Content Update 8/9/2018 (MEGA THREAD)

1235Next

Replies

• CG Devs are liars and thieves. Once again you nerf long established toons that we have invested time and money in gearing. NS Acolyte is useless for hitting through your ever-more-spammy foresight now. And you have the audacity to say in your testing she is just as effective. You can't be that incompetent.
  • CaesarAM wrote: »
    So if Embo’s Marquee is “Clone Wars: Hunters I,” I assume there will be a part II? Maybe a III?

Shhh...the jengo fett heads will hear you.
  • Rmaxtpmx wrote: »
    CaesarAM wrote: »
    So if Embo’s Marquee is “Clone Wars: Hunters I,” I assume there will be a part II? Maybe a III?

Shhh...the jengo fett heads will hear you.

They've already heard. Also, the Clone Trooper Helmet squad will come out
  • This content update to Acolyte did not maintain her Arena viability. I use NightSisters in Arena, and I can't beat anybody anymore. It is really bad.
  • Her damage seems to have gone down as well. Was it changed in the incorrect direction possibly? Poor NS not even good in TB anymore :(
  • I met a few NS teams last night in GW featuring the Acolyte with Zombie combo.

The stealth is still a PITA (I run Phoenix for GW) but oh boy has that damage gone down.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • evoluza wrote: »
    DarthLBC wrote: »
    Her damage seems to have gone down as well. Was it changed in the incorrect direction possibly? Poor NS not even good in TB anymore :(

Only whales should beat TB...

You have replied to every single comment I have made on this forum in the last week. Uhhh - not only replied, but you reply within minutes...

Your my #1 fan!!!
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    Her damage seems to have gone down as well. Was it changed in the incorrect direction possibly? Poor NS not even good in TB anymore :(

Only whales should beat TB...

You have replied to every single comment I have made on this forum in the last week. Uhhh - not only replied, but you reply within minutes...

Your my #1 fan!!!

I am everywhere. I am the Forum. Pray to me and believe in the guidelines.

No
  • Acolyte is nowhere near as good as she used to be. Another botched attempt to save a disaster of a raid.
    I’ve filed a ticket asking for my gear back and I’m going to downgrade the game in the App Store.
  • Any idea about when nest will be farmable? I’m guessing that she would end up in a 20 energy hard node, but I would like the opportunity to farm Nest. I’m guessing soon because if I remember the next marquee after Qi’ra was Nest.
  • TlMMEH wrote: »
    This content update to Acolyte did not maintain her Arena viability. I use NightSisters in Arena, and I can't beat anybody anymore. It is really bad.
    This is a lie NS with AC are still doing fine in the arena. The nerf before took them completely out of top ranks and I was glad this nerf hasn't done anything like it. I fought an NS team zTalzin zAssagi Acolyte the one with **** bow an arrow and there nice paper zombie amd lost they were 20k power under me. NS hasn't lost their effectiveness at all. So you dont beat jedi teams using auto in arena anymore good. NS faction hasnt gotten away with rhe paper zombie amd acolyte nonsense long enough.
  • As someone who has placed a lot of time and effort into my nightsisters, I feel like this new change was a massive nerf to acolyte.

First off while yes 90% is greater than 70% when it comes to entering stealth, it is not better than 2 checks of 70% to STAY in stealth. And as someone with really bad luck I can't seem to keep her in stealth during a fight.

Foresight is also now a massive problem. While before against someone like rey she would heal her a little and then damage to her. Now all she does is heal her. Or for this matter the whole Jedi team almost unbeatable now. I time out almost every time.

Finally, what i believe to be the BIGGEST nerf to her, CG gimped her under a mother lead. They just recently fixed it that when she attacked both times she would summon a dead sister and they would BOTH attack. Originally only the first would attack and the second wouldn't. But cg did a big solid and changed this to where both now attacked. It really upped the damage output of the sister and helped them beat the new Jedi teams handily. But now this is completely gone and the jedis foresight is causing the nightsisters time out on offense constantly against a team they would always beat.

Please CG, revert this change and figure out a new way to nerf the critolyte team that only the highest of end game players had

Regards,
    HappySideOfFear777
  • Warp3dM1nd wrote: »
    TlMMEH wrote: »
    This content update to Acolyte did not maintain her Arena viability. I use NightSisters in Arena, and I can't beat anybody anymore. It is really bad.
    This is a lie NS with AC are still doing fine in the arena. The nerf before took them completely out of top ranks and I was glad this nerf hasn't done anything like it. I fought an NS team zTalzin zAssagi Acolyte the one with **** bow an arrow and there nice paper zombie amd lost they were 20k power under me. NS hasn't lost their effectiveness at all. So you dont beat jedi teams using auto in arena anymore good. NS faction hasnt gotten away with rhe paper zombie amd acolyte nonsense long enough.

Um they absolutely lost their effectiveness. That's why there are pages of people who are **** off about it. Sorry it took them nerfing a team so you could beat them, but that's not a good reason to do so.
  • Warp3dM1nd wrote: »
    TlMMEH wrote: »

You know what other nonsense has gone on too long that annoying EP Team with Vader, Empire has gotten away with this non-sense long enough time to nerf them...

Also I'm kind of annoyed with the non-sense of Rey always exposing that's gone on long enough Rey should be nerfed too.

Some more nonsense that has been going on too long is Bastilla lead and tenacity up, I can't land a debuff they should be re-worked too.

Rex need a nerf because his giving TM gain to everyone is nonsense and this has gone on for years.

And above it all the Nest gaining protection nonsense that need to be fixed asap.

It's easy to call a strategy non-sense and nerf it. Unfortunately this is the direction Devs have gone, and the reality is you have to 7* a unit ASAP, USE IT, then they will nerf it when it become Free to play. This has been the trend for years we all just ned to get used to it. Either pay $1,000s to have the unit in the 3 month benefit window or give in to knowing by the time you can freely farm a team up that team will be re-worked.
  • As someone who has placed a lot of time and effort into my nightsisters, I feel like this new change was a massive nerf to acolyte.

First off while yes 90% is greater than 70% when it comes to entering stealth, it is not better than 2 checks of 70% to STAY in stealth. And as someone with really bad luck I can't seem to keep her in stealth during a fight.

Foresight is also now a massive problem. While before against someone like rey she would heal her a little and then damage to her. Now all she does is heal her. Or for this matter the whole Jedi team almost unbeatable now. I time out almost every time.

Finally, what i believe to be the BIGGEST nerf to her, CG gimped her under a mother lead. They just recently fixed it that when she attacked both times she would summon a dead sister and they would BOTH attack. Originally only the first would attack and the second wouldn't. But cg did a big solid and changed this to where both now attacked. It really upped the damage output of the sister and helped them beat the new Jedi teams handily. But now this is completely gone and the jedis foresight is causing the nightsisters time out on offense constantly against a team they would always beat.

Please CG, revert this change and figure out a new way to nerf the critolyte team that only the highest of end game players had

Regards,
    HappySideOfFear777
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Just destroy HSTR and restore NS. Scrap it and go back to the drawing board and rethink priorities ... **** off the fan base or get the raid fixed
  • I filed a support ticket and asked for my Acolyte gear back. They refused and said “post in the forum”. “wait”. I’m tired of “soon” and “wait” while the game goes downhill. It’s been 5 months of STH Raid torture while EA ignores us and hopes the next big thing will miraculously improve a horrible experience. Actually, they don’t ignore it. They keep nerfing existing characters to make the raid worse. I play games to have fun. This is not fun.
  • I can’t express my displeasure enough with this Nightsister Acolyte nerf. I worked on her forever and the team as a whole and now it’s useless. Considering uninstalling and writing a bad review. 2 years or **** is enough.
  • I see their strategy of just waiting this one out is holding up...
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    hsof777 wrote: »
    As someone who has placed a lot of time and effort into my nightsisters, I feel like this new change was a massive nerf to acolyte.

Regards,
    HappySideOfFear777

This ^ ... 100% this!
    This has got to be fixed!
  • They're never going to put in a fix that only impacts the people who actually pay them. They know where their checks come from. They'll only put in "fixes" that harm people who don't pay as much. Because to them, if you aren't a whale, you're subhuman and can be trodden upon at will. After all, what are YOU gonna do about it? Stop playing? You're just a drain on their resources anyway!
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    jedibaer71 wrote: »
    just got the update, acolyte loses her second attack and her basic attack DOESN'T IGNORE FORESIGHT.

i am curious: is here only one player, who play this game every day and uses nightsisters in the arena, who finds her "update" good?

It's a total nerf, the second time, both to Acolyte & to the NS team as a whole!

The very least they could have done was make it so Acolyte wasn't nerfed:
    1) - basic would need to be unavoidable & cause foresight to be * dispelled*
    perhaps at a 50% damage reduction if foresight is dispelled;
    2) - Healing effect also was nerfed (average stayed same but RNG variance increased so her low health and her lower chances to heal *something* has made her more easily killable) so her critical hit chance needs to be increased OR she needs to heal at an increased percentage chance beyond her critical hit chance, to make up for her increased susceptibility to bad RNG now!

But they would still need to refund zetas and G12 pieces that we invested into NS and specifically Ventress, Talzin & Daka and then change Daka's unique zeta to just an omega (perhaps the other 2 toon Uniques need that change too)!

And after all the above, NS as a team will still be nerfed!
    But at least the player base won't still be outraged at EA/CG after a Acolyte fix, and zeta & gear refund (if they do it).

So no... her new "update" is *not* good!

As an aside,
    I keep getting close to spending money on this game, and EA/CG keeps doing stuff like these messed up fixes(nerfs) causing me to thank the gods that I didnt spend the money and re-encouraging me to stay f2p. I mean when I can buy and play a different game for 6-12 months for far less then it costs to whale out on a single new toon that may only be viable for 6-12 months before being made obsolete, why wouldn't i remain f2p?
This discussion has been closed.