Let’s talk about a new TB

Prev1
There are two TB which are based on Hoth battle: Rebel vs. Empire, and we could farm IPD and ROLO from their special missions.
Now, there could be someone who wants a rework of separatists or hopes to see Hermit Luke Skywalker or maybe... Snoke or Hux..
What do you think about a new Territory battle based on Republic vs. Separatist (or Resistance vs. First Order)?
We could farm special characters from a new TB!

And, I really want a rework of separatists and first order...

Replies

• This could be really good mainly the republic vs separatist but we would need more separatist toons
  • Honestly either a Republic vs Separatist would work or a First Order vs Resistance. Would be a great way to expand the game and guild experience along with introducing new toons for both sides.
  • And where would these new TB fit in the schedule? We run 2 a month. It’s either a TB every week, on top of TW, or have a longer wait between rolo and ipd shards.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I want a Snoke toon so bad. They made him an awesome villain, before ridiculously not following through.
  • The issue with a new TB is that ROLO and IPD would have to be made more readily available or a lot of players would be locked out on them. Making them more readily available would then devalue them for others, but they are F2P so no biggie to me. I have them at 7* anyway so it matters not to me. I'd love a new TB and new toons!
  • Mmmh I don't know if Snoke isn't coming due to a possible part in the last chapter of the new new trilogy
    Do or don't there is no try
  • First battle of Geonosis w/ LS reward being Padme and DS reward being Jango, perhaps? There's already enough Separatist-tagged toons to make two full squads, but this would be a great opportunity to add in a B1 battle droid and a Droideka, and possibly a Separatist capital ship. Would also be a good reason to rework the Geonosians and make them useful outside of Fleet.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I am so down for any new TB. Not that I'm tired of the two we have, I just really like them.

I kinda wish we get a neutral TB eventually so we can pull teams from both sides. Jedi and Sith should join hands to beat... criminals or something. Maybe the aliens from the 2nd Thrawn novel
  • Mmmh I don't know if Snoke isn't coming due to a possible part in the last chapter of the new new trilogy

I'm really split on whether I even want him in the game or not.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • HK666 wrote: »
    I am so down for any new TB. Not that I'm tired of the two we have, I just really like them.

I kinda wish we get a neutral TB eventually so we can pull teams from both sides. Jedi and Sith should join hands to beat... criminals or something. Maybe the aliens from the 2nd Thrawn novel

They could always team up against the Vong.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Mmmh I don't know if Snoke isn't coming due to a possible part in the last chapter of the new new trilogy

I'd say Snoke's chances are about 50/50.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Snoke was scraped as a legendary after the whole Rose Tico fiasco,they were going to release him as a legendary with holdo and rose required to unlock him.
    Ever since the mass boycott of Rose,Snoke's release has been off the table.
    If at all he is to roll out in the future, it will probably be after they fix their current bugs in the game.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Make a new harder TB so you don't need to keep shifting the goal posts with platoons by spamming us with marquee toons please lol.
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Mmmh I don't know if Snoke isn't coming due to a possible part in the last chapter of the new new trilogy

I'd say Snoke's chances are about 50/50.

Top 50 or bottom 50?
  • I think there are only a handful of guilds doing 45* in lstb and less than that doing 48* in dstb.
    With a new Tb- means new toons that you must farm. And not a lot of guilds are close to “beating” it. This would be the ultimate moving of the goal post. Kind of like moving the whole field.

But to go along with the post - dstb feels a lot better player wise. 4 waves. And essentially need 4 teams to go all the way through. For future tbs I hope they follow that format.
  • I love the idea of TB, I wish it was bigger.

From a player's perspective:
    More Combat and Special Missions and more Platoons. Which means less dependency on Deployment.

From EA's perspective:
    A few Special Missions and Platoons that benefit Guilds that has players that spent the money to get all the latest non-farmable Toons to 7*.

The only tidbit I'm not a fan of in the current format, is that it requires so many of the faction to be Platoon'ed. Imperial Invasion requires lots of Empire to used for non-Combat. Same with Rebels's version.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • I love the idea of TB, I wish it was bigger.

From a player's perspective:
    More Combat and Special Missions and more Platoons. Which means less dependency on Deployment.

From EA's perspective:
    A few Special Missions and Platoons that benefit Guilds that has players that spent the money to get all the latest non-farmable Toons to 7*.

The only tidbit I'm not a fan of in the current format, is that it requires so many of the faction to be Platoon'ed. Imperial Invasion requires lots of Empire to used for non-Combat. Same with Rebels's version.

Yep. Empire is ds biggest faction. And there is like 20 or so less ds toons than ls.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    The idea of Clone Wars era TB has been floating here for quite a while already. FO vs Resistance is a bit more problematic, the only ground battle was Crait and that was even more desperate last stand than Hoth. Anyway, the question is if there is actual need for a new TB. Are the current ones getting completed enough to call them obsolete and move on or do they still have enough to give? I would say that the overall power level hasn't advanced that much and the current TBs are still filling their role just fine.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    I think what these guys mean is more variety. However, at only two or three TB per month, I fail to see the point of any further variety. We have one where we represent the light side, and one for dark side. All our toons are being used. What would be different about another theme, other than the background? Different squad / toon requirements for some missions?

Sounds a bit redundant, though I guess that's how you feel about the current TB's.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Rebmes wrote: »
    I think what these guys mean is more variety. However, at only two or three TB per month, I fail to see the point of any further variety. We have one where we represent the light side, and one for dark side. All our toons are being used. What would be different about another theme, other than the background? Different squad / toon requirements for some missions?

Sounds a bit redundant, though I guess that's how you feel about the current TB's.

Precisely, the only reason for a new TB right now would be novelty for the sake of novelty. Let's wait until we outgrow the current ones first.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Rebmes wrote: »

Precisely, the only reason for a new TB right now would be novelty for the sake of novelty. Let's wait until we outgrow the current ones first.

TW tho! Can have some cool changes. Faction and space specific
  • Veserion1 wrote: »
    Snoke was scraped as a legendary after the whole Rose Tico fiasco,they were going to release him as a legendary with holdo and rose required to unlock him.
    If at all he is to roll out in the future, it will probably be after they fix their current bugs in the game.

Source please
  • The reason we need a new TB is because the second TB was lazy content. It was just the first TB in reverse. We also need a second TW. Does anyone remember the TW preview battles that had some hot special abilities applying to the defenders (and or possibly the attackers). Those territory based special abilities we're never to be seen again. Then again there are other things that never came back, like the earn shards for a specific Jedi events. Droids fight back has been gone a long time but I feel like it isn't gone (it's not a great event and was). Days of spring needs to come back next spring because otherwise there is an impossible achievement.
    Thanks
  • The reason we need a new TB is because the second TB was lazy content. It was just the first TB in reverse.

Sounds more like an argument against a new TB. I definitely think a Geonosis TB would be awesome -- but...

I have to wonder if that's ever really going to happen. One thing that's proven true time and time again in the last year is that the software infrastructure that supports TB is really frail and it breaks a lot, breaks unpredictably, and the fixes are almost always painful and difficult. Patchwork on patchwork. I have to wonder if anyone at CG considers trying to push that farther to be worth the trouble.

I suspect we will get new TW maps instead.
  • When the TBs were announced I always envisioned them as a map with a bunch of mini-raids that you would pick and choose where you attack. Your guild would then get rewards based on the progress that you make. I would love to see something that actually enables you to use all of your characters beyond just deploying them.

I think a Battle of Endor with a Death Star run could be a really fun TB.
  • ChrisSkywalker
    553 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Or they could get creative for once and make up a TB that doesn’t fit with the movies. So many possibilities for a TB like that. For example, empire teaming up with first order to take on rebels and resistance. Any kind of mix match faction alliance could be cool and original.
  • The reason we need a new TB is because the second TB was lazy content. It was just the first TB in reverse.....
    I disagree. I think TBs are meant to be mirrors.

Say we get a Republic vs Separatist TB. Jedi and Clones would be "invading" Geonosis, while Separatists would be "defending" their planet. Again, it would another TB in reverse.

Resistance "invades" Starkiller Base, First Order "defends" it.

Rebels "invades" Endor, Empire "defends" it.

Empire "invades" Tattooine, Jawas and Tuskens "defend" it.

Jedi "invades" Malachor, Sith "defends" it.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Veserion1 wrote: »
    Snoke was scraped as a legendary after the whole Rose Tico fiasco,they were going to release him as a legendary with holdo and rose required to unlock him.

Source or speculation? you know you just can't say this without any evidence right?
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    How abt the old Jedi civil war ?? Or the sith Jedi war from the old republic ??
  • Swordd
    161 posts Member
    Maybe the new resistance cartoon will provide a resistance v. FO battle worthy of a full TB. Certainly there is enough clone wars content to use...ditto old republic.

If they do this, it would be great if guild leaders could choose what TB to do. Seems like it would be annoying for newer guilds to have to wait a couple months between each batch of ROLO/IPD shards as more TBs are created. Let them focus on one if they wish.

We would really need to see some stepped up flavor if they do this, though. As others have already said, we have LS and DS already. If the "new" TB just has new graphics and some different special missions, that's not really going to be exciting. The idea of a raid within the TB would be cool as long as it wasn't overly onerous. Imagine having to defeat various battlefield leaders, raid style, to buff your side or debuff the other side, instead of accomplishing this with platoons which are hated quite passionately by so many.

Would also be cool to see a map that can't be 100 pct covered in a single pass....i.e. a branching map that requires the guild to choose which paths to follow through the battlefield. Could add some variety as we play through again and again.