Please fix broken Turn Meter Mechanics

Wayng_Lingo
41 posts Member
edited August 2018
Let me begin by stating that TM manipulation is a huge strategic element of arena and other modes of gameplay that I love to utilize. Thank you for including it in the gameplay.

However, I just had an arena match where my Thrawn got the first turn and the obvious play is to fracture the most valuable enemy. However an auto-taunting tank on the opponent side is keeping me from doing this. Logical next step is to swap TM with target other ally (Grand Admirals Command), so I swap TM to Sion for the mass debuff. Logically, Sion should go next and debuff the tank. Instead the other team gets 2 turns, then Thrawn goes again before Sion can debuff and I have to fracture the tank after all.

Is this how you developers intend the mechanics to work on this move of Thrawn's? The complete random nature of this destroys strategy and thus the gameplay enjoyment. This is driving me away from this game as I enjoy strategy, not rolling dice.
Can you please come up with a better solution?

Thank you.

Replies

• 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Between tm gain and speed it could almost be considered loop game play.
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    This can happen when all of those units have full TM. So Thrawn got lucky to go first any of the 4 could have gone first. He swaps TM with Sion who was full TM so now Thrawn is full TM also, then anyone with full TM can go at random...Sion just had bad RNG so he went last for the 4 characters that were currently at 100%.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    sounds like the other team, who you did not specify but sounded like a Sith team, had two toons (or one toon who moved twice) with equal speed to your Thrawn (or you cleansed DN's health down which pushed the toon in question to 100tm) and you won the first roll for the turn and lost the next two

I forget the thread(s) and the exact arguments made, but it's pretty much been decided that when multiple toons reach 100% tm at the same time, it's best to give the turns randomly, even when it's a move intended to pass a turn like Thrawn's

As you see, it can work against you (Two turns for the enemy) or for you (Thrawn moved first)

I see no issue here. Increasing power of toons has increased tm manipulation
  • What you're looking for is some logic in the game. And there is, mind you.
    The logic in the game is to frustrate players into spending $$ to get their teams better. As per several investor meetings - frustration = revenue.
    If you do something, in this case try and manipulate TM, the Logic of the game is to ensure maximum frustration on your part. That is the logic, as been the whole time.
    The one difference is we're seeing some nerfs on toons we've invested in to artificially inflate frustration... this is unacceptable.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • About turn meter,there is a problem with tarkin,tarkin special cant remove 50 percent turn meter from enemies sometimes,no matter how much he have potency,100 percent or more than 200-300 percent,he cant remove it from some enemies,i saw it happen against palpa,sion(no any pain on tarkin),thrawn(opposite thrawn not fractured any of my toons)
    Tarkin special say 100 percent chance to remove 50 percent turn meter
    Its weird
  • Kill3rba1r wrote: »
    About turn meter,there is a problem with tarkin,tarkin special cant remove 50 percent turn meter from enemies sometimes,no matter how much he have potency,100 percent or more than 200-300 percent,he cant remove it from some enemies,i saw it happen against palpa,sion(no any pain on tarkin),thrawn(opposite thrawn not fractured any of my toons)
    Tarkin special say 100 percent chance to remove 50 percent turn meter
    Its weird

Dont hijack thread and learn game basics. Debuffs can be resisted.
  • They fixed this by introducing Bastila and waiting until Traya became more prevalent in older shards. See, that way there aren't as many zEP mirror matches so people don't noticed the completely random "who goes next" issue nearly as much.

They don't know how to fix it. It will not be fixed. I highly recommend switching to zBastila as soon as you can. It's a much more enjoyable experience than crossing your fingers to see who's Nihilus is going to use Drain Force first.
  • Let me begin by stating that TM manipulation is a huge strategic element of arena and other modes of gameplay that I love to utilize. Thank you for including it in the gameplay.

However, I just had an arena match where my Thrawn got the first turn and the obvious play is to fracture the most valuable enemy. However an auto-taunting tank on the opponent side is keeping me from doing this. Logical next step is to swap TM with target other ally (Grand Admirals Command), so I swap TM to Sion for the mass debuff. Logically, Sion should go next and debuff the tank. Instead the other team gets 2 turns, then Thrawn goes again before Sion can debuff and I have to fracture the tank after all.

Is this how you developers intend the mechanics to work on this move of Thrawn's? The complete random nature of this destroys strategy and thus the gameplay enjoyment. This is driving me away from this game as I enjoy strategy, not rolling dice.

Thank you.

I think what Wayng’s saying is the swap mechanics are flawed. If Thrawn goes first and swaps to Sion, their turns should be swapped, not just their TM. So in that example, say the RNG decided order was Thrawn, Enemy 1, Enemy 2, Sion. If you swap TM with Sion, the order should be Sion, Enemy 1, Enemy 2, Thrawn. Instead, Sion gets 100% turn meter which is then subject to the RNG turn order.
  • Let me begin by stating that TM manipulation is a huge strategic element of arena and other modes of gameplay that I love to utilize. Thank you for including it in the gameplay.

Thank you.

I think what Wayng’s saying is the swap mechanics are flawed. If Thrawn goes first and swaps to Sion, their turns should be swapped, not just their TM. So in that example, say the RNG decided order was Thrawn, Enemy 1, Enemy 2, Sion. If you swap TM with Sion, the order should be Sion, Enemy 1, Enemy 2, Thrawn. Instead, Sion gets 100% turn meter which is then subject to the RNG turn order.

You do realise it says "Swap TM" not swap Turn right?
  • NgH
    59 posts Member
    It should be changed to "swap turn"; I think that's the point.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    It’s working as described and intended. What you think it should do doesn’t matter.
  • NgH
    59 posts Member
    It might be working as described, but I doubt it's working as intended, because it's strategically useless when it's totally rng dependent.
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Let me begin by stating that TM manipulation is a huge strategic element of arena and other modes of gameplay that I love to utilize. Thank you for including it in the gameplay.

Thank you.

You do realise it says "Swap TM" not swap Turn right?

Yes I am aware, thank you.

You’re also aware that I said “mechanics,” right? Meaning the mechanics of the entire thing.

It makes sense to “swap turns” as I explained. Even if every toon is exact speed and hits 100TM at the same time. The RNG turn order is already decided before the first turn takes place. A second RNG roll shouldn’t take place after the TM swap.
  • NgH wrote: »
    It might be working as described, but I doubt it's working as intended, because it's strategically useless when it's totally rng dependent.

My point exactly. There should be an order "stack" or some method of resolving (or at least indicating) the turn-meter tie or, as I originally stated, strategy is in the toilet.
  • Thank you for fixing this CG!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Thank you for changing this CG!

Fixed! :—)