Critical damage vs Critical Chance, when to use either?

I normally look for Critical damage (triangle mod). But I wonder about C. Chance and is it ever better to use it instead?

Replies

• Options
    In another game the opinion would be Crit is a wish, power is a cert. But here, we cannot boost power like cc or cd. So...…….
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    There are some characters that rely on Crits to activate abilities. Denger and Embo and IG88 lead and Greedo and maybe ROLO? come to mind. So then maybe a +12% crit chance triangle and Crit Damage set on them. Otherwise A crit damage triangle is usually better on an attacker. 40-50% crit chance is bare minimum on an attacker for me personally.

You can get some mods +5-8% crit chance secondary abilities, so those are pretty nice.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    There are some characters that rely on Crits to activate abilities. Denger and Embo and IG88 lead and Greedo and maybe ROLO? come to mind. So then maybe a +12% crit chance triangle and Crit Damage set on them. Otherwise A crit damage triangle is usually better on an attacker. 40-50% crit chance is bare minimum on an attacker for me personally.

You can get some mods +5-8% crit chance secondary abilities, so those are pretty nice.

I love Raid Han's CC. 69% :)
  • Options
    45% CC I think is the general bare minimum to run a CD set. I'm running CD sets on my Ezra and GMY and they crit about half the time. Ezra is at 45% but GMY only has like 25% special crit chance yet he crits like he's got 40% or so. I like running a full crit dmg set with a crit dmg triangle on them cause when they hit for over 60k, it's quite satisfying.
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »

This. If you have a specific purpose like wantung to make sure Kanan gives Offense Down, there's room for a CC triangle.
  • Options
    Boy if this game had templates, I'd be a happy guy.