Why is gear restricted by star level but not zetas?

Replies

• I'm all in favor of a toon having to being at a certain star level to open up the next set of gear tiers like
    1* G1-2
    2* G3-4
    3* G5-6
    4* G7-8
    5* G9-10
    6* G11
    7* G12
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    I'm all in favor of a toon having to being at a certain star level to open up the next set of gear tiers like
    1* G1-2
    2* G3-4
    3* G5-6
    4* G7-8
    5* G9-10
    6* G11
    7* G12

How do stop whales from instantly gearing up to shut out ftp? So your saying ftp toons shouldn’t be useable until they are starred up? Ftp will just let all new toons rot away on thier roster, NO THANKS BAD IDEA.
  • Warp3dM1nd
    149 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Xerrath wrote: »
    I’m not sure why this is a problem? If you have anyone of your characters with a zeta that does not have 7* then you are contradicting yourself. As Kyno stated it’s for a balance of FTP vs PTP. If you gated a zeta behind 5-7* then it would be 3-5months before FTP would have a marquee character with any viability in arena where their zeta would be the diciding factor for them. No sion Bastila nest bossk and so on. It would kill the game and be a clear PTW game. The way it is now makes the most sense.

You should look carefully my one character with a zeta is 6 stars not 7. Where everybody is getting this 7* from I have no idea. The mod guy is the one who said 7 I said 5 seems like an acceptable level to allow zetas. Nowhere I have posted that it should be 6 or 7 stars.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    We all get what you are saying but I disagree. I don’t want to have a toon collecting dust while I wait 6 months for thier shard farm to be placed. Zetas help make a team stronger it does not give the toon more health or damage like gear. At this point the thread is straying far from the original post. If you have a zeta on a 6 star then your entire premise is ruined.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Warp3dM1nd wrote: »
    I’m not sure why this is a problem? If you have anyone of your characters with a zeta that does not have 7* then you are contradicting yourself. As Kyno stated it’s for a balance of FTP vs PTP. If you gated a zeta behind 5-7* then it would be 3-5months before FTP would have a marquee character with any viability in arena where their zeta would be the diciding factor for them. No sion Bastila nest bossk and so on. It would kill the game and be a clear PTW game. The way it is now makes the most sense.

You should look carefully my one character with a zeta is 6 stars not 7. Where everybody is getting this 7* from I have no idea. The mod guy is the one who said 7 I said 5 seems like an acceptable level to allow zetas. Nowhere I have posted that it should be 6 or 7 stars.

The main point is that in the current release structure is there is little to no difference between 5 and 7* restriction. It's a paywall to make a toon effective, and possibly viable for f2p. To quote scuba "bad".
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Sub-7* characters are already pretty gated:
    • Can't be used in heroic raids
    • Can't be used in Mythics
    • Can't be used in later TB phases
    • Can't be geared to 12
    • Have reduced armor, health, damage, and crit chance
    Restricting zetas, as already mentioned, would make them even less appealing to the point of "why bother...?" And that apathy for new characters would have a very negative impact on the game for the majority of the playerbase.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Warp3dM1nd wrote: »
    I posted this in my other thread but people really seem to want to ignore it. I have a g11 Sion that I cant add anymore gear until he is 6 star because it is restricted. I can understand this philosophy as it goes with progressing your character to make it better.

What I dont understand is how you can allow 3 star toons to be able to zeta their abilities. Yes it is an ability but its an ability buffed to the point that I would argue it compares to g10 or g11 hear. This goes against the very thing you have been preaching about paper zombie and other toons. That it goes against the progression of a toon.

There should be a star requirement on zetas just like there is on gear. Make it 5 stars seems a good place for me. It is beyond ridiculous that you will allow a 3 star toon to be able to have an ability zetaed but wont allow me to put more g11 pieces on my Sion because he isnt 6 stars.

Im sure your ignoring this because its coming up with bastila having a zeta at 3 stars much like I assume the new BH will also. You want marquees to seem awesome so people will spend to star them up after they use a zeta on bastila and realize how powerful it makes her toon. In no set of circumstances shoukd a 3 star character be able to beat a 7 star zeta but its happening. So now that the precedent is set can we expect this in the future. If so then lift the star requirements on gear since you have no problem giving an ultimate abilitly to a toon at 3 stars.

Why do you want to nerf yourself even more?
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    I'm all in favor of a toon having to being at a certain star level to open up the next set of gear tiers like
    1* G1-2
    2* G3-4
    3* G5-6
    4* G7-8
    5* G9-10
    6* G11
    7* G12

How do stop whales from instantly gearing up to shut out ftp? So your saying ftp toons shouldn’t be useable until they are starred up? Ftp will just let all new toons rot away on thier roster, NO THANKS BAD IDEA.

It is restricted already g11 is restricted to 7 stars and above. I guess they allow you 2 pieces then it is restricted. So that fits your definition of locked behind a paywall quite nicely.
    Kyno wrote: »

The main point is that in the current release structure is there is little to no difference between 5 and 7* restriction. It's a paywall to make a toon effective, and possibly viable for f2p. To quote scuba "bad".

Most who can afford to zeta a 3 star roon probably fit in whale the category already. Its not like zetas are lying around for everybody. Rhe whales take the rop spots in arena and fleet unless it is a dead shard with alot of inacrive account which I have heard people talking about. If any other f2p players shard looks like mine where I regularly run into 3+ zeta g12 squads in 700 to 1000 range. Then it takes them 2 to 3 days to have fleet credits for 1 zeta not counting the end of daily login.
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Arena battles aren't 1 v 1. A leader ability boosting the strength of a team does not mean that a 3 star toon bested a 7 star toon.

I think the better question is "why is G12 gated behind 7*?" I'm sure they did a post on this somewhere, but I honestly can't think of a good gameplay justification.

You also have to consider the gameplay of newer players. Locking zetas behind a 7* requirement would mean they would be extremely limited on where they could place zetas. Not optimal for their ability to enjoy game modes like territory battles.

G12 is gated behind 7* because g12 and g12+ gear are ridiculously good. Would u want 300 speed 3* toons ruining your arena? To top it off, star level limits hp growth, but g12 and g12+ gear adds a heck lot of health. A g12+5 toon at 3* will thus possibly be way better than a g11+5 7* toon, and that isnt good for arena in terms of balance.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2018
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    1* G1-2
    2* G3-4
    3* G5-6
    4* G7-8
    5* G9-10
    6* G11
    7* G12

It is restricted already g11 is restricted to 7 stars and above. I guess they allow you 2 pieces then it is restricted. So that fits your definition of locked behind a paywall quite nicely.

Most who can afford to zeta a 3 star roon probably fit in whale the category already. Its not like zetas are lying around for everybody. Rhe whales take the rop spots in arena and fleet unless it is a dead shard with alot of inacrive account which I have heard people talking about. If any other f2p players shard looks like mine where I regularly run into 3+ zeta g12 squads in 700 to 1000 range. Then it takes them 2 to 3 days to have fleet credits for 1 zeta not counting the end of daily login.

Actually any f2p trying to be competitive is probably really good at managing resources and will have a few zetas always around to make quick moves. It's the only way to stay flexible.

Resource management is key, I generally dont zeta a toon until I hit 40 zetas because you never know what's around the corner.

Even if what you say is true, why limit what a f2p could do if they are wise about the choices they make.
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    zeta's were released way before G12.

Let's look at time line here
    Nov 2016 Zeta's were released
    Feb 2017 the start of the world of marquee event's (be it a good thing or a bad thing)
    At that point there was nothing tied to stars really

Many moons later we got a "release cadance" which shortened the time time between marquee and "f2p" farming.

Then some time after that we got the str with G12.

Before zeta you rarely saw a 3 or 4 star arena character

Problem is zeta not tied to star level has been in the game for over a year and half, if they changed that now it would just be bad bad bad.

Along came STR and G12 shortly followed by G12+ which gives +12 speed.

Now this part is speculation and as you will probably never get a dev full answer speculation is all we have...

Love it or hate it the P2P time advantage has been dropping.

Making 7* a requirement for G12 and thus G12+ is throwing the P2P a bone.

General statements here: I find it funny many of the people that ran Zaul with zeta 3 or 4 * DN and 3 or 4* SA complain about these other 3 and 4* characters in arena.
    The 3 and 4* arena viability really took off with DN (yes technically Chaze was released before DN and viable at 3/4 *)

TLDR; zeta's were released over a year and a half ago when nothing for character was tied to * level. To change it now would be bad bad bad.

Gear 12 was not released with str. G12 was released in Mar 2017. Str only introduced the new G12+ exclusive to the heroic tier.

And one of the features about Marquee heros is that many of them are viable in arena at only 3 or 4 stars at g12. This allows free players to utilize the new heros right off the bat instead of waiting months for them to be released in a node they can farm. Blocking zetas by star level would make them even more whale only and infuriate the free players.
  • Kronen wrote: »
    zeta's were released way before G12.

Let's look at time line here
    Nov 2016 Zeta's were released
    Feb 2017 the start of the world of marquee event's (be it a good thing or a bad thing)
    At that point there was nothing tied to stars really

Many moons later we got a "release cadance" which shortened the time time between marquee and "f2p" farming.

Then some time after that we got the str with G12.

Before zeta you rarely saw a 3 or 4 star arena character

Problem is zeta not tied to star level has been in the game for over a year and half, if they changed that now it would just be bad bad bad.

Along came STR and G12 shortly followed by G12+ which gives +12 speed.

Now this part is speculation and as you will probably never get a dev full answer speculation is all we have...

Love it or hate it the P2P time advantage has been dropping.

Making 7* a requirement for G12 and thus G12+ is throwing the P2P a bone.

General statements here: I find it funny many of the people that ran Zaul with zeta 3 or 4 * DN and 3 or 4* SA complain about these other 3 and 4* characters in arena.
    The 3 and 4* arena viability really took off with DN (yes technically Chaze was released before DN and viable at 3/4 *)

TLDR; zeta's were released over a year and a half ago when nothing for character was tied to * level. To change it now would be bad bad bad.

Gear 12 was not released with str. G12 was released in Mar 2017. Str only introduced the new G12+ exclusive to the heroic tier.

And one of the features about Marquee heros is that many of them are viable in arena at only 3 or 4 stars at g12. This allows free players to utilize the new heros right off the bat instead of waiting months for them to be released in a node they can farm. Blocking zetas by star level would make them even more whale only and infuriate the free players.

Except they can't be gear 12. But point stands, viable at gear 11.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Because that would be a huge paywall in the current release structure to making toons viable.

A change like this would cause a huge divide and probably break the game.

Currently stars limit in game access, essentially limited usefulness, and that's it. Sure g12 is behind 7* but that's is almost nothing, g11 +4 is perfectly viable. All that can be done with a free toon, everything but raids and later phases of TB. This is a good balance.
    Its not 7 stars its 6 stars for g11. I was allowed to put 2 pieces of gear on my sion and the rest is restricted until he is 6 stars. Im sorry but the fact you even bring up a paywall is laughable considering the number of marquees being sold atm. You put restrictions in some place in the name of "progression yet not in others. Lets just call it what it is you want people to zeta the toon to see how good she is in the hopes of enticing them to buy the shards to level her up. I mean if at 3 star she is that good at 7 she is a beast. I have already seen a full 7 star g12 zBastila in my arena.

So have I. If they lock zetas behind 7* and then only grant access to 7* for the first 4-6 weeks to people who $$. That is a pay wall. Currently there is no pay wall, any toon who is worth their salt in arena has been so at 3-4 stars, and allowing them to be zeta, is key to that and makes them viable for f2p. Sure they are better at 7 and that is an advantage that p2p get. It's a pretty fair system.
    You must not be reading half of what I write because nowhere in any of my posts did I say zaetas should be locked behind 7*. I said I felt like 5 star is a reasonable level of stars to have before you can unlock zera abilities. The newest zetas hitting the toons are pretty much the equivalent of g11 gear. Look at how powerful they are. A 3 star toon should not be able to access it.

If it is ok for zetas to have no star restriction then why doea gear have a star restriction? Riddle me that. Im guessing you wont be able to come up with a logical solution to as why gear gas star restriction but not zeta abilities. Under your thinking I should freely be able to finish putting the g11 pieces on my Sion without being told I habe to wait for 6 stars.

This six star thing you keep going on about, is it only on Sion? I've never seen gear gated at 6*, and my Sion is sat at gear VIII just now.
    9jozf2w7tixv.png
    So no at the lower levels but yes at the higher.

You realize it says seven star required right? Not six star like you have been claiming.

You are right on my phone screen it looked to be six stars and now that makes it worse. 10 runs on the sion hard node not one shard dropped. Since people keep refuting the mutlitudes saying they are seeing worse drops with oh its been calculated at 30%. I did 3 seperate 10 runs on DN Sion and Baze got 2 shards. Out of the gear runs I received none of the gear I was farming for in 3 different 5 runs on hard nodes. I have started mapping the shard, gear drop, and ship shard drop. Not a single ship shard or gear I needed. Several in my alliance are doing the same to prove the drop rate on hard nodes is far below this 30% threshold now.
    I don't see how it's physically possible for Seven to look like Six on your phone screen. Nor do I see how the drop rates are remotely related to your original point. It seems you're mad that others in your shard already have Sion zetad, 7*d and G12 and you don't, so you made a thread that is now making you mad at everyone else because we're all correcting you.
  • Sounds like someone is losing to Bastila and doesn't like it.
  • this sounds vaguely familiar to the old “nerf ___” rants. Figure out how to beat the 3 or 4* zeta toons. It’s not that hard.
  • Swordd
    161 posts Member
    Sounds like someone is losing to Bastila and doesn't like it.

It's nightsisters 2.0 with all the complaining about losing to teams that "shouldn't" beat them....except Jedi should be a great faction whereas nightsisters whooping on JTR and CLS was just silly...but I digress.

Sith meta has been ridiculously long, already, and with Traya it will still continue and ultimately may rebound as she is unlocked more widely. I don't have sympathy for folks having to work for their payouts on the backend of a several month long, stale meta. Hoping Jedi Luke will put the nail in the sith coffin for a year or so at least.
  • I didnt lose fyi so it sounds like somebody just wants increase their post count while trying and failing to be whitty. I'm sorry that there is nothing to be done about your NEET status. Do you need someone to hold your hand while you cross the street back to reddit.
    Ephran wrote: »
    Because that would be a huge paywall in the current release structure to making toons viable.

Currently stars limit in game access, essentially limited usefulness, and that's it. Sure g12 is behind 7* but that's is almost nothing, g11 +4 is perfectly viable. All that can be done with a free toon, everything but raids and later phases of TB. This is a good balance.
    Its not 7 stars its 6 stars for g11. I was allowed to put 2 pieces of gear on my sion and the rest is restricted until he is 6 stars. Im sorry but the fact you even bring up a paywall is laughable considering the number of marquees being sold atm. You put restrictions in some place in the name of "progression yet not in others. Lets just call it what it is you want people to zeta the toon to see how good she is in the hopes of enticing them to buy the shards to level her up. I mean if at 3 star she is that good at 7 she is a beast. I have already seen a full 7 star g12 zBastila in my arena.

So have I. If they lock zetas behind 7* and then only grant access to 7* for the first 4-6 weeks to people who $$. That is a pay wall. Currently there is no pay wall, any toon who is worth their salt in arena has been so at 3-4 stars, and allowing them to be zeta, is key to that and makes them viable for f2p. Sure they are better at 7 and that is an advantage that p2p get. It's a pretty fair system.
    You must not be reading half of what I write because nowhere in any of my posts did I say zaetas should be locked behind 7*. I said I felt like 5 star is a reasonable level of stars to have before you can unlock zera abilities. The newest zetas hitting the toons are pretty much the equivalent of g11 gear. Look at how powerful they are. A 3 star toon should not be able to access it.

If it is ok for zetas to have no star restriction then why does gear have a star restriction? Riddle me that. Im guessing you wont be able to come up with a logical solution to as why gear gas star restriction but not zeta abilities. Under your thinking I should freely be able to finish putting the g11 pieces on my Sion without being told I habe to wait for 6 stars.

This six star thing you keep going on about, is it only on Sion? I've never seen gear gated at 6*, and my Sion is sat at gear VIII just now.
    9jozf2w7tixv.png

You realize it says seven star required right? Not six star like you have been claiming.

You are right on my phone screen it looked to be six stars and now that makes it worse. 10 runs on the sion hard node not one shard dropped. Since people keep refuting the mutlitudes saying they are seeing worse drops with oh its been calculated at 30%. I did 3 seperate 10 runs on DN Sion and Baze got 2 shards. Out of the gear runs I received none of the gear I was farming for in 3 different 5 runs on hard nodes. I have started mapping the shard, gear drop, and ship shard drop. Not a single ship shard or gear I needed. Several in my alliance are doing the same to prove the drop rate on hard nodes is far below this 30% threshold now.
    I don't see how it's physically possible for Seven to look like Six on your phone screen. Nor do I see how the drop rates are remotely related to your original point. It seems you're mad that others in your shard already have Sion zetad, 7*d and G12 and you don't, so you made a thread that is now making you mad at everyone else because we're all correcting you.

You must live in a closed off world where nobody has bad eyesight. I know what lets trade places and you can remove my contacts and try to read a craxked phone screen. Then come back and make a personal comment like that. I mean its not like it doesn't happen millions to rimes a day all over the world every second. I'm sure even you Mr. Perfect has misread something.

Secondly I could care less about how many g12 7* zeta sions are running around. They were in my arena the first day he was released. The same with Bastila. My shard is full of whales just the 800 to 600 range in the arena usually has teams with 3 or more zetas and toons with withfull G11 and 12. The other day i saw a g12 6 zeta squad with wampa at 739. The top of my arena is ungodly and the bottom not much more so I'm not mad that the whales have the money to do that. Good for them.

What I am mad about is people saying putting zeta behind 5* creates a paywall and yet im not allowed to put more then 2 pieces of G11 before the rest is locked behind 7 stars. Which the very definition of a paywall when you count the horrible drop rate of shards on hard nodes. I will also have this very same problem with my 6* DN once I put this 2nd piece of gear on him and the only reason he is 6 stars was because I won a couple of Google cards and did buy the 16 shard DN several times in the store since him and Sion are regularly offered like that.

A group of 40 of us in my allliance some others are recording are numbers for shard, specific gear farm, amd ship shard stills holds at 30%. Honestly we been seeing a lot lower percentage closer to rhe 15% range. Maybe it is bad rng or maybe something has been chanhed we will see.

But personally attacking me in liue of postinf and intelligent counter arguememt just goes to show how few acrive brain cells you have lefr.
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Let's reel it back in, please. We're in this thread to discuss gear restrictions by star level, not to attack one and other. :smile:
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    I disagree about the 1v1 argument. Sion beats JTR in 1v1, EVERY time. Even when he was released at 3* level, as long as he was G11 and zeta’d - every time. When the teams would get down to just them, Sion’s 2 “cannot be evaded” attack’s seemed specifically designed to overcome JTR’s rate of foresight, and the constant application of pain nullified her self-dispelling function.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    I believe the 30% drop rate is only referring to shard drops.
    Purple gear drop rate is about 20% I believe. (Probably even lesser for gold gear)
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    I didnt lose fyi so it sounds like somebody just wants increase their post count while trying and failing to be whitty. I'm sorry that there is nothing to be done about your NEET status. Do you need someone to hold your hand while you cross the street back to reddit.

If it is ok for zetas to have no star restriction then why does gear have a star restriction? Riddle me that. Im guessing you wont be able to come up with a logical solution to as why gear gas star restriction but not zeta abilities. Under your thinking I should freely be able to finish putting the g11 pieces on my Sion without being told I habe to wait for 6 stars.

9jozf2w7tixv.png

You must live in a closed off world where nobody has bad eyesight. I know what lets trade places and you can remove my contacts and try to read a craxked phone screen. Then come back and make a personal comment like that. I mean its not like it doesn't happen millions to rimes a day all over the world every second. I'm sure even you Mr. Perfect has misread something.

Secondly I could care less about how many g12 7* zeta sions are running around. They were in my arena the first day he was released. The same with Bastila. My shard is full of whales just the 800 to 600 range in the arena usually has teams with 3 or more zetas and toons with withfull G11 and 12. The other day i saw a g12 6 zeta squad with wampa at 739. The top of my arena is ungodly and the bottom not much more so I'm not mad that the whales have the money to do that. Good for them.

What I am mad about is people saying putting zeta behind 5* creates a paywall and yet im not allowed to put more then 2 pieces of G11 before the rest is locked behind 7 stars. Which the very definition of a paywall when you count the horrible drop rate of shards on hard nodes. I will also have this very same problem with my 6* DN once I put this 2nd piece of gear on him and the only reason he is 6 stars was because I won a couple of Google cards and did buy the 16 shard DN several times in the store since him and Sion are regularly offered like that.

A group of 40 of us in my allliance some others are recording are numbers for shard, specific gear farm, amd ship shard stills holds at 30%. Honestly we been seeing a lot lower percentage closer to rhe 15% range. Maybe it is bad rng or maybe something has been chanhed we will see.

But personally attacking me in liue of postinf and intelligent counter arguememt just goes to show how few acrive brain cells you have lefr.

Well guess what you can put more than 2 pieces of g11 on most characters before they are 7*. Just a quick look at my roster and I have or can equip 4-5 on many g11 non 7*. I get your rant though.

I can give you the quick and easy answer (guess) why this won't happen. It is to late to do this. It has been almost 2 years (Nov 2016) since zeta's were introduced. To suddenly gate zeta by * level probably won't happen at this point. We have had precraft, mod gate, mod gate 2.0 and as bad as those were it wouldn't be as bad as gating zeta's to * level at this point.

But hey this is a interwebs forum so you can ask for anything you want.

3* zeta characters are here to stay.
  • Warp3dM1nd
    149 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Well guess what you can put more than 2 pieces of g11 on most characters before they are 7*. Just a quick look at my roster and I have or can equip 4-5 on many g11 non 7*. I get your rant though.

I can give you the quick and easy answer (guess) why this won't happen. It is to late to do this. It has been almost 2 years (Nov 2016) since zeta's were introduced. To suddenly gate zeta by * level probably won't happen at this point. We have had precraft, mod gate, mod gate 2.0 and as bad as those were it wouldn't be as bad as gating zeta's to * level at this point.

But hey this is a interwebs forum so you can ask for anything you want.

3* zeta characters are here to stay.

Then why is my Sion gated then if others aren't. Here is the proof..
    dy8su3g9gky1.png
    9ubrz61gac0t.png

Im assuming my DN is also gated I will find out once I have his 2nd pieced geared. If you dont mind could you post a picture. Of it im not doubting yourr words but if what you say is true then im going to make a 2nd thread asking CG to explain why some toons are gated until G11 and others are not. I just discover more stuff everyday that is making me disgusted with this game. Thank you forum at least understanding where I'm coming from.

The shard thing is driving me crazy I use to do 2x5 runs on Sion and DN and would almost always get at least 2 per some days more some days less. Seriously tho I ran DN 5 times not 1 shard bought 5 more and finally got 1 shard. I did get 2 off the 5 run on Sion. I ran Baze 10 time not 1 shard. Honestly after just 3 days the 40 people plus me charting shards, gear, and ship shards and this is number we have got.

Shards 13.2% (this also gets worst if the shard has a toon and ship on it)
    Specific gear on hard nodes 6.3%
    Ships by far is the worst coming in at roughly 2.4%

Of course this for another thread and only 3 days of collecting so far. We are going to do a month and report back the percentages after that month.

• You seem confused @Warp3dM1nd , all chars hit g11 without being seven star, You need to be seven star to finish off g11 plus, or to complete g12, whichever way makes more sense to you.
    I didnt lose fyi so it sounds like somebody just wants increase their post count while trying and failing to be whitty. I'm sorry that there is nothing to be done about your NEET status. Do you need someone to hold your hand while you cross the street back to reddit.

9jozf2w7tixv.png

You seem really passionate about this, and that's cool. I wasn't trying to be "whitty" (it's witty). I couldn't give a whit (see what I did there?) about the non-problem you're describing. It's just odd to me that nearly everyone here is suggesting that your solution to the non-problem you're describing isn't a healthy solution. If it's not that you're struggling against low geared, zeta'd Bastila, then what has sparked your ire, here? Why are you riled about payers having more access to better characters?
  • You seem confused @Warp3dM1nd , all chars hit g11 without being seven star, You need to be seven star to finish off g11 plus, or to complete g12, whichever way makes more sense to you.

Did you look at my picture it won't allow me to put anymore gear on my Sion until he reaches 7stars. Yet others in my post said I must be wrong because they have several toons loaded with more then just 2 G11 pieces. I'm angry that nobody seems to see this as wrong especially if other toons are allowed to full gear their g11 toons. Yet I am only allowed to put 2 pieces of gear on before I have to wait until 7 to put anymore.
    You seem confused @Warp3dM1nd , all chars hit g11 without being seven star, You need to be seven star to finish off g11 plus, or to complete g12, whichever way makes more sense to you.

Did you look at my picture it won't allow me to put anymore gear on my Sion until he reaches 7stars. Yet others in my post said I must be wrong because they have several toons loaded with more then just 2 G11 pieces. I'm angry that nobody seems to see this as wrong especially if other toons are allowed to full gear their g11 toons. Yet I am only allowed to put 2 pieces of gear on before I have to wait until 7 to put anymore.

You are confused, Your sion is gear 11. . . . The pieces you are working towards are for completing gear 12
  • Further more, every char is different with regards to what gear slots require seven star to hit g12, some have one seven str locked slot, some have 4-5 ,

9jozf2w7tixv.png

Is you mistake a 3 letter word for a 5 letter word you have problems other than eyesight. This isn't a case of a simple misread, you based an entire post about how stupid something is when you didn't even bother to double check that your basic premise was correct to begin with. But oh yeah, I'm the one attacking you, when all I was implying is that you were trying to cover up your mistake with something as dumb as "well I couldn't see it" when that's obviously not the case. Yeah, I'm going to lose so much sleep over being called brainless from the guy who apparently can't count.
  • Warp3dM1nd
    149 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    You seem really passionate about this, and that's cool. I wasn't trying to be "whitty" (it's witty). I couldn't give a whit (see what I did there?) about the non-problem you're describing. It's just odd to me that nearly everyone here is suggesting that your solution to the non-problem you're describing isn't a healthy solution. If it's not that you're struggling against low geared, zeta'd Bastila, then what has sparked your ire, here? Why are you riled about payers having more access to better characters?

Yeah I know it is witty but I have a old note 10.1 02 model and the keyboard lags something fierce if I'm using the default keyboard. You would probably laugh if I said that when I tested it was in the top 6% in the country in English and grammar. My best friend makes fun of me because it's worse on discord. He is like "Usually your the one doing corrections even though most times you dislike too. But that tablet make you seem like a chimpanzee learning how to type." I give him the finger and then continue poor pitchers.
    Post edited by Warp3dM1nd on
  • Warp3dM1nd
    149 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Is you mistake a 3 letter word for a 5 letter word you have problems other than eyesight. This isn't a case of a simple misread, you based an entire post about how **** something is when you didn't even bother to double check that your basic premise was correct to begin with. But oh yeah, I'm the one attacking you, when all I was implying is that you were trying to cover up your mistake with something as dumb as "well I couldn't see it" when that's obviously not the case. Yeah, I'm going to lose so much sleep over being called brainless from the guy who apparently can't count.
    Get off my case and my eyesight seriously? Would you like a website that simulates what my eyesight is without corrective lens so that you will shut up. I guess your awesome eye sight didn't catch that you meant If instead Is at the beginning of your post. If you would like scientific proof of people with perfect eyesight mistakenly reading something wrong I can prove and make you more of a fool for pursuing this
    Did I act impulsively after seeing 3 star toons with zetas but I'm being stopped from adding a piece of gear yes.

I'm pretty sure I had to fuse several needed pieces of salvage that could have been added else where that they are needed since that one will sit there for about a year until having enough for 7 with the drop rates of farming on hard nodes.

BTW we are still coming in at 10.7% shard drop on hard nodes?. If it has a ship and a toon it's far lower coming in 7.3%