Raid damage limit?

Sarduchi
10 posts Member
edited August 2018
Is it possible for you to create a limit for raids so we don’t have to deal with it internally. For example. We have a 500k limit in the first 24 hours. It is all our intentions to stay at that 500k level but mistakes happen and people go over. Sometimes on purpose sometimes on accident. Could you develop a way so that when we enter a raid we can cap how much damage we will do. (A number not to exceed). This would eliminate so much wasted time trying not to go over, eliminate in guild issues and arguments with those that go over and make raids enjoyable. At this point the constant effort needed to manage raid me make them unenjoyable. I would love to hear your feedback.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• It’s really simpler to just go with a zero tag , and then ffa, there’s. Reason why the devs changed things with the raids and made it so there’s is the zero tag join option.

Also, that would likely be considered to fall into the “control other p,ayers ability to play category”. Which means they will not implement it because you are using to limit what. A player can do.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I believe the developers have far more important things to work on.

The simple solution would be to either use the join option or accept honest mistakes. But hey, it's all up to you, what you spend your time on in your guild.
  • Why have a 500k limit...?
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    if you dont want to use the join tag then just do 24 hour 0 damage.
    problem solved
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They will not introduce a way for someone to limit another's game play, control how much rewards someone else gets.

It also doesn't really work, what happens when you hit this limit, does your damage just not count? Seems like a waste if toons. Why hurt people developing the right teams in your guild?
  • The 0 damage 24 hr join timer does the job you're looking for. It's really no different than your 500k limit for all, as it still starts everyone off on the same footing.
  • The guild has everyone do 500k in the first 24 and then only those without Han go up to 1.2million on day 2. This allows everyone to get something and allows those without Han to maximize Han shards.

Please explain the 0 damage timer. I don’t know what that is.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sarduchi wrote: »
    The guild has everyone do 500k in the first 24 and then only those without Han go up to 1.2million on day 2. This allows everyone to get something and allows those without Han to maximize Han shards.

you can either use the in game Join period, or the pre-join period method, of having the raid open and everyone sends in a single low gear 7* toon. they dont do damage they just die and you post on the scoreboard as a 0. This allows everyone to get on the score board and then those that care can do damage at a prescribed time.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    just boot people who take advantage. ez game
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Sarduchi wrote: »
    The guild has everyone do 500k in the first 24 and then only those without Han go up to 1.2million on day 2. This allows everyone to get something and allows those without Han to maximize Han shards.

Even more simple solution:

Use the 24h join option. Let everybody join, then at the actual raid everybody, who already has Han, sit out, while members without Han kill the Rancor. The result is the same:

Players without Han will rank higher than players who already have Han.

Why complicate things?
  • The countdown timer has been introduced for these situations
    Do or don't there is no try