Zeta material drop rate

I know, I know, its all Random Number Generation, before anyone would start with that very kind of explanation, but that does not explain the lack of zeta drop. Its been a month already and I didnt get any Zeta from challenges since the latest ship upgrade material update. For me it looks like the drop chances got worse because there are more items to count with. And pretty please, dont tell me its only because I'm out of luck or you get 2-3 Zeta material every 2nd or 3rd time.

Something is not right with that RNG calculation!

Replies

• Jooms
    74 posts Member
    Options
    I feel ya. Im going on 3 weeks strong without a zeta drop from the challenge
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options
    I know you said not to say this but hope you take it on the chin:

I get at least 4 a month, but those aren't spread evenly. The point is I (relatively) frequently get them. With that in mind it means, and you'll hate this so sorry, that you are just being unlucky currently. The alternative explanation is that I'm lying for sh1ts & giggles, or the designers are picking on you / favouring me. You'll get them eventually.
  • Options
    I have never received a zeta from a challenge drop I didnt even know you could. I do good to get gold. So that is roughly 4 months of no zeta drops hows that for bad rng. According to be the mods and CG employees were just imagining things. The only zetas I get is from saving up and buying them in the ship store or from the end of month log in. Jeez im furious now knowing zetas should be dropping in the challenge and they arent.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Yup, sadly it's all luck. Just got my first one today in my last 12 attempts. It happens.

The wild fluctuations can be frustrating. It would be nice if they were a little more even rather than feast or famine. For example last week I did a 3x energy refresh for stun guns and got 16 total (one of those was a ridiculously lucky 8/12). Tried again today and got 3/36. RNG is RNG.
  • Options
    I’d say 25%. I roughly get 1 zeta per challenge day.
  • Options
    Warp3dM1nd wrote: »
    I have never received a zeta from a challenge drop I didnt even know you could. I do good to get gold. So that is roughly 4 months of no zeta drops hows that for bad rng. According to be the mods and CG employees were just imagining things. The only zetas I get is from saving up and buying them in the ship store or from the end of month log in. Jeez im furious now knowing zetas should be dropping in the challenge and they arent.

Sorry to jump on this, but I don’t believe that.

Are you attempting the Ship Ability Materials challenge tier 3 or 4? That’s the only challenge that pays out zetas. You need to have a host of DS ships at the required stat level and Executrix as well.

• jackaldo20
    128 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I'm doing tier 4 and I get 1-2zeta mats every 2-4 challenges on average...you sure we are talking about the same thing?
  • Options

Because you aren't doing tier three or four of the challenge. No way you can do those tiers with only three 5* ships.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/warp3dm1nd/ships/
  • Options

Because you aren't doing tier three or four of the challenge. No way you can do those tiers with only three 5* ships.

Nice work detective! Book him Dano, Fake News 1.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options

Nice work detective! Book him Dano, Fake News 1.

He was telling the truth I suppose...
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    I’d say 25%. I roughly get 1 zeta per challenge day.

That's about where I'm at, I've had more times getting 2 than zero that's for sure.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Average drop rate on tier 3 of the challenge was proven to be 2/3 when tracking for more than a year. A member posted all his data and various analysis earlier this year. I assume the drop rate is the same on tier 4,
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Average drop rate on tier 3 of the challenge was proven to be 2/3 when tracking for more than a year. A member posted all his data and various analysis earlier this year. I assume the drop rate is the same on tier 4,

A 67% drop rate? Are you completely sure?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Yes.
  • AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    25% in my (long) experience... with several 0/4 days.... the last 3 days.... :-(
    Post edited by AleSahnDroh_1979 on
  • Options
    Then I guess the RNG favours some players more than others :) Last week I got 1 zeta mat but none since then. This is still a bad average compared to those who got 2/3.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Ferka87 wrote: »
    Then I guess the RNG favours some players more than others :) Last week I got 1 zeta mat but none since then. This is still a bad average compared to those who got 2/3.

The player, who posted the analysis, had tracked his drops for a little more than a year. I'm sure he had dry streaks as well.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Yes.

I quite frankly don't believe that. Do you have a link to the data? It would make zetas the highest drop rate in the game. I suspect it's half that and you're not taking into account that each attempt is for 2 zetas.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Wether you believe it or not doesn't affect the poster's results. It's all there in his forum post. When they fix the search function, you can search yourself.

v4x0e1b9e9hc.png

Regarding the possibility of having 2 drop from the same attempt:

The poster tracked wether 2, 1 or 0 zetas dropped from each attempt. He was quite thorough.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Since this discussion, I tracked my drops for 8 challenge battles. The results were:

1 x 2 zetas, 4 x 1 zeta and 3 x 0.

No, this doesn't prove a 75% drop rate, but it proves that while some experience dry streaks, others have zetas dropping.
  • Options
    Would be nice a weekly minimum amount of zeta :D just like the omega material at the end of the daily activities :)