’t as thorough as you thought either.
    The end result, our testing shows, is that Nightsister Acolyte’s PvP utility/damage output should remain virtually unchanged

Another lie. Either that, or you guys are grossly lacking an understanding of some of your game’s mechanics. Sure, Acolyte’s damage may be unchanged, but net Nightsister team damage will definitely be changed.
    We want to put it in front of you so that you can see the upcoming change and have a chance to share your thoughts in advance.

Sure, let us share our thoughts and then just completely ignore them. Rather than bother to respond, you figure if you just ignore it it will eventually fade. You’re right, it will. But the sentiment and feeling it creates won’t. And there’s only so much of that we can take.
  • We need a dev response here. Please explain why you think crippling a viable PVP/TB/TW team was the correct way to repair the HSTR mechanics - something a very small portion of the playing population can even achieve.
    The raid needed to be tweaked, not a toon.
    Again, this isn't Nute we're talking about. Nute wasn't a viable toon when you quickly neutered him. @CG_TopHat we deserve some details about how you determined that Acolyte's "PvP utility/damage output should remain virtually unchanged," because that simply isn't true. Her utility is gone - COMPLETELY GONE. Your announcement even admitted that "she is part of a common strategy in many shards and rankings, so we wanted to preserve her ability to dish out damage," but her DAMAGE isn't what makes her useful in the first place. It was her ability to hit twice.
  • Is anyone else having trouble with Embo's contract now working when you use him as a leader? I've taken him to level 80 and gear 8 and maxed out his contract ability and ... it doesn't work. Like he doesn't have one.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    @MCThr33pio I did get it after a few try’s but you also need the lead ability leveled to gain payouts.
  • I wonder how everyone forgets Jango fat. You could use him as a Jedi hunter (counter against GK or Bastilla). Synergies could be created with Boba Fett and separatists.
    Besides, Jango is almost created thanks to Boba, you just have to change the color and abilities.
    Please EA, give us JANGO FATT!
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    @MCThr33pio I did get it after a few try’s but you also need the lead ability leveled to gain payouts.

I'm not even getting the blue bullseye.

And the leadership ability shouldn't affect his contract ability at all, should it??
  • MCThr33pio wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »

I'm not even getting the blue bullseye.

And the leadership ability shouldn't affect his contract ability at all, should it??

It's part of his leadership. Level 5 leadership gets the ability to earn his payout.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    We need a dev response here. Please explain why you think crippling a viable PVP/TB/TW team was the correct way to repair the HSTR mechanics - something a very small portion of the playing population can even achieve.
    The raid needed to be tweaked, not a toon.
    Again, this isn't Nute we're talking about. Nute wasn't a viable toon when you quickly neutered him. @CG_TopHat we deserve some details about how you determined that Acolyte's "PvP utility/damage output should remain virtually unchanged," because that simply isn't true. Her utility is gone - COMPLETELY GONE. Your announcement even admitted that "she is part of a common strategy in many shards and rankings, so we wanted to preserve her ability to dish out damage," but her DAMAGE isn't what makes her useful in the first place. It was her ability to hit twice.

I don't use acolyte but we could use a response from them on just about every single major issue in game right now.

Things these days are more the Whales fault and less the Team...They fund the game...but their star wars addiction make them buy EVERYTHING everytime instead of backing off totally when things are not right with the world....

I'm pretty sure Raid Rewards would be fixed overnight if the Whales really wanted it
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Yup the whales in test guild not giving proper feed back just to block everyone out.
  • So as someone who has places a lot of time and effort into my nightsisters, I feel like this new change was a massive nerf to acolyte.

First off while yes 90% is greater than 70% when it comes to entering stealth it is not better than 2 checks of 70% to STAY in stealth. And as someone with really bad luck I can't seem to keep her in stealth in a fight.

Foresight is now a massive problem. While before against someone like rey she would heal her a little and then damage to her. Now all she does is heal her.

Finally, what i believe to be the BIGGEST nerf to her, CG gimped her under a mother lead. They just recently fixed it then she attacked both times she would summon a dead sister and they BOTH would attack. Originally only the first would attack and the second wouldn't l. But cg did a big solid and changed this to where both now attacked. It really uped the damage output of the sister and helped them beat the new Jedi teams handily. But now this is completely gone and the jedis foresight is causing the nightsisters time out on offense constantly against a team they always beat.

Please CG, revert this change and figure out a new way to nerf the critolyte team that only the highest of end game players had

Regards,
    HappySideOfFear777
  • Ryanwhales
    862 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb th event for T3- this means android users get more shards? Or is it just blank like when we complete a marquee and it’s still available a day later?

Also- how will this affect the release cadence for t3? Is from this date or when it was released for android?

Ty.
    Android users won't get more shards, it's the same event in game essentially so it will be as completed as you left it on Android. I'm not sure about the release cadence though, should be roughly from this date but I'll see if I can find out
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Ryanwhales wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb th event for T3- this means android users get more shards? Or is it just blank like when we complete a marquee and it’s still available a day later?

Also- how will this affect the release cadence for t3? Is from this date or when it was released for android?

Ty.
    Android users won't get more shards, it's the same event in game essentially so it will be as completed as you left it on Android. I'm not sure about the release cadence though, should be roughly from this date but I'll see if I can find out
    **** it

Am I missing something? The event isnt even appearing for me...
  • @CG_TopHat wrote:
    The end result, our testing shows, is that Nightsister Acolyte’s PvP utility/damage output should remain virtually unchanged

Another lie. Either that, or you guys are grossly lacking an understanding of some of your game’s mechanics. Sure, Acolyte’s damage may be unchanged, but net Nightsister team damage will definitely be changed.
    We want to put it in front of you so that you can see the upcoming change and have a chance to share your thoughts in advance.

Sure, let us share our thoughts and then just completely ignore them. Rather than bother to respond, you figure if you just ignore it it will eventually fade. You’re right, it will. But the sentiment and feeling it creates won’t. And there’s only so much of that we can take.

+100
  • CaesarAM wrote: »
    So if Embo’s Marquee is “Clone Wars: Hunters I,” I assume there will be a part II? Maybe a III?

Maybe Jango Fett and Aurra Sing
  • I really really want Jango Fett for a event not a Marquee event. He should be 3 stars and not 2. And there should also be droideka which is 4 stars
  • This Acolyte nerf is extremely disheartening. She existed before the sith raid, yet you change an old character to accommodate a relatively new facet to the game just because people were able to come up with a way to defeat it? Why is EA opposed to people strategically using character abilities to gain tactical advantages in this game? It is a strategy game, after all. And for the record, I have g12 Asajj w/ zeta and g12 Acolyte w/ abilities maxed, and I’ve never been able to take “unlimited turns” which was stated as the reason for the change. My guild is still running tier 5, even with a ton of NS teams. Change the raid if it’s not meeting your expectations, not the characters. You anger your players (customers) when you alter characters they have been grinding to develop for months.
  • Acolyte nerf is obscene. You took one of the most important part of the characters away from her. The ability to hit twice was massively important, and not just in the sith raid. It removed foresight/blind, it means more of her attacks are avoided, it prevents double resurrections with Talzin, it reduces her TM reduction with Ventress, etc. etc. etc.

The thing that made the Acolyte useful and unique was two hits.
  • Clone wars bounty hunters 1? Maybe jango finally and hondo?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Kailen wrote: »
    Acolyte nerf is obscene. You took one of the most important part of the characters away from her. The ability to hit twice was massively important, and not just in the sith raid. It removed foresight/blind, it means more of her attacks are avoided, it prevents double resurrections with Talzin, it reduces her TM reduction with Ventress, etc. etc. etc.

The thing that made the Acolyte useful and unique was two hits.

Exactly. CG's ability to botch a fix, even when taking their time to try to get it right, is astounding.

At this point, I play the game enough to help my guild and that's it. So tired of CG's ineptitude when it comes to fixing things, balancing, etc. Not quite sure what went wrong in the past year or so, but it has been a very disheartening trend.

Whatever. Quickly losing interest in their game and their "reasons" and excuses.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jamesx00754
    11 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Everyone is crying about night sister nerf yet there is a new marquee event named Clone Wars: Hunters I. So many people are ignoring the fact that the introduction of Embo has created the possibility that Aurra Sing is coming and most importantly Jango Fett, not to mention the likely Cad Bane rework as well.

This would therefore create so many more opportunities in the game, which in the long run will be more significant then a nerf to the bloody nightsister Acolyte. People should be talking about raid possiblities, maybe a meta change etc. not about an inevitable nerf which only affects the top 1% of players.
  • Everyone is crying about night sister nerf yet there is a new marquee event named Clone Wars: Hunters I. So many people are ignoring the fact that the introduction of Embo has created the possibility that Aurra Sing is coming and most importantly Jango Fett, not to mention the likely Cad Bane rework as well.

This would therefore create so many more opportunities in the game, which in the long run will be more significant then a nerf to the bloody nightsister Acolyte. People should be talking about raid possiblities, maybe a meta change etc. not about an inevitable nerf which only affects the top 1% of players.

If you can’t understand the outcry over a nerf to acolyte, then I suggest you do some research and actually learn what was changed, and how it was changed, as well as how that effects every player that uses NS, this was not a hstr only tweak, this was an overall degrade of a char in every part of the games use.
  • Everyone is crying about night sister nerf yet there is a new marquee event named Clone Wars: Hunters I. So many people are ignoring the fact that the introduction of Embo has created the possibility that Aurra Sing is coming and most importantly Jango Fett, not to mention the likely Cad Bane rework as well.

Ya I'm so happy I invested into NS and used them to get a 7* Traya already and now they are nerfed!!! GOOD No one else should be able to benefit from their broken mechanics only the people who paid for them!!!

Its awesome and it forces me to have to work on these new guys that's exactly what I wanted to whale out and get the new faction because they will only be viable for a few months before they are nerfed like all the others. Totally happy to discard NS now and chase the carrot I have so much money and I'm better than everyone.

I will 100% invest all their new units because I know once I get them to 7* ASAP and start doing a lot of HSTR damage right away because if I wait for them to be free to farm they will get nerfed like everything else.

I wish every toon released has a OP kit then like 2 or 3 months after its released they change the kit to make those units worthless - just as soon as the free to play people get the toons to 7* NERF them!!!

Thank you EA for making my wishes and dreams come true and keep nerfing stuff. Hopefully Bastilla getting a nerf in a few months once she is free to play. Keep up the great work allowing the rich to get richer and make sure you keep nerfing stuff to never allow the free to play to catch me!!!

• DarthLBC
    34 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    evoluza wrote: »
    Acolyte was never P2P... Just saying.
    They nerf the freeloader stuff as they think it's the best for the game.

[EA_Lanna: removed baiting remark]

You understand 100%!!! that's my point acolyte was never P2P so Acolyte should NOT BE USEFUL in arena or anywhere else. Its great that she's garbage now so the people who don't pay cant catch up. Everyone who invested in her deserves to lose everything.

Can you imagine a game where free to play people could compete with pay to play, insane right!!!

Keep nerfing free to play stuff and let's keep these mid level guilds stuck in t5 sith forever so we have such a lead they will never catch up. I have 14 units all 1 gear away from G13 and several more missing 2 gears.

Heroic Sith is awesome and it dropped tons of full gears when released. So glad they fixed the rewards once free to play started being able to farm it, and these new changes will mean many many many more months before free to play can even get back to where they were a month ago. NS are dead!!! Long Live Whales!!!

Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Haruk
    108 posts Member
    Nightsisters have been my main team since I first started playing. Talia was my first ever 7* toon. I've kicked a ton of **** in every aspect of the game with them, moreso once they released Talzin and I got her to 7* and zeta'd her leader.

Now, due to a tiny part of the game not all players currently access, Acolyte has been stupidly nerfed.

I'll keep playing, but I'm not longer paying. Fix Acolyte.
  • Dear developers/capital games. Why have you chosen to absolutely kill acolyte as a viable toon? I have been using NS in arena for a long time and acolyte has been amazing with talzin lead as she can help bring back an entire team from nothing because her double hit meant double assists from talzin lead ability. I appreciate the need to stop critolyte teams for HSTR, but why not amend the raid rather than killing the arena for all those running NS teams. This is a real shame. The arena gets really boring when only meta teams are in it at the top. By allowing a some off meta teams like NS to still be viable at least creates some variety, but this update has ended it. The least you could do is offer gear refunds for those who invested in acolyte.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Is anyone really surprised that the devs did this? They don't listen to feedback, never have. They only listen to deafening public outcry, which isn't going to happen since they backed off their first fix to the issue. They know they can push out an update and wait until the noise dies down, and if it doesn't they can pull back and push out another bad update and repeat the process until the noise is manageable.
    Post edited by Madpup on
This discussion has been closed.