Speed needs an opposite stat for balance

Tryxa
179 posts Member
Kind of like how potency and tenacity are opposites, there needs to be a stat (not just a debuff) that can reduce enemy speed. Not sure what to call it though -- Hindrance? Finesse? Well, whatever the name would be, it needs to be there. That way the game can be less about speed farming and more about actual gameplay.

Replies

• how would "anti speed" even work? Assume speed of say 200 and anti speed of say 20 or 10% compared with anti-speed of say 40 or 20%. What changes would you observe?
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    how would "anti speed" even work? Assume speed of say 200 and anti speed of say 20 or 10% compared with anti-speed of say 40 or 20%. What changes would you observe?

That's the question I have as well. Let's say I have an anti-speed mod of -5, does this just reduce the speed of every opponent by 5? If so, how is that different from a gameplay standpoint than if I had just given my character a +5 speed mod?
  • We need more characters like Vet Chewy that get stronger if they are slower.

We also need better passive anti Nihilus strategies. Right now the only way to stop him from annihilating is to be faster so you can isolate or fracture him. There are no other debuffs that stick with Traya. There is no way to prevent cooldown reduction. This essentially puts a timer on every match, meaning it’s hard to use characters who get stronger as the battle goes on.
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Maybe anti-speed can be percentage-based. Like, an anti-speed of 100 reduces speed 10% kind of thing.

Or alternatively, add or rework a few Support characters so that while they're active, enemy speed is reduced by x%. So it's on that toon to be protected, and it's on the speed obsessors to kill him/her/it first if they want full pew pew.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    how would "anti speed" even work? Assume speed of say 200 and anti speed of say 20 or 10% compared with anti-speed of say 40 or 20%. What changes would you observe?

That's the question I have as well. Let's say I have an anti-speed mod of -5, does this just reduce the speed of every opponent by 5? If so, how is that different from a gameplay standpoint than if I had just given my character a +5 speed mod?

That’s OP, you have 5 characters with 10 Slow each on every mod and that’s already 10*6*5=300. It’d be the new “Speed” stat.