What teams should be in all players' 'toolbox' - and in what priority should they be obtained?

Hi guys

I am compiling my own little list of teams what all players should (eventually) have in their 'toolbox'.

Ideally I'd like to also prioritize the teams according to when to get them.

Let me know your thoughts!

Replies

• andreacesa00
    260 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I think you have to focus on event toons, so prepare all teams that are useful to get a legendary/hero journey character. 4 example an empire team to get R2D2(useful for a rebel team). Then the empire team will probably become your arena team. And so on with the other teams.

Empire, Rebels (attention 4 luke's journey), First Order (to get bb8), Phoenix (4 thrawn)...
    Do or don't there is no try
  • Options
    I’d say bounty hunters are looking pretty hot right now. Heists, dstb special mission *2, assault battle, special bounty event for wampa shard...
    I’d say one of the most useful team to build right now aside from the ones needed to unlock characters.
  • Options
    Depends on what stage of the game you are :
    early on, you should build the teams required for legendary characters, safest being phoenix -> thrawn + palpatine, then empire -> r2 ; then the requirements for cls. Afterwards you can go many ways (fo for bb8 -> requirements for JTR, Jedi for yoda, Phoenix ships for thrawn, ...)

In the late game tho, best thing is to build raid teams that helps you in other part of the game (mainly tw), those being fo, ns, imperial troopers, ...

If i were you, I'd take a look at warrior's "4 pillars" guide, it's the best guide on what to farm
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Options

Game Essentials: (to get on your feet)
    - Phoenix
    - Palp/Thrawn + Empire
    - CLS Requirements
    - FO (to get BB-8)
    - JTR Requirements

Late Game Perfectionists: (HSTR & Events)
    - Nightsisters
    - Imperial Troopers
    - Bounty Hunters
    - Chaze / wiggs + Rebel combos
    - Sith (arena meta w/ Traya)
    - Jedi (arena meta w/ Bastilla)

Throw in Ewoks for good measure because of that Heroic event rewarding Wicket shards. More zetas from that bonus tier.

About the only guys you DON’T need at all are like... clones? Geonosians? Droids besides R2/BB-8? Jawas even, since mid stuff is changing.

@hardvig
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    Fauztin wrote: »

Game Essentials: (to get on your feet)
    - Phoenix
    - Palp/Thrawn + Empire
    - CLS Requirements
    - FO (to get BB-8)
    - JTR Requirements

Late Game Perfectionists: (HSTR & Events)
    - Nightsisters
    - Imperial Troopers
    - Bounty Hunters
    - Chaze / wiggs + Rebel combos
    - Sith (arena meta w/ Traya)
    - Jedi (arena meta w/ Bastilla)

Throw in Ewoks for good measure because of that Heroic event rewarding Wicket shards. More zetas from that bonus tier.

About the only guys you DON’T need at all are like... clones? Geonosians? Droids besides R2/BB-8? Jawas even, since mid stuff is changing.

@hardvig

Well... that was the list I was gonna compile!

Thanks!!
  • Options
    Missing one team I find essential frommid game; scoundrels for credit heist.

Most (all?) Bounty Hunters are scoundrels though...
  • Options
    You'll probably want to add "Rogue One" toons to the list, since they also have a couple LS TB missions dedicated to them. They can be a late-game focus, though, somewhere around Bounty Hunters.
  • Options
    @Fauztin gave you a good answer. You’ll need different teams for different areas of the game. Broken down by area,

For events, you will need Phoenix, Rebels (Phoenix are also Rebels), Rebel ships, Empire, First Order, Jedi, Nightsisters, Ewoks, Bounty Hunters, and specialty teams for Luke’s and Rey’s hero’s journeys.

For territory battles, you’ll need Phoenix, Rogue One, Rebels, Bounty Hunters, Imperial Troopers (also Empire), Empire, and 5 specific characters for each side (10 total).

For the sith raid, you’ll need pretty much all of the above.

And for arena, you’ll need to be paying attention to the latest characters and seeing if they can help you win. You can either choose to do what others in your arena shard are doing or run teams that can counter those teams. The developers are trying to diversify arena, so a few different teams will work.
  • Options
    Phoenix.

Empire.

Rebels.

Scoundrels (well, at least 3 good Scoundrels).
  • Options
    After Phoenix, Empire, CLS requirements, FO, and scoundrels, I'd spend a month' or two filling in some gaps before starting the vet farm for JTR. Geos for Fleet. Nightsisters. Ewoks. Troopers. There are a bunch of cantina farms which are cumulatively more valuable than JTR since the vets are useless for anything else.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    First:
    Phoenix
    Empire (Thrawn and EP from Phoenix. Go for Vader, TFP and Tarkin, to start on pilots. Gets you R2).
    FO (solid team KRU, Kylo, FOX, FOST and FOO. Gets you BB8)
    Old Resistance (Finn, Poe, RT, Stick Rey).
    Jedi (Bastilla, QGJ, Old Ben. Will get you GMY. Barris optional).
    Veteran Han and Chewie.
    JTR
    Scoundrels for credit heists (Boba, IG88 and STH).
    Rebels (Leia and Farmboy for CLS).
    Geonosians for fleet arena.

Then you can go for more exotic teams like:
    Nightsisters.
    Imperial Troopers.
    Sith (Nihilus, Sion, ST)
    Ewoks
  • Options
    While it's not a traditional team, I would add a Rex lead team to any of these lists. His ability to help transition metas is invaluable. The team around him varies depending on the meta and his "Swiss Army Knife Team" has found a way be arena viable ever since he joined the game.

Team: Rex's Swiss Army

• Options
    I'd put NS and Ewoks ahead of the veterans in cantina farming. Fast farms compared to vets and get you more zeta mats.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    It's worth noting that Unmasked Kylo and his ship are on the same node, so you can get started on a solid ship while farming for your First Order team.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Phoenix and Bounty Hunters