Traya / Trooper / Nest Counter Teams

cannonfodder_iv
992 posts Member
edited August 2018
Running zBastila in arena and generally facing Traya / Trooper comps. I'll swap in DN when I'm feeling very patient, but generally don't bother as it's not worth the frustration. I know there are comps out there that beat this combination, but Traya currently owns me when Trooper's around. It's not pretty. I need help.

The Jedi generally just sit there and pound on Trooper for minimal damage (thank you crit avoidance and armor rating!!) until he's finally dead. DN pops off an annihilate soon after, usually Ezra, and it's game over. My favorite is when you get to Hoda / Bastila / GK vs. Nest. It's an exercise in futility (did she really need the health steal too? if you wanted her to be a tank, make her a tank - she's an attanker).

Alright, let's hear 'em. Extra points for turn order, kill order, and any special conditions (e.g., don't bother using GMY's buff share if Sion is > 50% TM).

EDIT: I know there are videos, I've seen them - I'm not sure what some of those teams are facing from a mods perspective because I've tried some of the exact same lineups with a very different results. My mods aren't fantastic, but they're good enough to compete at the top of arena. I'm looking more for real world experiences, not someone interested in generating page views. Thanks!

Replies

• You have 2 characters with dispell capabilities. Why focus on trooper? Dispell, cut traya down, dispell, cut down nihilus, then sion then rest.
  • You have 2 characters with dispell capabilities. Why focus on trooper? Dispell, cut traya down, dispell, cut down nihilus, then sion then rest.

He regains his taunt very quickly. Any time a sith uses a special and anytime a sith ally falls below 50% his unique triggers. Between Sion constantly spamming pain and Traya's leadership giving health back to any Sith with a debuff that took damage, he's regaining taunt much faster than the two dispels you have. At least that's been my experience running the team.
  • Then drop thrawn in there and fracture him
  • Then drop thrawn in there and fracture him

I was going to say this, yes, Thrawn is your solution...

Take a look at this video:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=DM5wOgGaDq0
  • aperingo wrote: »
    Then drop thrawn in there and fracture him

I was going to say this, yes, Thrawn is your solution...

Take a look at this video:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=DM5wOgGaDq0

Yes, tried that as well - the quote "if Thrawn fractures your Thrawn it can fall apart" was telling. My speeds weren't right, this is probably the approach that will work for me.
  • wampa work pretty well against nest, two attack with jedi's buff and die very easy. his special can inflict daze and nest begin useless. I use ibrid bastila team and i can win against traya most of time. Bastila gmy thrawn nihilus(sion agaist jedi team) wampa.
  • Yes, tried that as well - the quote "if Thrawn fractures your Thrawn it can fall apart" was telling. My speeds weren't right, this is probably the approach that will work for me.
    If you need more speed for Thrawn or Nihilus give more speed to Ezra (who gets a 15% tm from Bastilla lead) and have him call Thrawn or Nihilus for assist : as they're support type they get +40% TM
  • could possibly use nest yourself as she can dispel with her basic + stun and buff immunity with special. the cleanse on debuffs from traya unique happens on sit own turn and as he is usually build slow this will give you some time to focus on the others
  • I run Bastilla/gmy/old Ben/Thrawn/Nihilus. Old Ben needs to be fast. Gmy buffs, old Ben removed tm, fracture nihilus and annihilate traya while u kill sion. Let him taunt and hit him hard while nihilus is fractured.
  • I run Bastilla/gmy/old Ben/Thrawn/Nihilus. Old Ben needs to be fast. Gmy buffs, old Ben removed tm, fracture nihilus and annihilate traya while u kill sion. Let him taunt and hit him hard while nihilus is fractured.

Interesting. So OB Mind Tricks and DN's basic removes the trooper pre-taunt so you can go after Sion (otherwise the jedi will be trapped behind Trooper since they won't get pain).

I fail to see how this character is good for the health of the game.