How do you justify hard node farming to new players

2Next

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Re op: it’s almost as it’s harder to start now than years ago. Unfair!...

It's not only harder, it's simply incredibly limiting

the game feeling limited has nothing to do with hard node farms. the game is a grind, it takes time to get where you want to. There is no rush, as new players are only pitted against new players.

Listen kyno, you can't convince me that a new player wouldn't struggle to keep up in this game. Obviously the game is meant to be a grind but nobody said it's not. The problem is that for a starting player there's too many squads go work towards at this point and too many hard nodes to farm. We had to farm these hard nodes 1-2 at a time, we had time to finish a couple before the next toons rolled in. New players have all these toons and the ones will be added in the process.

I for example, didn't start the game until almost a year after release, I still haven't geared my Jawas, Clones, OG droids, Ewoks, separatists, OG BH, Tuskens, even most of my Phoenix, FO, R1.

I jumped into the Wiggs meta, before I could finish them the meta switched to Sith so I switched my focus to them, then Chaze R2, Rex, then CLS Titans, then Talzin and Rey. Added all the required toons for TBs like the Hoth toons and Imp Troopers. Then the meta switched to Palpatine and now we have Bastila. I just never had the time to go back and complete my clones and ewoks and phoenix and FO and all these other squads.

With the same logic and new player would have to jump into the Traya and Bastila meta after they finish Phoenix for Palpatine and Thrawn. They will have to get a bunch of Jedi to make sure they can unlock Yoda so they can use him with Bastila.

By then the meta could very well change because eventually we'll get a separatist rework with Grievous which means that all this hype for Bastila could be a fluke, I don't think it will be but you never know. By that time they must already be working towards unlocking Rey which requires FO, R2 and Vets. Untill all that's done we could be looking at well over a year.

Do you know what this means? It means they are NEVER going to have the time and resources to EVER get a team of: clones, Jawas, Ewoks, FO, BH, Scoundrels, R1, Nightsisters, Phoenix, imp troopers, empire, droids and more. Unless of course they spend MAJOR bucks. So what I want to say is that we need a system where newer players can catch up but unfortunately we aren't making older characters easier to aquire.

For example, Baze, Shoretrooper, Krennic, SA, ST, Nihilus they all have been in the game for so long and we still don't have easier methods to aquire them than hard nodes and big cantina nodes. Why should a new player have to go through a 7 month farm to get Baze or to get Krennic or to get Shoretrooper?

The game is simply refusing to make characters who have been in the game for ages, easier to farm which cloggs the game and creates problems. So what if I had to spend 7-8-9 months to farm Nihilus? This doesn't mean that 1.5 years after his release he should still take that long to be farmed. Why aren't they using stores to add characters like Baze and Shoretrooper so that people can farm them sooner if they choose, instead of keeping them behind single hard nodes? That's all I want to know

Catch up to who? Why would a new player facing players that have been in game for the same amount of time, need to catch up to a meta of an older shard?

There is no need for a new player to catch up as they are all facing players in the same situation. Newer shards are almost always behind a meta or 2. Seeing Phoenix (never really meta) and NS is common in the top 20, palp was a fairly "easy transition" this meta, so that could be a little more common, but they will only be running soon and DN if they happened to be here for the marquee.

They absolutely will have time and resources to gear R1, BH, FO, Empire and troopers. The all serve an in game purpose, they will make a plan that includes them. The devs have made much of the gear and other resources more available, even the shard hunt with the increase to 5 on a hard node.

I hear you saying you understand the game is a grind but I dont think you actually get it. Many of us have put years into the game, I wouldn't expect anything to change to make it take less time than that to get to a point where you dont need to farm someone. I got really close once. I had all toons unlocked for 3 days before they introduced wicket. Plan and prioritize everyone gets there. Single hard node farms are not the end of the world, and you dont need to catch them all in the first year. There is over 150 toons but still, only about 75 are necessary, the rest just kinda happen as time goes on.