Qi'ra vs. OG Lando

Prev1
I'm finishing up Capt. Han and can't decide whether to farm Qi'ra or OG Lando next. I like Qi'ra's kit more, but I have a suspicion OG Lando might eventually be a required toon to unlock Jedi Knight Luke. Which should I farm next?

Qi'ra vs. OG Lando 117 votes

Qi'ra
85%
StarSonEventineElessedilVinniarthChicagotarsierThrawn42Ultra6The6Bull6UgnaughtScottyBJtn2tVertigoGlitterOutlawNo_TryOlddumperRandomSithLordXelkevsmartJacenRoecrzydroidBenchmark 100 votes
Lando
14%
PlooshJDSteadySworddWeaselcultPapanakadakaloMoroveusJammaxFREEDOMfromIdontlikesand_16BobaFetaCheeseJomobostonsirjacobofglaisthedrjojoDinotank46RaikoMasterJediBrianTheChild_eats_eggs1 17 votes

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Qi'ra
    Qi'ra seems more fun and useful at the moment. If Lando is required for Jedi Luke there will be enough time to 7* him. He's on an 8 energy Cantina node it's not that slow if you're refreshing cantina energy. Plus who doesn't love a little panic farm?
  • Qi'ra
    No sense in preparing for Jedi Luke, if he is ever added there will probably be a new character or five to farm up before you can unlock him.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Qi'ra
    I think the REAL question here is if they're EVER gonna come out with Jedi Knight (ROTJ) Luke or not. :smirk:
    Then again... I already have my OG Lando 7 star. Can I get a fist bump? :wink: lol
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Qi'ra
    Yeah, so far the list of "could be needed for Jedi Luke" toons is what, 12 names long? Don't get too caught up in what might happen on that front.

Lando's a pretty easy farm as well as a pretty useful character, so farming him anyway isn't a bad thing, but don't farm him just because you think he'll be needed for something else that might be a year or more away.
  • Qi'ra
    Like misfit said, it seems like every day some other new character "might be needed for jedi luke".. if you've played for awhile you know there's going to be at least one or two new characters released to panic farm.
  • Lando
    Lando just cuz CLS makes so many aspects of the game much simpler.
  • Qi'ra
    Lando its sooooooooo outdated
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    Qi'ra
    Lando would be one of the easier panic farms.
    Ploosh wrote: »
    Lando just cuz CLS makes so many aspects of the game much simpler.

OP is talking about a hypothetical ROTJ Luke hat may be added in future. Lando is not a requirement for CLS.
  • Lando
    How does someone not have og Lando? He's like one of the first farms for credit heist... And that stach... Unless you have the whole crew from solo, then qi'ra isn't worth it, and the solo prepared crew just isn't that powerful anyway
  • Qi'ra
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    How does someone not have og Lando? He's like one of the first farms for credit heist... And that stach... Unless you have the whole crew from solo, then qi'ra isn't worth it, and the solo prepared crew just isn't that powerful anyway

The prepared team isn’t good together, but individually they have their uses. Young Han can be used to solo HAAT, Qi’ra is a good scoundrel leader, L3-37 is good on a scoundrel or droid team, and Vandor Chewbacca’s protection regen/revive is great with other scoundrels.
  • Lando
    How does someone not have og Lando?

A good question... and I don’t have a good answer. It just seemed like there was always some other character to farm first (Death Trooper, Capt. Han, etc.)

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member

The prepared team isn’t good together, but individually they have their uses. Young Han can be used to solo HAAT, Qi’ra is a good scoundrel leader, L3-37 is good on a scoundrel or droid team, and Vandor Chewbacca’s protection regen/revive is great with other scoundrels.

I think the prepared team may be good. All of the initial videos had a bugged Vandor and he is fixed now. His damage and rez are vastly better now. He can do his high damage special almost every other turn now, instead of every 5 like before. Once people start getting a maxed L3 on that team I think some minds may change.
  • Qi'ra
    OG lando was great and meta once upon a time.

Power creep castrated his attack damage
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Qi'ra
    I do think oldschool Lando is a bit underrated - he may not be the powerhouse he was back in the day, but he still makes a good secondary Rebel or Scoundrel lead, and I still sometimes team him up with Ackbar and use Tactical Genius to double-fire his AOE for chuckles.

That said, Qi'ra is far more versatile (AOE dispel, assist call, %health damage on basic) and easily the higher priority.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Qi'ra
    Qi’ra is the only leader for the smuggler event, which gives you some pretty good mods/salvage mats. Can make the difference between hitting the next tier or not.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    Yeah, so far the list of "could be needed for Jedi Luke" toons is what, 12 names long? Don't get too caught up in what might happen on that front.

Lando's a pretty easy farm as well as a pretty useful character, so farming him anyway isn't a bad thing, but don't farm him just because you think he'll be needed for something else that might be a year or more away.

Lando can lead Scoundrels or Rebels whereas Qi'ra as a leader can only help scoundrels; both function very, very well in the ally role too. I'm not sure who's better- many on here sing both their praises.

@MasterJediBrian why you necro 7 month old thread? Anyway - now with the benefit of hindsight, its good to see I was right oh so long ago. ;)
  • Qi'ra

Actually that's not true, qi'ra is a very good lead for mission and zaalbar, along with nest +1 good scoundrel/toon, probs vandor chewie or l3.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Qi'ra
    I didn't have Qi'ra when this was first posted, but I do now and she's great. I was able to do the Smugglers Run event without her, but it wasn't a guarantee, and that I have her as the lead, I run it on auto at the highest tier.

She's also a great lead on Scoundrel teams in GA/TW, but I haven't tried her in the arena so I can't comment there. Her zeta is also one I plan to get fairly soon once I get her geared up a little more (G10 currently).

Lando was also very usefull for me earlier on in the game. He was the reason I was able to complete CH/DH at the highest tier, I used him on the Rebel team that ultimately got me Palpatine, and even had a spot on my arena squad for a while. With that said, I wouldn't use him for any of those things if I was a new player today. Building a Phoenix Squad and a BH squad will allow you do do all the things I relied on Lando to do, plus get you Thrawn, Chewbacca, and regularly finish the Rebel Roundup and Galactic Bounties events. Today's SWGOH player has little use for OG Lando, or at the very least, little reason to push him up the list of other Cantina farms that are more useful in other areas of the game or are key to their respective factions.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Qi'ra
    Oh so wonderful with Nest
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I use a 5* OG Lando to lead my 3rd scoundrel team with the vets and storm Han and Clone Chewie. Works pretty well against better squads.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Mission and Z are scoundrels, unlike the rest of the OR. Maybe Canderous too.
  • Moroveus
    147 posts Member
    Lando
    It's funny this post is back at the first page after six months. I now have both farmed to 7*. Q'ira is so much fun with Nest and assorted other scoundrels. I never bothered gearing up OG Landowner's, but at least I've got him if he's needed for a Cloud City event at some point.
  • Lando
    I guess I was wrong 6months ago
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Lando

Actually that's not true, qi'ra is a very good lead for mission and zaalbar, along with nest +1 good scoundrel/toon, probs vandor chewie or l3.

That was a post from 6 months ago mission and zaalbar weren't in the game yet
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Qi'ra
    Dinotank46 wrote: »

Yes they were. They were added to the game in July and this post was made in August.
  • Lando

Yes they were. They were added to the game in July and this post was made in August.

They were? I thought it was September
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Qi'ra

It was July.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/176650/content-update-7-25-2018
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Qi'ra

It was July.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/176650/content-update-7-25-2018

My bud @DaPowerfulJedi with the facts right there. lol :)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ