Potency Check

VonZant
3843 posts Member
Does an ability that REMOVES buffs have to do a potency check to see if buff is removed? Like Embo's or Nihilus' basic? Or do it just remove them as long as it is a hit?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No check.

As long as it hits it will remove the buff
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    No check.

As long as it hits it will remove the buff

Thanks. What about drain force reducing a cooldown? I guess what decides if there is a potency check or not? I dont think it has to apply a debuff? I think I have seen STHan TM reduction be resisted but it doesnt apply a debuff. Just a negaive effect.
  • Applying debuffs and removing turn meter are the only things that go through a potency check.
    So yeah Drain Force doesn't do a potency check it's just 50% against enemies with no debuffs and 100% against debuffed enemies,
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Kreontas wrote: »
    Applying debuffs and removing turn meter are the only things that go through a potency check.
    So yeah Drain Force doesn't do a potency check it's just 50% against enemies with no debuffs and 100% against debuffed enemies,

Perfect sense. Thank you.
    518 posts Member
    Yes at least one still does : Plo Koon’s basic is removing a buff or multiple buffs but sometimes you can think it’s bugged and sometimes it works without explanation.
    In fact, it’s related to an ancient formula about removing buffs abilities that were doing a potency check before. It’s long gone and Plo is the last remaining piece of it.
  • I know this is an old thread but I noticed that my Bastila Shan was failing to dispel taunts on Mace Windu's auto taunt under a mirror teams Bastilla lead. I put potency mods on her and now she almost always dispels enemy buffs. I realize this is not part of her basic attack as in the cases above, but this seems to suggest that potency checks do apply even though the language of the ability description seems to guarantee that the dispel will land and apply. Its annoying I hate to fill mod slots with potency when I could have CC. Just my unsolicited 2 cents.
  • I know this is an old thread but I noticed that my Bastila Shan was failing to dispel taunts on Mace Windu's auto taunt under a mirror teams Bastilla lead. I put potency mods on her and now she almost always dispels enemy buffs. I realize this is not part of her basic attack as in the cases above, but this seems to suggest that potency checks do apply even though the language of the ability description seems to guarantee that the dispel will land and apply. Its annoying I hate to fill mod slots with potency when I could have CC. Just my unsolicited 2 cents.

Mace Window's auto taunt?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Jedi tanks get a pre-taunt under Bastilla.
  • lladdir
    146 posts Member
    You probably won’t remember if he did but the taunt wouldn’t be dispelled if mace had foresight.
  • VonZant wrote: »

Oh wow, that should nake Mace and Plo considerably more useful if they are built up already. I have a 4* Bastilla never used her
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »

Oh wow, that should nake Mace and Plo considerably more useful if they are built up already. I have a 4* Bastilla never used her

Even if you are far away from Revan you should gear and zeta her lead. Very useful.
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Considering this thread is pretty old I'm going to close it off.
This discussion has been closed.