Can't decide on JTR Farm/Grind

I just can't decide if farming the Vets are worth it. It's going to take months. And I probably won't even have them by the next time JTR comes around in November or whenever because I can't do 3 refreshes a day. But I keep coming back to the fact that after I get BB8 I'll have every legendary besides her.

Help me. I'm indecisive and whiny!

Replies

• Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Yes. Keep farming them.
    JTR is worth it. The Vets are actually decent characters when geared up. Great for TB/TW.

Also if you ever want to look for a new guild, JTR will more than likely be a requirement.
  • Yep, just suck it up and do it. Well worth it. One of the best characters in the game, and fun to use.
  • Jtn2t
    48 posts Member
    It's not too late for you to get the legendary character soon when you keep your progress going. So, you can choose whoever you'd like.
  • The satisfaction of finally finishing the duo is like none-other, once you finish them it is all down hill, I’m currently just waiting for the BB-8 event to start so I can finally unlock her.

I don’t even have her yet, but it was ABSOLUTELY worth the grind
  • Hang in there! I’m in the same boat! Both at 4* right now with han at 45/65. I only do 1-2 refreshes per day so i’ll be lucky to get her this year as well.
  • JTR is 110% worth it. You’ll likely never get into a heroic sith guild without her.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Unless you have a super specific want in mind that outweighs the benefit of getting one of the game's best teams, I'd say farm them. Even if you won't be ready next time, you'll be ready the time after

note- this want doesn't have to be something better for your account. If you want, say, a droid team, go get it as long as you know you can go further with JTR
  • It's worth it for JTR.
  • that sexy JTR... <3<3
  • I know the end result will be worth it, but that doesn't change how aggravating the farm is. I'd rather just quit than be dragged through this slog for half a year.
  • Dxtrinc wrote: »
    I just can't decide if farming the Vets are worth it. It's going to take months. And I probably won't even have them by the next time JTR comes around in November or whenever because I can't do 3 refreshes a day. But I keep coming back to the fact that after I get BB8 I'll have every legendary besides her.

Don't farm her. BB8 is worth it, go for him. As for JTR, there's many other toons/teams that do what she does, but better. And are easier to farm.
  • Dxtrinc wrote: »

Don't farm her. BB8 is worth it, go for him. As for JTR, there's many other toons/teams that do what she does, but better. And are easier to farm.

Ahhhh no. OP should listen to everyone else in this thread and farm the vets.
  • Don't farm her. BB8 is worth it, go for him. As for JTR, there's many other toons/teams that do what she does, but better. And are easier to farm.
    No, there really aren't. She is on the short list for best toons in the game.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »

Can you give some examples? And i'd give counter examples as an argument obviously.

From top of my head,
    There's haat. Ackbar/ vader, wampa, cls, thrawn, hyoda are better than anything rey can offer.

There's arena. Jedi and/or palp meta is better(in newer shards like op's). Traya takes over in mature ones obviously.

There's p1 sith. Again, jedi are better as in they require lesser investment.

TB. Here i agree. For newer players, she's good.

TW. A finn zeta team is much more bang for bucks than RJT and the 6/7 zetas needed.

This.
  • she is definitivly worth it...not only for Arena also for the HSTR Raid

Can you give some examples? And i'd give counter examples as an argument obviously.

From top of my head,
    There's haat. Ackbar/ vader, wampa, cls, thrawn, hyoda are better than anything rey can offer.

There's arena. Jedi and/or palp meta is better(in newer shards like op's). Traya takes over in mature ones obviously.

TW. A finn zeta team is much more bang for bucks than RJT and the 6/7 zetas needed.

It could be argued that Rey teams have similar use and versatility to Jedi teams now in August 2018. I would also say obtaining the ideal versions of both teams requires a similar amount of time and difficulty. While obtaining JTR is time consuming, so is obtaining Hermit Yoda. So I think it balances out. And for content such as territory battles and wars, and for the sith raid, the more good teams you have, the better. So I’d absolutely recommend farming the requirements to get Rey.
  • Can you give some examples? And i'd give counter examples as an argument obviously.

From top of my head,

JTR does not need 6-7 zetas to work and work well. That team needs two. Rey's lead, and BB-8's Roll with the Punches. Arguably Number Crunch, but that's one of the most broadly useful zetas in the game. Everything after that is just gravy.

The ceiling for Jedi in P1 Sith is much higher than Jedi, and it's a very good P2 Sith team. Also, unless you're in a serious guild, you can't really afford to leave P1/P2 damage on the table, so both is better. The standard for holding your own in hSTR is being able to do 2% damage to every phase, preferably with one team. There aren't a whole lot of teams that can manage that against Nihilus or Sion. Some use multiple teams to hit that benchmark against Sion. But with Rey and Jedi ready to go, yeah, you can do both. They aren't replacements. They're compliments. Also, the good hSTR Jedi teams have either Hermit Yoda, who's a huge investment to get, or Visas Marr, who's a single energy hard node farm.

In territory wars, if you have a zFinn team, you have five resistance units. BB-8 and Scavenger Rey are probably among them, so you have almost everything you need for JTR. Also, zFinn is terrible on defense. It's pretty strictly an offensive team, while JTR is good at both. Also, they don't really compete with each other. There are no bad Resistance units. You can field two powerful, purely Resistance teams. Or, if you don't feel like doing the hard farm for Rose and Amilyn, fill in the +2 slot on Rey and the droids with some outsiders and put the rest of Resistance with zFinn, and you've got a good offensive and defensive team ready to go.

You're saying to invest in over a dozen units including Hermit Yoda AND Wampa, as well as three of the five units necessary to get Jedi Rey, to include the one that requires a reasonably invested First Order team, all in order to get out of doing two 16 energy cantina farms. That alone should show what an efficient package JTR is. And Hermit Yoda alone is definitely more costly to get than the vets.
    Still not a he.