should this work against bastila?

I'm struggling against bastila lead teams in arena with my nighmare team, so Im thinking about swapping vader for probe droid. The plan is thrawn gives the turn to sion, then goes palp with 2nd special, fracture if there is still a taunt and self distruct on yoda with probe droid. Then its down to 4v4 but without yoda they should fall apart. Could this work? Should I gear up my probe droid or find an other solution?

Replies

• I'd say a better option would use sith marauder. Use his special to grant potency up and you can land debuffs
  • I havent unlocked ipd yet, but I think its self destruct has a couple of cooldown before it can be used.
  • It can only self destruct once it has less than full health. IPD will have the same issue that Vader has on the opener, which is getting through that additional tenacity from Bastila's zeta. In other words, it won't matter. zBastila teams are a challenge for nightmare, but it's possible since the AI so poorly uses them (I run zBastila on one account, zEP on a second and think there is no way that zEP should be able to beat a zBastila team with reasonably equivalent mods).

All that said, fracture tank, focus on GMY with individual attacks. He'll open up eventually and once he does, he's super squishy, so it's possible. Another alternative would be to remove DV in place of Raid Han, stun yoda on the opener, fracture tank, and go from there. Vader really isn't granting you much anyway since he can't really start debuffing until the match is already decided (that is GMY and GK/OB are already dead). DN, Thrawn and Sion are the rock stars here, clearing buffs and getting ready to annihilate.
  • raid han is a really good idea, I will try it today.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    It can only self destruct once it has less than full health. IPD will have the same issue that Vader has on the opener, which is getting through that additional tenacity from Bastila's zeta. In other words, it won't matter. zBastila teams are a challenge for nightmare, but it's possible since the AI so poorly uses them (I run zBastila on one account, zEP on a second and think there is no way that zEP should be able to beat a zBastila team with reasonably equivalent mods).

All that said, fracture tank, focus on GMY with individual attacks. He'll open up eventually and once he does, he's super squishy, so it's possible. Another alternative would be to remove DV in place of Raid Han, stun yoda on the opener, fracture tank, and go from there. Vader really isn't granting you much anyway since he can't really start debuffing until the match is already decided (that is GMY and GK/OB are already dead). DN, Thrawn and Sion are the rock stars here, clearing buffs and getting ready to annihilate.

What if Old Ben is zetad so his taunt sticks? Bleeding nightmare.
  • both sion and nihilus can dispel it.
    Tried han solo this day, hasnt lost a single match against zbastila teams.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    There are some very useful abilities that get overlooked a bit when battling zBast Jedi with sith:
    • Vader's basic is unevadable and unresistable by jedi. Its ability block is very useful against GMY and old ben. Only downside is its % chance to trigger the ability block.
    • Sion's aoe is invaluable against bastila teams because its cooldown is decreased for each enemy that resisted pain, meaning you can repeatedly cleanse for the first few turns. Really slows down jedi teams.
    • If you run thrawn on your team as well then you have 4 attacks which cannot be evaded - Vaders basic and culling blade, thrawns fracture, and sion's break will - so foresight from the yodas or GK is less of an issue.
    • Thrawn will stun jedi that are already ability blocked with his basic - the tenacity has no effect on that, though it can still be dodged.
    • The ability blocks and fracture can feed Nihilus's Drain Force, getting you closer to anhillating GK or ben.
    If you have potency high enough on sith, you'll be able to sneak through some resistable debuffs under Emp lead occasionally as well. I always try to wear down GMY after fracturing GK and kill GMY first. If zezra is on the team, keeping him ability blocked is more important that keeping GMY blocked, as ezra's protection is much higher and the ability block cuts his double attack chance in half, and prevents his very dangerous specials.
    Good luck!
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m