EP-Vader duo synergy!

dimi4a
1558 posts Member
So why isn't there a unique duo synergy between Palpatine and Vader like there is a unique trio synergy between Traya, Nihilus and Sion, especially now when Bastila Shan teams own the meta? Maybe add a second unique to EP and Vader called "Rule of Two" that makes them assist or buff each other.

Replies

• Rmaxtpmx
    294 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Because they're relationship was master-slave. Or did you believe all of Palpatine's lies too? ;)
  • The way their abilities interact synergize well enough without any of their abilities mentioning each other by name, and Vader is the only character besides Palpatine himself who can make full use of Palpatine's leadership ability.
    Still not a he.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    dimi4a wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    The way their abilities interact synergize well enough without any of their abilities mentioning each other by name, and Vader is the only character besides Palpatine himself who can make full use of Palpatine's leadership ability.

Well all of that is useless against Bastila Shan teams. And most players don't have Traya unlocked so... their Sith teams get pretty much destroyed! The balance of this game was once again broken by the power creep!

But Traya is a raid reward from the newest raid, and she is the true meta team over Bastila. Bastila just pushed EP lead out of the meta so that everyone would want Traya even more.
  • "I am rock. Nerf paper. Scissors fine."
    Still not a he.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    The way their abilities interact synergize well enough without any of their abilities mentioning each other by name, and Vader is the only character besides Palpatine himself who can make full use of Palpatine's leadership ability.

Well all of that is useless against Bastila Shan teams. And most players don't have Traya unlocked so... their Sith teams get pretty much destroyed! The balance of this game was once again broken by the power creep!

But Traya is a raid reward from the newest raid, and she is the true meta team over Bastila. Bastila just pushed EP lead out of the meta so that everyone would want Traya even more.

Very few teams have Traya because of how hard she is to unlock and farm, so Bastila teams are mostly dominating the meta now. Besides by the time most f2p players unlock her, she may no longer be a meta defining character. So now players who invested in the Sith, but don't have Traya are pretty much screwed, because there is no balance! I was suggesting this duo synergy as a compromise for Palp teams without Traya, to stand a better chance against Bastila teams.

Meta is the most effective team available... Traya is still meta. Bastila just trumps EP lead. Use FO, Titans, NS, etc. Should easily beat Bastila, Bastila is just Rex tailored specifically to the EP lead meta.

Also there are plenty of f2p players with Traya, they're just veteran f2ps. Traya isn't exactly abundant, but she sure is in older arena shards.

Now I understand suggesting duo synergy, but if you look at how EP and Vader work off of one another's leader abilities, it's pretty clear they have a lot of synergy, it just isn't directly stated, which is better because that means you can also use them effectively separately. You can run an EP lead and a Vader lead and have two very powerful teams for raids/TB/etc, whereas you really can't split up the trio at all otherwise you're really hindering their effectiveness.
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Also there are plenty of f2p players with Traya, they're just veteran f2ps. Traya isn't exactly abundant, but she sure is in older arena shards.
    I'm F2P, been playing a bit over a year, and I'm pulling about ten Traya shards a week. Don't have her yet, but I'm on my way. My guild just managed to get heroic Sith on farm.
    Still not a he.