Character overload!

13Next

Replies

• Options
    I don’t mind the new toons as much as I do mind my thumb getting Carple tunnel having to slide through 34 packs just to click my 5 free daily 250coin packs.

Come to think of it..that’s gotta be a new record in the amount of packs at any given time since the release of this game.
  • Options
    Im hoping EA/CG will be generous and give us the remaining Solo toons and KOTOR toons not named Nest, Bastilla, & T3-M4 maybe theyll be nice and put them in GW & Arena shops? I mean those teams each have synergy between each other, so itd be nice for newer players to be able to sync up diff playmodes and be able to work on those teams. Like how Phoenix are, is a great perfect example what they should do with these synergy teams. Make the "elite" toon of the set put in the hard node, the medium ones in cantina/raids, and the rest of the scruff available in the other shops!!

Please and thanks!
    ~D
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    New characters are fine, it's the single hard node that stinks. It would all be much better if they were added to GW and Arena stores as well.

This.
    I can't believe there won't be any toon added to stores ( other than shipments) ... Add 1 everywhere at least... Even if it's Rose or Lobot. Anyone
  • Options
    There is not a character overload in terms of new toons being added.

But there is an overload in terms of the large numbers of toons that have no or very limited purposes. I would rather that they reworked some exsisting toons rather than adding new ones however this does not suit the business model.

Also too many toons are in hard nodes. Hard nodes should be for game changing toons I wouldn't class Vandor Chewbacca as game changing.

It would be a nice gesture from CG if they would put some of the new scoundrels in stores. Or moves toons like director krenic, Baze, Holdo and Rose from hard nodes as they are no longer or never were game changing.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Cerium wrote: »
    Well the thing to consider now is that CG don't have to do any real promotions until the last Jedi which won't be until Dec 2019 so perhaps they'll have time to slow down the rate of character releases, do some reworks and let people catch up a little.

The problem I see is for those who do not have the essential characters and meta teams reasonably geared. (majority of the new player base) Until you have all the current legendaries, can compete in arena, complete somewhat 3/4 of the mythics you have to have gear phoenix, resistance, empire, rebels and jedi.

Once you have JTR, CLS, Thrawn, Yoda, Palp, R2, BB8 and geared, only then the new character release doesn't matter because you can pick and choose your favourite factions to work on.

I would consider this the first stage of your roster development. There after it's your choice on whether you are focusing on arena meta teams, TB/TW or raids.

I think most people's problem is that these new toons appear to be making HSR easier and the fact is they are chasing the 7th * to make them viable and being stuck behind a paypall until they become F2P is the clutch issue. Then even if you farm them to 7* it could take 90 days and by that time an even better toon could be released.

That's my 2 cents.

Edit; Another thought, Traya is going to be the meta for a while so we are essentially being told to gear everything then CG are saying, "if you want to get Traya faster, here look at what this character can do in P1,2,3,4...but the catch is you have to pay for it". So the issue I see is the game content is become stale because everything is focused on the Heroic Sith Raid and Traya to place 1st in arena. Way to balance the overhwelming amount of marquees, put them in other areas of the game. eg add them as a reward to other special missions in TB, give shards in TW win or lose, heck you could even rework GW and give shards to beating 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000 teams...

Edit 2; This may bump the engagement of guild members TW and TB if you aren't ready for HSR. Progression for guilds is needed right now we have entry level and elder level, nothing in the middle. Many players think they are elder level and ready for HSR then they are probably not.

October is anniversary of clone wars.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Mu big issue with these new characters is that the devs are clearly pushing other work to the side in order to create new characters at a break neck speed. It has affected their ability to fix bugs and to deliver non buggy updates. It's pulled their attention away from fixing their sith raid and their focus from creating new legendary/heros journey content. I miss having to farm and gear up a team to get a really good character. Now you just need to buy them. On top of all this if they keep up this pace a year from now we will be looking forward to the release of death star mechanic, and rebal janator because they will have run out of any kind of meaningful character to put into the game. They need to find a better balance between creating new characters for marque, creating legendary events, fixing bugs, coming up with new game modes, and creating qol updates.
  • Options
    Instead of releasing a ridiculous amount of characters that they spent time developing kits and what not for. They could actually rework the 60 to 80 absolutely worthless toons that have been in the game multiple years. Some of these toons are even iconic like Mace Windy who is constantly rated as the worst character in the game and only to be farmed for his capital ship in EVERY worst top 10 toons video on YT. NS gets a rework GMY a rework well how about all the other toons that are completely irrelevant and have BEEN since introduction get a rework. I think that would be a better way to appease the magority of your players.

You know how many new players quit because they farmed toons they liked only to realize that are as effective as a wet fart. I almost did when I got to level 40 and realize the toons I loved were useless. So I contemplated just saying screw it but I stuck it out and now after a good 1000 later and non stop grinding I am level 85 and just zeta my first toon. Few new players would do that they will quit and move on.

No lets just keep smashing these marqueess down peoples throat using the help beat traya line. Screw STR and Traya. You made a horrible raid with a toon that is completely broken. Critolyte is going to only be the tip of the ice berg. Then after a couple of months you lock these characters behind hard nodes where the drop rate has plummeted. Yeah yeah blah blah 30% whatever maybe in the past.

My alliance has started charting hard node drops for shards, specific gear and ship shards. Out of the 30 hard runs I did today I netted a total of 2 sion shards. The shard were DN, Sion, and Baze. Out of the 5 runs on 3 hard nodes for certain gear I didnt get any of the gear is was trying for which was all the same piece. Also no ship shards. Day 1.

So mods keep backing that 30% percent number because just from the numbers my alliance recorded today its more along the lines of 10 to 15%. Yeah just 1 day but to many people have voiced the belief the drop percentage has changed over the past few weeks. You reckon a month sample with roughly 40 people contributing will be enough to finally get you to admit they have changed the rng to something far worse.
  • Options
    Warp3dM1nd wrote: »
    Instead of releasing a ridiculous amount of characters that they spent time developing kits and what not for. They could actually rework the 60 to 80 absolutely worthless toons that have been in the game multiple years. Some of these toons are even iconic like Mace Windy who is constantly rated as the worst character in the game and only to be farmed for his capital ship in EVERY worst top 10 toons video on YT. NS gets a rework GMY a rework well how about all the other toons that are completely irrelevant and have BEEN since introduction get a rework. I think that would be a better way to appease the magority of your players.

You know how many new players quit because they farmed toons they liked only to realize that are as effective as a wet fart. I almost did when I got to level 40 and realize the toons I loved were useless. So I contemplated just saying screw it but I stuck it out and now after a good 1000 later and non stop grinding I am level 85 and just zeta my first toon. Few new players would do that they will quit and move on.

No lets just keep smashing these marqueess down peoples throat using the help beat traya line. Screw STR and Traya. You made a horrible raid with a toon that is completely broken. Critolyte is going to only be the tip of the ice berg. Then after a couple of months you lock these characters behind hard nodes where the drop rate has plummeted. Yeah yeah blah blah 30% whatever maybe in the past.

My alliance has started charting hard node drops for shards, specific gear and ship shards. Out of the 30 hard runs I did today I netted a total of 2 sion shards. The shard were DN, Sion, and Baze. Out of the 5 runs on 3 hard nodes for certain gear I didnt get any of the gear is was trying for which was all the same piece. Also no ship shards. Day 1.

So mods keep backing that 30% percent number because just from the numbers my alliance recorded today its more along the lines of 10 to 15%. Yeah just 1 day but to many people have voiced the belief the drop percentage has changed over the past few weeks. You reckon a month sample with roughly 40 people contributing will be enough to finally get you to admit they have changed the rng to something far worse.

Is this a bad time to tell you I got 4/5 sion from his hard node and 2/5 from his ship node today?
  • Tabub
    50 posts Member
    Options
    More characters are always better, it’s something for everyone. There are people in the game who don’t care about being the best and they just want the toons that they liked in the shows movies and the EU.
  • Options
    I too would like everything my way......
  • Options

Is this a bad time to tell you I got 4/5 sion from his hard node and 2/5 from his ship node today?

It doesn't matter. Hard nodes take along time anyway. To incentivise you to pay to buy packs

Take Range trooper that is a toon that makes trooper viable without Death trooper in phase 2 thus allowing Chex mix to be used in phase 3. CG will exploit that to make money.
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    New characters are fine, it's the single hard node that stinks. It would all be much better if they were added to GW and Arena stores as well.

Well presumably they are, in time. Only fair that the paying customers can get them first so us f2pers get them for free a bit later.

I distinctly remember one of the devs categorically stating in a post a year or two back that no new characters would be added to the GW, Arena, or Cantina stores. Period. If you search you can probably find the post.
  • Options
    I don't mind the marquee events or even the high volume of added characters. I DO mind that they keep going to hard nodes. They really need to do a big shuffle. Old mediocre characters in cantina should be bumped over to the cantina shop and have their nodes replaced by some of these "lower quality" new toons (like Rose, for example). I'm in a 140m GP guild and we are struggling to fill slots in TB some days because of these toons no one wanted to buy that got pasted into hard nodes. Characters like Sion and Bossk feel okay on hard nodes, characters like Rose and Vander Chewie do not.
  • Options
    Only have 2 G12 7* Embo in my guild. Dont think it will be enough for platoons in the upcoming DS TB

lol ... My guild has zero ... and that goes for Embo, Mission, Zaalbar, Bastilla, Jolee, Nest, Vandor Chewie, Young Han, Young Lando, L-33t, Qi'ra, Range Trooper, T3-M4, Bossk and Visas. Hell, I don't even think we have a 7 star Holdo or Rose yet ...

• Options
    Blue_10 wrote: »

It doesn't matter. Hard nodes take along time anyway. To incentivise you to pay to buy packs

Take Range trooper that is a toon that makes trooper viable without Death trooper in phase 2 thus allowing Chex mix to be used in phase 3. CG will exploit that to make money.

Mace will get a rework. Relax. It will probably come with GK's zeta abilities when GK finally falls way behind (eg RHS).

U dont have to get the marquee toons to 7*. Heck, most of the marquee toons are just expensive options to get HSR teams when a cheaper option is already available. U have to take note that the raid was designed for elder players who happened to farm the right stuff. If u are below 2.4m gp u really shouldnt be complaining about the gap. If u are above, u should have the means to close the gap.

What i like is that it gives newer players options to make their arena squads viable. Even in my SA shard which is a dec15 shard, ppl do use marquee toons at 3*. For new players who farmed and geared the wrong toons (i.e. jedis), this gives them a very cost effective way to make their investment useful again.

What i dont like is them being in 5/6 of platoons. I dont like the increase in number of marquee tiers cause really most ppl go full auto on at least 5/7 of them. But hey i'm not complaining. If im busy and it isnt game breaking, i just skip it. The mods are really welcome tho.
  • Options

Well presumably they are, in time. Only fair that the paying customers can get them first so us f2pers get them for free a bit later.

I distinctly remember one of the devs categorically stating in a post a year or two back that no new characters would be added to the GW, Arena, or Cantina stores. Period. If you search you can probably find the post.

They might eventually shift some of the older toons there, but new toons are unlikely to be added there
  • Options
    I enjoy the new toons, im no whale ive spent a little money on a couple crystal packs and the starter light side from money i put in during the rey special. But max like $100 USD.
    Key thing that needs to happen is:
    -balance so no toon dominates most teams especially when not max gear/star.(no issue with a rock/paper/scissors where certain teams are strong vs. Others)
    -Remove P2P toons from Territory battles until at least one month after they become F2P.
    -Fix the very under used toons so that they have a purpose.
    Jedi Gaurdian being a key one, why bother gearing her up? Id like the bottom 5-10 toons by usage over lvl 60 looked at for how they can be improved, even if for Jedi G it's giving them a decent ship like counsellor at least now the toon has a purpose as a pilot.
  • Options
    We’re already at that stage. This game has declined so much over the past six months that it does not surprise me to see so many buy-only items in the store.

Greed has won again and is slowly dragging the game to the gutter.
  • Options
    I’m sorry but introducing new toons is one of the only ways the game stays interesting and exciting for late game players. At a certain point you’ll probably catch up, and if there was no one to farm the game would get stale quickly. They need to be able to hold the interest of all kinds of players, and that includes people who have been playing since day 1, the kind of players who have all or most of the stores maxed out. Many late-game players feel the opposite way, there’s not enough new characters being added normally or no new legendary events.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    As awesome as it would be if they did stop spamming toons, the real issue is the way they are released, it's not too many toons, it's too many marque's.

If a new toon got released right into a cantina node, would people care as much? we get a new toon, and at a easy farm location, win/win.

New spammed toons come out and the only way to use most of them is to dump thousands of dollars into them, or use a toon like Bast and dump nothing and win, at least some of them are viable without spending a fortune.

If they actually cared about us, there would be changes made to the way characters are released, but that's not ever going to happen in a way that benefits us, unfortunately... (here's looking at you Ships and sith raid)
  • Options
    Split it into two: SW Galaxy of heroes with light side characters and SW Galaxy of villains with dark side characters! (joke)(kinda)
  • Options
    I’m sorry but introducing new toons is one of the only ways the game stays interesting and exciting for late game players. At a certain point you’ll probably catch up, and if there was no one to farm the game would get stale quickly. They need to be able to hold the interest of all kinds of players, and that includes people who have been playing since day 1, the kind of players who have all or most of the stores maxed out. Many late-game players feel the opposite way, there’s not enough new characters being added normally or no new legendary events.

That has to do with the fact that the game actually has very little playable content. If they released more content that you could play through w.o just clicking sim or auto battling the game would be more interesting and give players something to actually do other than farm...The majority of the game outside Sith raid, Tw, & TB atm is clicking sim on nodes you are farming for gear/shards, the occasional faction event that can generally just be autobattled if you concentrated on that specific faction, and pit/aat which are fairly easy to farm now and usually completed by a small handful of players in a guild. Arena is pretty pointless if you aren't p2p, and even if you are p2p the rewards are insignificant for being the best.

So I mean of course people are going to complain about farming new characters when they spend months to a year farming a specific faction team for an event that either comes around every other month or can only be completed once. The point of a game is to play and in order to play you need things to do and farming should not be the majority of the game play experience. Plenty of other games pump out playable content out and so this game should be able to do the same. New characters are cool and all, but if there's nothing to do than what's the point of them? I'd rather see new raids, dungeons Tb, tw, pvp, story based events and cantina/light side/dark battles than a bunch of new characters. They should try making flashpoints like in swtor, or nodes that can't just be simmed that require careful execution of strategy.
  • Options
    @Poh_Solo The more shards we get the more possibility we can build squads (of the same faction/tag). You don't have to participate in these marquee event. You can decide whether you want to collect them or buy/collect them a time later - it's just a choice!
  • Options
    J0HND03 wrote: »
    1. auto marquee
    2. activate the toon i 99% won't care about the next 6-12 months
    3. wait another week
    4. go back to 1

Dude that's what I feel like also. Except for step 2.
  • Options
    Truth is, the flood of toons is to give LS some new free legendary character or hero journey or some unlock only LS can get.
  • Options
    Truth is, the flood of toons is to give LS some new free legendary character or hero journey or some unlock only LS can get.

I've seen you on a bunch of posts recently, just whining about the bias towards Light side Legendarys, and that the get all the free content, and as someone who is hugely in to the dark side, I'm loving the attention the dark has been getting, between the Sith rework earlier in the year, and the love the Bounty Hunters have gotten, there's really nothing to complain about.