Please increase gear drop rates

Prev1
With all these new characters the gear crunch is getting beyond a joke. It was bad already but now how do you expect us to gear them now.

Call it my own fault if you want but ive been playing 7 months and spent £180 but only have 3 gear 12 characters!!!!! Are you kidding me!

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No, no one is kidding you. 7 months is a drop in the bucket. The game has a long cycle, and you are in the first 1/4 of it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    No, no one is kidding you. 7 months is a drop in the bucket. The game has a long cycle, and you are in the first 1/4 of it.

How long do the developers realistically expect you to play before you get bored though. The game is obviously supposed to be a grind but its getting worse all the time.
    Lack of gear, character overload, endless marques its just getting frustrating there is no fun just addiction.

Sounds like the game might not be for you.

Planning and focus are the key to good development.

Fighting the "I need them all now" is the key to staying calm and staying on target.

Many of us have been here for over 2 years.... so that's a good starting point, and we know they have a road map out another 3 years....

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes it's a marathon pace, nothing happens fast.

If your plan is to have the new toon for some reason you can make it happen. But if you are running a plan that doesn't, dont get distracted by the new and shiny. That's the point if the plan.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes it's a marathon pace, nothing happens fast.

If your plan is to have the new toon for some reason you can make it happen. But if you are running a plan that doesn't, dont get distracted by the new and shiny. That's the point if the plan.

This is funny because characters that are new and shiny to me are now 4 generations old. They are constantly getting replaced before you can properly get 7* and gear them.

No new characters will frustrate people so the logical way to make people happy is to increase resources.

You planning argument doesnt change the fact that people are getting increasingly frustrated from f2p, small spenders like me even to whales who are admitting to frustration.

They have been increasing the resource availability, it is way better when you started than it had been for the previous almost 2 years.

The design has always been to frustrate to some extent.

Increasing resources doesnt make people happy. It actually leads to people leaving due to hitting other bottle necks sooner, this was explained by the devs when they changed the early game rewards. The design is to always have goals for someone to be working to.

New toon or not, everyone playing is pitted against people in the same situation and only when comparing to people who have been more invested in the game (time or $$) will they feel like they need more.

It's all paced and I'm sure they look at all the data, they increase the availability of gear slowly and exactingly
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If you are in a position where I nee toon is what you need for your development then you should be managing your gear with that in mind.

That is all part of what I mean when I say planning, it's not just about shards, it's about gear too.

If you feel that you need every toon right now, there is a path for you, $$.

Everything else is a long game plan. If you keep a focused plan than you can keep up with your shardmates. Make good choices and do the research. This game is all about resource management and all the resources are there, but you need to make choices.

Yes it will take a long time to build a roster that will rival a 1.5 year vet, but you only have to worry about the people who have been here 7 months like you.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If you are in a position where I nee toon is what you need for your development then you should be managing your gear with that in mind.

That is all part of what I mean when I say planning, it's not just about shards, it's about gear too.

If you feel that you need every toon right now, there is a path for you, $$.

Everything else is a long game plan. If you keep a focused plan than you can keep up with your shardmates. Make good choices and do the research. This game is all about resource management and all the resources are there, but you need to make choices.

Yes it will take a long time to build a roster that will rival a 1.5 year vet, but you only have to worry about the people who have been here 7 months like you.

Thats arena only. Territory wars is a different story.

Nope it's all a long game plan. Which can be made shorter (time = $$).

If you are choosing to be in a guild that is above your rosters ability, that is your choice and not the fault of the game or dev team.

The game and the development of your roster is all about choices, and should all be part of your plan.

Farming the most cross useful toons and teams that will hold usefulness the longest.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The fact that time=$$ is just a fact. some people want to make up days, some people can afford to make up years. we all do what we want, its not about how much, its just about the fact that if you feel things are taking too long there is a solution.

We have all been there, and it may seem that way, but its not the case. you can make it work in the current situation. You can progress, the problem is you want to progress faster for free. Thats just not the way the game is designed.

Almost no team is obsolete, almost every past meta has a place in TW and TB. its all about smart development.

There has not been a single new marquee toon that has made a meta just worthless. they have been "hints" and been a good point of reflection on plans to maybe change direction but thats about it.

Again, want to compete in a guild outside of your roster can lead to this feeling, but that doesn't mean the game is broken or wrong. that is your choice on how to play. the game doesn't suit every play style all at the same time. its all about choices, and how to make your roster work for what you want.
  • £180 is not for free fella.

That’s also is very little as well. Add a zero or two lol then you might have a leg to stand on, as it is, your essentially free to play at that lol.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    £180 is not for free fella.

That’s also is very little as well. Add a zero or two lol then you might have a leg to stand on, as it is, your essentially free to play at that lol.

Unfortunately in this game this is true. That is roughly the monthly budget of a light p2p.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I agree its very little in this game it gets you nothing. There really should be pricing laws and I'm sure in the next few years there will be.

Developers are taking extreme advantage of people regardless of their wealth.

It's not really about laws (not to go off topic), we are already seeing players pushing back and using PR to start to curb this path. We can only hope that continues and companies figure out a better scheme that will allow us all to enjoy and them to profit.

Despite the pricing, this game is fairly f2p friendly and even p2p without a continued effort can be overcome, but the whole game is just on a very long time table and that's not for everyone.
  • I agree its very little in this game it gets you nothing. There really should be pricing laws and I'm sure in the next few years there will be.

Fixed price points in the gaming industry have forced their hand on alternate monetization methods. During the Super Nintendo era, the price of a full cost AAA title was 50-60 US dollars. Today, the price of a full cost AAA title is about 60 US dollars despite development costs growing tremendously, and the value of a dollar being a little over half what it was 28 years ago, but any price hike and the market refuses to buy.

Variable and voluntary price structures are what let companies stay afloat while bringing the quality of games the market demands.
    Still not a he.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    I agree its very little in this game it gets you nothing. There really should be pricing laws and I'm sure in the next few years there will be.

Fixed price points in the gaming industry have forced their hand on alternate monetization methods. During the Super Nintendo era, the price of a full cost AAA title was 50-60 US dollars. Today, the price of a full cost AAA title is about 60 US dollars despite development costs growing tremendously, and the value of a dollar being a little over half what it was 28 years ago, but any price hike and the market refuses to buy.

Variable and voluntary price structures are what let companies stay afloat while bringing the quality of games the market demands.

This brings a valid point. People will refuse to pay price increases yet spend thousands on low quality games like this.

That is because developers exploit peoples addictive tendencies and also people forget the value of money when it is not physically in their hand. I bet if you put a few thousand in a whales hand then said give it away for a few crystals they would refuse.

This statement is made a lot, and it's really a little but of a misunderstanding. We all have different levels of disposable income and our own values of what is worth it for our personal enjoyment.

How much someone will spend "at the drop of a hat", is sometimes hard for others to understand and lead to assumptions about other people, that doesnt make it true.
  • This brings a valid point. People will refuse to pay price increases yet spend thousands on low quality games like this.

That is because developers exploit peoples addictive tendencies and also people forget the value of money when it is not physically in their hand. I bet if you put a few thousand in a whales hand then said give it away for a few crystals they would refuse.
    This is not a low quality game.

That said, gaming compulsion and gambling compulsion as it applies to games are a severely underresearched subject. The data is not out to make definitive statements as you are, nor to legislate in an informed fashion.

The structure of income in this sort of game is generally fractal. Let's say 50% of income for the game comes from 20% of the players. I do not know if that is the right value for this game in particular, but it's a reasonable ballpark.

That rule applies to both the upper and lower 20/80%. 25% of the game's income comes from 4% of the players. 12.5% comes from .8%. 6.25% of income comes from the top .04% of the player base.

Meanwhile, on the lower end, 25% of the income is from the lower 64% of players, and 12.5% of income comes from the lower 51.2% of players.

If you cater solely to one end of the spectrum or the other, you lose a large portion of your income. Low spenders and high spenders are both very important for sustaining the game, and neither can sustain on their own.

Individual disposable income also varies broadly.

Financing this game is not a matter of a handful of mega-whales. It's about the entire player base, including the free players.
    Still not a he.
  • They've already made gear significantly more available numerous times by adding more vectors for gaining gear, rather han raising drop rates.

Energy is not the primary source for rare gear.
    Still not a he.
  • The talk of the gear crunch does not necessarily mean there's a problem.

This is a long term game, that needs to last indefinitely. But as of now, it needs to last long enough that there's still content for people who have been playing since the very beginning.

Not having everyone ready to go right now is not a failure of the game. It means there's still game to play.
    Still not a he.

You don't need to have everything capped to have fun.

You're in a shard with people who started the same time as you.

Yes, people who started a year ago will have less stuff than people who started two years ago. In one year, the people who started a year ago will have more than the people who started two years ago have right now, because the game has been accelerated.

Other people having nice things is not you being punished.
    Still not a he.