Phase 4 platoon requirements

Is it just our guild, or were these a lot more friendly this time? We only had 1 Sith Assassin ship in squadron 1, and 4 Lando Falcons across squadrons 3-5.

This meant we could do 1,2,3 and 6 for 4/6. Certainly beats 0/6 from last time.

Replies

• Ignatz_Festus
    61 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    This is nonsense from CG. Every squadron needs either Lando’s Falcon or Sith Fighter. We’re a 141M GP guild and we can’t fill a single squadron because our whale isn’t into ships.
  • GambrinusKluk
    222 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    CG, can you please not put marquee toons in platoons until they become f2p?

You are seriously hurting the guilds ablity to fill platoons and thus complete the missions. Between this and the changes to fleet mission where it is now 1 wave for all the points, most guilds are getting fewer stars then in the past and it's incredible frustrating.

It's gonna get to the point that it'll be impossible to every fill platoons unless a dozen or more people in your guild whale on the marquee toons. Is this what you want? Is that the whole point of releasing all new toons thru marquee events, so that you're required to buy them or else you aren't gonna be able to complete old content that your guild had previously been able to complete without issue?
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Nope, this was very painful. My 127M guild also couldn't complete a single one. Every single squadron required either Lando's Falcon or Sith Fighter.

I don't see any of the whales on my ship shard even using those ships, so the spenders in my guild certainly won't, since these aren't value-added.

Now, spenders should get an advantage over completely F2P, but that advantage should be the difference between 4 squadrons and 6.

It's very obvious that they've limited requirements in platoons - for the Dark Side TBs, platoons 3 & 4 only use established empire toons, and Platoons 5 & 6 are typically the only ones requiring legendary, raid, or Guild Event Token only characters.

Just apply the same logic and make Marquee toons only applicable to Squadrons and Platoons 5-6 (or 1-2 if you want to require us to use legendary but not the new marquee toons).
  • My 150m guild also could only fill one platoon due to this crap. Shame on you CG
  • mgoblueballs
    49 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    It would be nice to grow as a guild and strive for more stars in TB, but when the devs pull this kind of crap it's impossible. We actually lost a star last time because we couldn't fill even two platoons. And we are a 150m guild also. Thanks, CG.
  • So we got lucky. That sucks - thought they’d fixed it.
  • Be prepared to not be to not be so lucky.
  • mgoblueballs
    49 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    And it continues in p5... 5 out of 6 platoons require marquee ships. Thanks again, CG. You're doing a fantastic job of taking the fun out of the game.
  • And they didn't alleviate the over-requirement on Empire toons when there is yet again an Empire only battle. Empire comprise 55% of all platoon requirements, but only represent 26.5% of available Dark Side toons (see footnote). Why are they so over-represented? I know....the question was rhetorical, and while it might *only* be 2 toons per player in a full guild, that's really going to hurt small to medium sized guilds that need those toons to clear missions.

Then again, with $ith Fighter or Lando'$ Falcon in all but 1 squadron, Wave 4 is likely to be a dumpster fire anyway so it won't matter much.
  • We could only do 2/6 for ships, but incredibly could do 6/6 in both ground zones.

Phase 6 is going to suck big time if our luck runs out!
  • the ships have been unkind to my guild. lots of Sith Assassins & Landos, but fortunately we were still able to fill 2 platoons each phase so far.

in the ground territories, not so many Range Troopers or Embos. fortunately, we have 2 guys who have 7* Bossks so that helped when he popped up into platoons
  • Platoons 3&4 in middle / bottom were all Empire, as ever.

We were 1 Embo short of 6/6 in middle, which is a bummer as now p6 special will be very difficult.
  • AdamBremley
    8 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    This is nonsense from CG. Every squadron needs either Lando’s Falcon or Sith Fighter. We’re a 141M GP guild and we can’t fill a single squadron because our whale isn’t into ships.

CG we really need you to fix this for TB as it makes it impossible to fill platoons when you require non-farmable characters. That’s just messed up! The game is super fun but this decision is ruining TB.