Ship omegas for daily achievements

Hi devs. With the new influx of items needed all over the place. I feel the daily achievements need to include ship omegas as a prize too. Please consider it.

Replies

• That would be nice. The drop rate on the fleet table is really bad and you only get a handful from challenges each week. It's easier to get normal omegas and you only need 5 of those to upgrade an ability. A lot of the ship abilities require 15 or 20 ship omegas.
  • Haha no one is concerned about this!!! Whyyyyy
  • Used to get a lot of extra's when the game started. Server went down for 5 second they sent 100 crystals.

Now... now we just get nerfs on toons and ships we've invested in. You may as well be asking for Unicorns to pee rainbows on your lawn.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I'm pretty sure they won't do it and here is why. A ship with 3 abilites (i.e. single pilot) requires 65 ship omega mats to max out all abilities. One additional ship omega per day would mean that you can max out another ship every two month, which doesn't sound like huge bonus. However, we already get a certain amount of omegas each week from challenges, maybe like 15 or so? The potential amount from fleet battles is negligible but just counting challenges you can already get a fighter maxed each month, which is definitely more than the number of new ships being introduced. Considering the relatively small number of ships in the game, I assume that one additional omega per day is considered too much by CG standards to keep it a crunch. You also have to consider how many ships the average player wants to max out urgently and that number is even a lot smaller.
    On top of that, I'm sure CG wants to keep earning money from packs that include ship omegas such as the current Sith Fighter Bundle / Pack, which are useless for most players but some whales might still buy them just to get the omegas.
  • I don't remember how long it took for the Omega mat to be in daily reward since their introduction but it was long. Ship Omega are recent
  • I agree. Since it's supposed to be a rare piece like Omegas, obviously we shouldn't be asking for a pile of them.

I'm guessing to be fair:
    -none until player is Level 60
    -one if the player is Level 60-84
    -two once you hit Level 85
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Well I thinks it's time for them to put it up. These omegas are abit too hard to come by...
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    My guess is that they will become part of the daily box, but not for another few months. Enough time so that the players who bought some in packs, and shovel crystals at the fleet energy to earn more will maintain an advantage.

After enough F2P players have accumulated enough omegas to "level the playing field", then the omegas will likely become more readily available.

Basically - it'll probably follow the same model as the marquee. But instead of a 3* toon, you just get a trickle of ship omegas right now.
  • I think what would help is a ship raid. Rn it’s still basically arena for ships that still has the same meta.

Make a four part ship raid - make gw and cantina with more ship slots- introduce a bunch of them.

Rewards for the raid will be all the materials , ship currency. If it’s too many raids - make rancor simable and add raid han in heroic raid rewards with the FALCON.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    2 Ship Omegas a day would be wonderful.
  • ctyc123
    328 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    ****, duplicate comment...
  • I'm guessing it's mainly two reasons. The first being there are currently so few ships and the second is that they drop in the fleet table. The drop rate isn't good by any definition, but I'm sure the thought is that if you want them bad enough you'll keep refreshing the ship energy to get them. Same with reinforcement materials.
  • Just let us buy them from the Fleet store. Done and done.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Just let us buy them from the Fleet store. Done and done.
    I totally agree, they should also be available in the fleet store

• Give them out in the new ship raid ;)