Enough of the current meta, let's innovate !

We all know what i mean. QGJ, GS, Sid, Lumi, ... this combo is strong.
But why would CG implement other toons if they were, each alone, weak and useless? Why didn't they start with only 10 toons?

Let's innovate- i want to make an EWOK team. I mean, you have a dps, a tank and an healer. I think CG will implement (someday) the Ewok Warrior (you can see him in dark side's nodes) and i hope, another healer.
Teebo is easy to farm, but the two others are only farmable from hard nodes.

Another team i thought of, that we never see (but i think in end-game it will be helpful against the Droïd teams :
Datcha ( chief)
Eeth Koth
Jawa
Ugnauth (yes i know, but against a full droid team it's completely OP)
Barris Offee or Luminara (need one hell of a heal/tank)

What do you think of these?

Replies

• Options
    No, this combo is the easiest to farm therefor the most prevalent, but it is by no means strong. Tell me what exactly does Sid contribute to that team if he's not leader? 9/10 you're better off with Rey.

As for an unconventional meta?
    That depends on the power:farmability ratio of a character.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    The multiple impossibility to heal that comes from the "calling help" ability of GS and QGJ. + The fact that he can ignore the defense of his opponent, thus i've seen him doing 5K base damage when QGJ used his ability.
    But that was not the point of the topic, i was only quoting the characters you can find in current meta.
    Whales don't use these characters, of course they prefer to go with Leia, QGJ, and some toons that only they can get (sorry for my poor english).
    As dangerous characs : Rey, Dooku, QGJ, GS, Leia, FOTP, and many others. (the droid team is an end-game team, even more with Grievious out)
    I was just thinking that many "insolite" teams can be VERY strong against the "standard" ones in the current meta.
    The Ewok combo is, i think, a monstruously strong team, but it lacks characters yet. I really think, if farmed correctly, they can be an end-game team as well, and as legit as a jedi or a droid team.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Try a chain stun team perhaps? I'd dread to fight one of those. Ventress can stun on her regular attack, so stick her in the lead for a speed bonus to herself and Daka. Daka is of course a must-have for this build. Add Royal Guard for more stuns and survivability. Dooku is a must-have to stun QGJ or Luminara. Finally, there's an open spot. URoRRuR’R’R has a stun chance on his regular attack, and gains Offense up whenever an enemy is stunned. But Hoth Rebel Scout is probably a better choice, with the chance to give turn meter to all allies (meaning more stuns) and a 40% chance to stun on his special. HRS is also rather fast.

• Options
    Having uganaught,jawa, Datcha, and koth? That'd Droid overkill. Just 2 jawas are what I'm doing, and they stun lock droids for the first turn and if Datcha is leader then you will destroy the team
  • Options
    + The uganaught team is easily farmable, so the droid team can be countered by f2p players !
    I'm just thinking of unusual set-up of characters that people judge "useless". When i'll get them, i'll prove they are STRONG !
    The chain stun is a good idea, but i don't want to get any highly used characters in these teams ( Dooku, and, a bit less used, Daka).
    I was rather thinking, for the stun lock, to get the coruscant agent. The problem here is the royal guard. I have it at 4 stars, but he's a real pain to farm. Even more than ancient ewok....
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Problem with your approach is that it is worth it for whales only. By the time a f2p account develops Datcha, Eeth Koth, Jawa and Ughnaut, droids might alresdy be out of vogue and we might be grinding lvl 80 and facing a new meta where Tuskens are the leaders
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I thought Droids were already out of vogue. They don't seem to hold rank like they used to.
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku
    RG
    Qgj
    Lumi
    Fotp

A nice mix of everything :)
  • Mougish
    53 posts Member
    Options
    not sure if meta or not but am currently building

phasma L
    GS
    QGJ
    Biggs
    Savage

all assist with exception of Savage. phasma will be 7* tomorrow then will focus on Biggs. Once I finish Sid tomorrow, then my next two for arena tokens are going to be Ackbar and ST Han, then will finish luke for a nice rebel squad of
    Akbar L
    st han
    luke
    bigs
    hrs (?)
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    I thought Droids were already out of vogue. They don't seem to hold rank like they used to.

Vs a QGJ lead team with Rey and GS they drop so hard its hilarious. If you want to add insult to injury add Koth to that team and he'll stun ability block a droid right after QGJ moves.

I still see droid teams in the top 50 though. Sometimes even top 10
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    But why would CG implement other toons if they were, each alone, weak and useless? Why didn't they start with only 10 toons?

Let's innovate- i want to make an EWOK team. I mean, you have a dps, a tank and an healer. I think CG will implement (someday) the Ewok Warrior (you can see him in dark side's nodes) and i hope, another healer.

Another team i thought of, that we never see (but i think in end-game it will be helpful against the Droïd teams :
    Datcha ( chief)
    Eeth Koth
    Jawa

I think farming that antidroid team to fight the occasional droid team is a terrible idea unless it just makes you happy to do so.

I also think there are far more combos out there besides the bad QGJ team you mentioned.

I keep seeing the exaggeration in this forum concerning the QGJ Revolution. Did you know there are tanky teams led by Phasma that still land in the top 5? Did you know that Sid is equally represented in the top ten as leader? I also see Dooku led teams and Poggle led teams in the top 20 as well. Heck, even a Bariss led team that snipes the one spot occasionally.

The problem you are going to have and are already having isn't the meta. Its the fact that if you farm that ridiculous droid team you mentioned you will have to make lots of sacrifices.

The Hipsterish anti-meta talks are as stale as the "meta" itself. The hilarious thing is when people get upset about the current meta CG buffs a toon like RG (defense)and the same folks get bent about it.

By all means though. Do something different just remember there are already people doing this and doing it well.. They actually "create metas"
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »

I think farming that antidroid team to fight the occasional droid team is a terrible idea unless it just makes you happy to do so.

I also think there are far more combos out there besides the bad QGJ team you mentioned.

I keep seeing the exaggeration in this forum concerning the QGJ Revolution. Did you know there are tanky teams led by Phasma that still land in the top 5? Did you know that Sid is equally represented in the top ten as leader? I also see Dooku led teams and Poggle led teams in the top 20 as well. Heck, even a Bariss led team that snipes the one spot occasionally.

The problem you are going to have and are already having isn't the meta. Its the fact that if you farm that ridiculous droid team you mentioned you will have to make lots of sacrifices.

The Hipsterish anti-meta talks are as stale as the "meta" itself. The hilarious thing is when people get upset about the current meta CG buffs a toon like RG (defense)and the same folks get bent about it.

By all means though. Do something different just remember there are already people doing this and doing it well.. They actually "create metas"

I'm not too much into the anti droid team but i am currently farming the ewok team. To me, the game is not all about winning, but also about having fun. That's why an ewok team wrecking big teams seems fun to get. And because someday they'll get acknowledgment as a strong team.
    And about that "bad QGJ team" i'm f2p and still getting in the top 10 with : Qgj/Lumi/JC/Sidious/Ct 5
    The server is quite recent, the top power is at 26k (Rambo). I only wanted to do something different, as you mentionned. That ewok team, which can be strong !
  • Options
    Hi,

i use a half rebel squad and im number 1 in arena the first time today.

Im using Ackbar(L), St Han, Hoth Scout, Poggle and GS. Power is 27.679.
  • Options
    You can "create" as many different teams as you want, but in the end nothing can compete with the current speed+DPS meta. If there were better team makeups out there, the whales would be using them already. There's a reason even the whales use the same 10ish characters that everyone else uses......there's nothing better.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options

I'm not too much into the anti droid team but i am currently farming the ewok team. To me, the game is not all about winning, but also about having fun. That's why an ewok team wrecking big teams seems fun to get. And because someday they'll get acknowledgment as a strong team.
    And about that "bad QGJ team" i'm f2p and still getting in the top 10 with : Qgj/Lumi/JC/Sidious/Ct 5
    The server is quite recent, the top power is at 26k (Rambo). I only wanted to do something different, as you mentionned. That ewok team, which can be strong !

I think an ewok team would be fun. I've also heard they are pretty good too. They need to release a few more ewoks maybe
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options

Datcha ( chief)
    Eeth Koth
    Jawa

I currently run this squad. Thoroughly enjoy being the odd team in the top 20:

Teebo (L) 7*
    Ewok Elder 6*
    Ewok Scout 7*
    Leia 7*
    Savage Oppress 7*

All fully geared
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options

I think an ewok team would be fun. I've also heard they are pretty good too. They need to release a few more ewoks maybe

Even with Elder Ewok at 6* he is 5200...the other two Ewok's are 5500+. Together they are a great team. I Run Leia and Savage behind them to add some strength. The team is is north of 27k power.
  • Options
    I don't follow the meta or counter meta or anti meta.

It doesn't meta.

I just do my own thing and have fun doing it.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    RJ__Brando wrote: »

Datcha ( chief)
    Eeth Koth
    Jawa

Teebo (L) 7*
    Ewok Elder 6*
    Ewok Scout 7*
    Leia 7*
    Savage Oppress 7*

All fully geared

Yes, that's kinda get in what i wanted to build : )
    So it's quite effective uh? Does the turn meter reducement and the speed from teebo work well ? ( i thought of that being the most op skill in that team)
    Leia 7* is way too far for me, a f2p. Savage fits in as a big tank and a finisher i guess ^^
  • Options
    Barris(L) STHan Poggle Fives & Kylo/Tusken Raider

Who are you gonna attack first? Poggle? Get wrecked by Han's skillset
    Han? Get wrecked by offensed up tanky mofos

Can't make up your mind? Get equalized

Sounds good in theory, now all depends on AI use
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options

Datcha ( chief)
    Eeth Koth
    Jawa

Teebo (L) 7*
    Ewok Elder 6*
    Ewok Scout 7*
    Leia 7*
    Savage Oppress 7*

All fully geared

Yes, that's kinda get in what i wanted to build : )
    So it's quite effective uh? Does the turn meter reducement and the speed from teebo work well ? ( i thought of that being the most op skill in that team)
    Leia 7* is way too far for me, a f2p. Savage fits in as a big tank and a finisher i guess ^^

Teebo makes things interesting. Withe his turn meterm reduction, you can basically eliminate the teams cannon from attacking. Once I bring Ewok Scouts attack up to level 7, he will take away 50 percent turn meter as well. The entire team is based on control of turn meter.
  • Options

Even with Elder Ewok at 6* he is 5200...the other two Ewok's are 5500+. Together they are a great team. I Run Leia and Savage behind them to add some strength. The team is is north of 27k power.

Their power numbers are meaningless to their synergy. I don't know why that is your logic, but due to the synergy you have a nice team.
  • Options
    I have my droids maxed and am interested in puttin Teebo in front of 88 86 GS and elder. My Elder is 5* in 2-3 days, Teebo 6 tomorrow. GS is really my lagging one due to yoda farming of plo koon
  • Options
    Hard to test the meta without fully geared and starred characters. The time investment makes testing out teams difficult to say the least.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options

Their power numbers are meaningless to their synergy. I don't know why that is your logic, but due to the synergy you have a nice team.

It's the fact that their synergy plus their strength, which subroutines surprised me when I was leveling them up, makes them a tougher opponent then one might think. To be honest, I just slowly built them up not knowing their true potential. I focused on Elder for GW first, then Teebo. Ewok scout was an afterthought.
  • Alastair
    54 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Mougish wrote: »
    then my next two for arena tokens are going to be Ackbar and ST Han, then will finish luke for a nice rebel squad of
    Akbar L
    st han
    luke
    bigs
    hrs (?)

This is exactly what I'm after. Although undecided on last spot. Might try lumi or fives...

Got han at 7, biggs at 4 and Luke at 3... and about 10 shards of ackbar. It's going to be a while, but all on farm!
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Try a chain stun team perhaps? I'd dread to fight one of those. Ventress can stun on her regular attack, so stick her in the lead for a speed bonus to herself and Daka. Daka is of course a must-have for this build. Add Royal Guard for more stuns and survivability. Dooku is a must-have to stun QGJ or Luminara. Finally, there's an open spot. URoRRuR’R’R has a stun chance on his regular attack, and gains Offense up whenever an enemy is stunned. But Hoth Rebel Scout is probably a better choice, with the chance to give turn meter to all allies (meaning more stuns) and a 40% chance to stun on his special. HRS is also rather fast.

Why not phasma lead with daka, dooku, ventress, and hrs?
  • Options
    + The uganaught team is easily farmable, so the droid team can be countered by f2p players !
    I'm just thinking of unusual set-up of characters that people judge "useless". When i'll get them, i'll prove they are STRONG !
    The chain stun is a good idea, but i don't want to get any highly used characters in these teams ( Dooku, and, a bit less used, Daka).
    I was rather thinking, for the stun lock, to get the coruscant agent. The problem here is the royal guard. I have it at 4 stars, but he's a real pain to farm. Even more than ancient ewok....

Until they rework Arena, your strategy does work. You win vs a Droid team, then get sent from rank 20 to rank 700 in a few hours. The way to stay higher is to be picked least often - and that requires fear factor.

• Options
    I'm working on a stun/slow spamming team
    Phasma (L)
    Dooku
    Daka
    Fives
    RG