Forge or other means of combining items

Iamme
15 posts Member
edited August 2018
I have been playing SWGOH for a fairly short amount of time, but I have noticed how there is a major bottleneck of items needed for higher gear levels (all characters need the same materials and lots of them) while lower tier items accumulate to no end.

I have thousands of lower tier items that I have no use for, and I'm sure most people are the same. Is there a possibility of introducing a forge or something similar in order to combine lower tier items to produce higher tier items?

There is a hologram treasure box to the left of the mod store that looks a perfect location for that type of thing ;) This would be a fantastic addition to the game.

Replies

• A forge, a way to sell them for credits, or a way to scrap them for shard shop currency would be nice. Just something to get some use out of those.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    No way. Some fool would accidentally forge or sell or scrap some gear which they may eventually need then complain to CG. It’s what has already happened in the past, which is why the sell feature was removed in the first place.
  • Yerff_Caasi
    736 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Huatimus wrote: »
    No way. Some fool would accidentally forge or sell or scrap some gear which they may eventually need then complain to CG. It’s what has already happened in the past, which is why the sell feature was removed in the first place.

Punishing smart players in order to cater to dumb ones doesn’t seem like a stable business model...
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Iamme
    15 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    What Yerff said. I'm sure that would inevitably happen to some people, but the items being combined would likely be lower tiered, more easily obtained items anyways.

There could also be a secondary 'are you sure?' confirmation put in place to help with accidental combinations.

I have literally thousands of unused items that won't be used (or a small portion used with new toon builds) that could be put toward something that could help upgrade higher geared toons quicker. Everyone in the guild that I'm in has the same issue.

A forge and/or selling for credits is a viable way to deal with this, having a 'scrap item' option would be pointless though, no need for that.
  • We had a sell for credits, it was removed due to people selling gear then freaking cuz they sold the wrong piece. As @Huatimus already mentioned, and as for @Yerff_Caasi point, this was removed from game as the simplest solution.

Furthermore, Combining gear into higher tiers won’t likely happen, that interferes with the gear bottle necks they have in place, and provides a cheap way around them. Also, with regards to low level gear and quantities on hand, who cares? It costs you nothing, it impacts nothing in your gameplay, and it does not interfere with any part of your inventory.
  • Iamme
    15 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I care, that's why I made the post. To do daily activities and accumulate useless items is frustrating. To combine lower tier items at say 10 to 1 would not affect their overall profit margin, and it would give people more incentive to play the game, which could lead to more IAPs by more people in the long run. I think it is a win-win for the players and the developers.

I brought up the idea as an improvement on the original idea of simply selling items. Of course people could screw up and sell the wrong thing or combine items they might need later. I've used shards for the wrong character or material in the past, no big deal. That's how games work, making decisions on what might help to progress your gameplay the quickest way, sometimes you are wrong on those decisions.

Scrapping the idea rather than elaborating and improving is short sighted as it might dissuade people to continue playing the game. By having the option, at least I could use it if I want, and if you wanted to keep your thousands of useless items, then by all means go right ahead.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Looks like you’re pretty new here. Maybe you should check out how many % of suggestions here actually get implemented.

P.s. the earlier you realise the futility of it the better, and you’re not the first unique snowflake to suggest this. And probably not the last either.
  • Iamme
    15 posts Member
    No need for name calling or defeatist attitudes. I have an idea to make the game better, either bring something that adds to the conversation or don't post. Thank you.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    I brought something to the conversation. I brought the actual reason why this feature was removed in the first place. You on the other hand brought nothing new to this conversation which has been rehashed here countless times. If you’d like to keep flogging the dead horse, please carry on, I’m out.